Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Natural Bridge 7/22

Old 07-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Re: Natural Bridge 7/22

Well guys, now that I datalogged today, and found out I am running 11.1:1 from 5000-6000 rpms, and 10.8:1 from 6-7k rpms, and on top of that, found out I am running 3.81 psi according to my MAP sensor(boost gauge is off, reading 5ish)..

Well damn, 9.3 isnt so bad for 3.8 psi running rich as poop
Old 07-23-2005, 06:57 PM
.!.. Evo's ;)

KnowForever has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by GaRn
Well guys, now that I datalogged today, and found out I am running 11.1:1 from 5000-6000 rpms, and 10.8:1 from 6-7k rpms, and on top of that, found out I am running 3.81 psi according to my MAP sensor(boost gauge is off, reading 5ish)..

Well damn, 9.3 isnt so bad for 3.8 psi running rich as poop

lol, the 3.8 psi demon. your times are'nt bad tho, i only managed a 9.7 in my heap, but i launch like a granny
Old 07-23-2005, 09:23 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DeadEvoVIII
lol, the 3.8 psi demon. your times are'nt bad tho, i only managed a 9.7 in my heap, but i launch like a granny
haha.. yea I think i am gonna leave it at the amazing 3.8 psi that its at until I find SOME way to cool this bitch off.. there is no way to fit a front mount, I can fit the intercooler, but there is no place for any charge pipes... so its either gonna be small ass sidemount, and air/water intercooler, or like alot of the GNX boys and go strictly water injection and no intercooler..

we will see what tuning it does for it
Old 07-24-2005, 07:01 AM
.!.. Evo's ;)

Originally Posted by GaRn
haha.. yea I think i am gonna leave it at the amazing 3.8 psi that its at until I find SOME way to cool this bitch off.. there is no way to fit a front mount, I can fit the intercooler, but there is no place for any charge pipes... so its either gonna be small ass sidemount, and air/water intercooler, or like alot of the GNX boys and go strictly water injection and no intercooler..

we will see what tuning it does for it
my bud chris has a nice air/water intercooler set up on his h22 turbo., hopefully i can drag his ass to the dyno day and you can check it out. The car freakin moves!
Old 07-24-2005, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation

next friday?

Prolly not unless my clutch starts feeling better by then I made 16 passes friday I could have made more but I had to let the car cool down a few times so I got my moneys worth for once
Old 07-24-2005, 01:51 PM
Banned

2002BLGT is an unknown quantity at this point

my bud chris has a nice air/water intercooler set up on his h22 turbo., hopefully i can drag his ass to the dyno day and you can check it out. The car freakin moves!
this coming up friday is the mustang shootout , not to step on the import guys but I would say the mustangs are gonna be overcrowding the bridge ....
Old 07-24-2005, 03:45 PM
.!.. Evo's ;)

Originally Posted by 2002BLGT
this coming up friday is the mustang shootout , not to step on the import guys but I would say the mustangs are gonna be overcrowding the bridge ....

well, i would just go to watch/hang out.. no point in dragging my car, lol
Old 07-25-2005, 07:52 AM
I <3 (.Y.)

vtec101 is a name known to allvtec101 is a name known to allvtec101 is a name known to allvtec101 is a name known to allvtec101 is a name known to allvtec101 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by 2002BLGT
yeah you wouldnt believe the amount of mustangs that show up for this event,and to be honest with you there is not a whole lot of time seperating #1 qualifier from the #8 qualifier. the last one i saw there was an older 84 or 85 yellow one, he ran 6.80s in the finals in street trim on slicks. (fat kid racing) i think was the name of there team. would like to see some of the blown mustangs come out and race
Old 07-27-2005, 03:46 PM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

By putting a IC and water Injection might make you run leaner because the air will be more "useful" and not heatsoaked. I do know that by running a good IC, and drawing cold air into the inlet will lower knock a ton. I gained 2-3lb/m of airflow by just switching from a hot air intake w/ the filter in the engine bay to a cooler setup w/ the filter away from heat. Granted this was in cooler weather so the effect was more noticable. Why not look for a small fmic off ebay, they really aren't that expensive.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:26 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Spooln4
By putting a IC and water Injection might make you run leaner because the air will be more "useful" and not heatsoaked. I do know that by running a good IC, and drawing cold air into the inlet will lower knock a ton. I gained 2-3lb/m of airflow by just switching from a hot air intake w/ the filter in the engine bay to a cooler setup w/ the filter away from heat. Granted this was in cooler weather so the effect was more noticable. Why not look for a small fmic off ebay, they really aren't that expensive.
Hey, yea I am still lookin into fitting one, I have space to mount it, just nowhere to run the charge pipes, but I have yet to look really good at it with all the other little problems here and there.. Now either my front main seal, cam seal, or balance shaft seals are leaking... ugh.

Quick Reply: Natural Bridge 7/22