Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need Help

Old 12-15-2006, 06:25 AM
Famous...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Need Help

Originally Posted by James93tsi
A buddy of mine had his H22 put in his accord at wegofast. I'm not trying to hate on wegofast or anything, the swap was done correctly, but he had numerous problems with the car after he got it back. I would save money and attempt the swap myself if I were you. Get a couple of friends, some kind of guide and swap it out
+1. Good call James. It would save you a lot of dough.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:02 AM

HSP_DSM has disabled reputation

I second that...
Old 12-15-2006, 08:58 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I think Honda's make EXCELLENT daily drivers... but to turn one into a race car while trying to make it fast, competitive, reliable, and cheap... it's just unrealistic. You have to sacrifice something. If you want to be fast and competitive, you can't have reliability or cost efficiency.

Why not buy something else to race that would be even cheaper and even faster? Something with a little muscle behind it?
Well that goes for ANY race car, so its all the same!

I guess it just depends on what flavor you want, jap/etc or muscle.. I like both, one of each please.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:09 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by GaRn
Well that goes for ANY race car, so its all the same!

I guess it just depends on what flavor you want, jap/etc or muscle.. I like both, one of each please.
My point was that, although I've always sort of rooted for the underdog, that it's sort of silly to make a 4 cylinder race car if you don't have some sort of high dollar sponsorship behind you. Yes, it's fun to beat the big boys....... but I think I'd rather build a v8 next time
Old 12-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

I used to be the biggest honda-hater ever. Check out power per litre, and power-to-weight ratio... GS-R's and Type-r's are pretty stout.
Are they f-bodies? No.
Will they hang with stock mustangs of the same age range? They won't fall far behind.
Are they cheaper to mod than most anything? Yep.
Will you still get twice the gas mileage of the v8 guy? Yep.
Will your rebuild be cheaper than most anything else? Yep.

I'm not saying a 100 hp civic should be out racing... but the high-end integras and swapped civics can hold their own in road racing... which seems lots more fun that drag racing to me.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Registered Member

jdawgs92ludesi has disabled reputation

i would love to attempt the swap myself but i work 6 days a week and have no time to do it.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:52 AM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
My point was that, although I've always sort of rooted for the underdog, that it's sort of silly to make a 4 cylinder race car if you don't have some sort of high dollar sponsorship behind you. Yes, it's fun to beat the big boys....... but I think I'd rather build a v8 next time
Not really all 4-cylinders, just mainly Hondas. There are DSMs and others out there that are ridiculous without spending a lot of money.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:16 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
Not really all 4-cylinders, just mainly Hondas. There are DSMs and others out there that are ridiculous without spending a lot of money.
Hell, even my car... it ran good even when it was only chipped and 3" turbo-back exhaust. The 1.8T responds well to mods, but my point is that it still seems kind of silly to have spent that much money to only be where I was. Yes, I could have got a 15 year old DSM for a small portion of what I paid for my car and probably made it a 10 or 11 second car with the rest of the money I would have saved... lol

My uncle was talking about letting me pick out one of his cars and bringing it back to VA. They're all going to me one day, but hopefully no time soon. I was thinking about maybe getting one of the Vettes and supercharging it, but then I also get to thinking and wondering if I really need the temptation of anything like that right now. I'm getting a truck soon and I'm really hoping to stay out of trouble on four wheels altogether. lol
Old 12-16-2006, 02:15 PM
Society is a Drag.

NiceNloW has disabled reputation

I've herd lots of good things about Wegofast, Some dude i know....the people that wegofast on here will know of him.....Well anyways they done his car and it was perfect. it was a Ek w/ a GSR turbo motor swapped in. His name is Eric. Very beautiful car.