Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

natural bridge drag strip

Old 03-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch
Default Re: natural bridge drag strip

Yes richmond, or dinwiddie, stay in the clarion hotel with the hooters attached and have a real good weekend!
Old 03-30-2009, 01:48 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
Why not go to the new 1/4 strip in Charlotte? Only 3 hours away, and I hear its an amazing track. 4 lanes; supposedly one of the best in the US now; just opened up like a month ago.
4 lanes?

I've been out of the loop apparently.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:50 PM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Originally Posted by K20_hisatch
Yes richmond, or dinwiddie, stay in the clarion hotel with the hooters attached and have a real good weekend!
I like the way you think.

Think I will start working on maybe doing a western meet at a drag strip. Could be fun. I'm totally up for dinner at hooters too
Old 03-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Quick Image

AceTransAm02 will become famous soon enoughAceTransAm02 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by K20_hisatch
Sounds like a plan to me....
Old 03-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JROW
Sounds good, but 3 hours is a good hike for drag racing. Could make for a fun weekend though if I rented a hotel I guess.
Originally Posted by slowz06
^ +1
I think I'll stick with Richmond
Richmond is 3 hours from here too. If I'm going to any 1/4 mile strip its going to be Charlotte; like I said, word of mouth says its one of the best in the country, and apparently one of the best in the world. It's a 100+ million dollar facility. I'm sure it's well worth the 3 hour drive.

It's also really long too (past the sensors) as well as a sand trap (or something like that) to be approved for top fuel dragsters. In addition is all smoothed concrete and not asphalt, someone was telling me, which is different from most tracks - it's extremely smooth and consistent.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:03 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I did a little research about it after you mentioned it and it does sound nice as fuck. How did I not hear about it before now? Wow.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:06 PM
psn u sdwyz n slo ln

slowz06 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
Richmond is 3 hours from here too. If I'm going to any 1/4 mile strip its going to be Charlotte; like I said, word of mouth says its one of the best in the country, and apparently one of the best in the world. It's a 100+ million dollar facility. I'm sure it's well worth the 3 hour drive.

It's also really long too (past the sensors) as well as a sand trap (or something like that) to be approved for top fuel dragsters. In addition is all smoothed concrete and not asphalt, someone was telling me, which is different from most tracks - it's extremely smooth and consistent.
may be three hours for you but it's 5 for me... i can make it to richmond in 2...

besides, my top fuel dragster is in the shop

edit.. jrowe let me know what you come up w/ concerning a meet!

Last edited by slowz06; 03-30-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:10 AM
Registered Member

CovertRussian is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be down for a 1/4 track. How much does it usually cost to go once or couple times?
Old 03-31-2009, 06:14 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by CovertRussian
I would be down for a 1/4 track. How much does it usually cost to go once or couple times?
Depending on the track, it's generally about the same cost as an eighth mile track.

Your question was confusing though: if you're asking how much to make a couple passes, it's the same as it would be if you stayed there the whole night and made 30 passes. You don't pay per pass.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:54 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Originally Posted by CovertRussian
Usually 25 bucks for a test/tune day and 35-40 for a race day. You get to go as many times as you can. On a richmond street night you can go a good number of times. Oh, and the cost is per day, not race.

On a test and tune day probly 5-10 passes depending on how busy maybe more. On a race day, 3-4 max. Unless you win a lot in the eliminations.

Worth the money, it's fun.

Quick Reply: natural bridge drag strip