Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

NB drag strip death?

Old 09-30-2007, 09:15 AM
89silude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94silude is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NB drag strip death?

So from what i hear someone died at NB last friday (9/28). From what i was told someone on a dirt bike went to pass an ATV (in the pits i assume) and the guy on the bike fell in front of the ATV. the ATV apparently ran the guy over and killed him!

All of that was hearsay, so i dunno what is/isn't true. was anyone there? is that what happened? such a shame...
Old 09-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Dont guess, diagnose

連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入
Default Re: NB drag strip death?

I havent heard anything...
Old 09-30-2007, 09:36 AM
www.flat4va.com

05GrayWRX has disabled reputation

There was a story about it in the Roanoke Times today.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/134081
Old 09-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Automotive Slave

FiascoXL has disabled reputation

what a shame, and i always wondered when something would happen like this. NB needs to put a stop to the speeding and such in and around the pit and return lanes, i hate to see this be the only reason they crack down on thing like that.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:54 AM
Registered Member

diamondstargsx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by FiascoXL
what a shame, and i always wondered when something would happen like this. NB needs to put a stop to the speeding and such in and around the pit and return lanes, i hate to see this be the only reason they crack down on thing like that.
got that right,first track i have ever been to that has no police there if something does get out of control!
Old 09-30-2007, 10:17 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

My friends were there when it happened... It happened in the return lane, and he was going the wrong direction when he collided with the ATV. Their story differs a little bit from the story in the paper, but regardless it was pretty gruesome.

She's an E.R. nurse and she was very upset when the EMT just stood there and did nothing to try and help, basically just watching him die. The EMT told her to back off. She says it was pretty gruesome and some of the inside things were on the outside for a lack of better words. I'm trying to be as eloquent as possible when saying that. That's as much as I really want to say.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation

wow that is sad I knew it would happen one day that's why when I went there I tried to walk in the gravel area along side the fence to much of that crap.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:11 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by SpoolnSRT4
wow that is sad I knew it would happen one day that's why when I went there I tried to walk in the gravel area along side the fence to much of that crap.
I knew it would eventually happen too.

I hate to say it, but NB is far too loose on the rules. It seems like a great thing until you realize something like this could have probably been prevented.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Banned

DecentCivicZ6 is an unknown quantity at this point

yep, always said that place is a pile of shit. fuck that place. Shelor Motor Mile owns.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:53 AM
Registered Member

sidewaysfox is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: NB drag strip death?

well in theory, its all because you have 13 and 14 year old kids up there, going flat crazy on dirt bikes and quads. There should be some sort of age limit on that shit. And in my opinion, they shouldn't even have that stuff up there on fridays. When people are actually paying there money to run their cars/race cars. And then you have to wait for an hour just to watch people do wheelies up the track, like thats top shit. I am sorry for this happening for sure, but I figured something would soon enough.

Quick Reply: NB drag strip death?