Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need Help

Old 12-14-2006, 11:05 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo
Default Re: Need Help

Yeah. I have a 67 that is down in NC right now. All the work on it is paid for. I'm just waiting on the guy to finish it. It's been down there so long I forgot about it until you said something.

I would have loved to restore it myself, but I don't have the time or know-how...
Old 12-14-2006, 11:19 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Yeah, thats it... I couldn't remember if it was a 67 or 68.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
Honda and "race car" should NOT be in the same sentence.
Ah come on now, you know better than that! Civics are excellent platforms, parts are very readily avaliable and cheap compared to most other cars. Imo some of the better powerplants(variety included) as well as far as 4 cyl's go.

I'm looking forward to my project car.. I didn't de-turbo my prelude for nothing may be a while though unfortunately
Old 12-14-2006, 04:50 PM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by GaRn
Ah come on now, you know better than that! Civics are excellent platforms, parts are very readily avaliable and cheap compared to most other cars. Imo some of the better powerplants(variety included) as well as far as 4 cyl's go.

I'm looking forward to my project car.. I didn't de-turbo my prelude for nothing may be a while though unfortunately
I know, it was a joke.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:57 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I think Honda's make EXCELLENT daily drivers... but to turn one into a race car while trying to make it fast, competitive, reliable, and cheap... it's just unrealistic. You have to sacrifice something. If you want to be fast and competitive, you can't have reliability or cost efficiency.

Why not buy something else to race that would be even cheaper and even faster? Something with a little muscle behind it?
Old 12-15-2006, 04:01 AM
Registered Member

jdawgs92ludesi has disabled reputation

i guess i will give wegofast a call sometime very soon to get a price quote and we will go from there. thanks guys
Old 12-15-2006, 04:31 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I think Honda's make EXCELLENT daily drivers... but to turn one into a race car while trying to make it fast, competitive, reliable, and cheap... it's just unrealistic. You have to sacrifice something. If you want to be fast and competitive, you can't have reliability or cost efficiency.

Why not buy something else to race that would be even cheaper and even faster? Something with a little muscle behind it?
Because I already have the car, mainly. And she is the only owner of it, so I know what kind of condition it's in. I don't want to go out and have to look for a car, get the money to buy it (or a loan ), make sure everything is right with it, and then start working on it.

Besides, a friend of mine has a freshly built B18 that was built from the ground up as a race motor. Dart block, forged pistons, all the good stuff. Built to be a turbo motor. He has most all the turbo parts as well. I can get it very cheaply since he just got divorced and his ex took the car it was going to go in.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:54 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Because I already have the car, mainly. And she is the only owner of it, so I know what kind of condition it's in. I don't want to go out and have to look for a car, get the money to buy it (or a loan ), make sure everything is right with it, and then start working on it.

Besides, a friend of mine has a freshly built B18 that was built from the ground up as a race motor. Dart block, forged pistons, all the good stuff. Built to be a turbo motor. He has most all the turbo parts as well. I can get it very cheaply since he just got divorced and his ex took the car it was going to go in.
I see.

So... now you're one of them

Old 12-15-2006, 06:11 AM
Registered Member

You mean a HOMO?
Old 12-15-2006, 06:17 AM
Coastal Carolina U

James93tsi has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jdawgs92ludesi
i guess i will give wegofast a call sometime very soon to get a price quote and we will go from there. thanks guys
A buddy of mine had his H22 put in his accord at wegofast. I'm not trying to hate on wegofast or anything, the swap was done correctly, but he had numerous problems with the car after he got it back. I would save money and attempt the swap myself if I were you. Get a couple of friends, some kind of guide and swap it out