Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

need help asap

Old 04-10-2003, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rutapoutpks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need help asap

my mom email me today and said " You need to call 1-888-828-7377 and type in your zip code at Radford 24141
it will tell you the closest auto physical insopection site closest to you. You need to go and get the form filled out. Mail it immediately" so my question is where around here can i do it and how much will it cost since i have a turbo integra running open waste gate? can anyone help?
Old 04-10-2003, 12:17 PM
God

Rguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you need emissions or just state inspection?
Old 04-10-2003, 12:44 PM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

open wastegate=open exhaust, u wont past state inspection wether it has an emissions test or not. i suggest u find a really REALLY lenient place to get your state inspection and THEY might let you pass, or get ur wastegate rerouted back into your dp before u go in.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:49 PM
God

I've never had a state inspection place open my hood. And even if they did, im about 75% sure they wouldnt even know what the hell an open waste-gate was. And you dont have an intercooler, its a "racing radiator".
Old 04-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

wtf. Rguy, please tell me where u get ur state inspection done so i can go there next.

State Inspection from 2002

16. – INSPECT HOOD AND AREA UNDER THE HOOD FOR:

Operating condition of hood latch.

Presence of emissions system -Evidence that any essential parts have been removed, rendered inoperative or disconnected.

Fluid levels that are below the proper level
1. Brake fluid.
2. Power steering fluid.

Power steering belt - proper tension, wear, or absence.
Old 04-10-2003, 01:20 PM
God

hmmm....maybe im a dumbass and wasnt paying attention when they did that.
Old 04-10-2003, 01:57 PM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

correct, most places are absolute morons who couldnt tell you the difference between a turbo and an alternator from my experience, but occasionally they will catch you. I have had them open my hood before, and its always good to kinda become friends with the people at the inspection place. Basically I would go in there making sure you proved to them that you know absolutely more about your car than they do, as they are looking at parts such as brakes etc, comment on things like "yea I just upgraded those 3 weeks ago with better pads, blah blah blah", it often will throw them off while they are doing their job, it definately works for me if I see them poking around in an area I dont like such as under the hood.

About the external WG, they are very apt to notice it. Even if the hood isnt popped open they can notice the dumptube very easily, as well as black carbon buildup on parts surrounding it from where it was dumping. They might be morons, but they are likely to know what an "exhaust cut out is". Or you could always tell them its your snorkel, like on a jeep .
Old 04-10-2003, 02:43 PM
Jerome LeBanner Fan

weavil has disabled reputation
Lightbulb

This MAY work .... go to a small shop and strike up a fishing conversation. They'll check lights and brakes and then pay them $10 over what you should pay them. Now any time you go back they'll prolly remember you and possibly won't check anything but lights and brakes.
Old 04-10-2003, 03:09 PM
God

Or you could always tell them its your snorkel, like on a jeep . [/B]
Haha..yeah thats my exhaust cooling ventilation valve...
Old 04-10-2003, 08:21 PM
Under the Hood

98WS6LS1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally, I have never had a state inspector even ask for me to open my hood and i've been through the inspection process with about 20 cars.
If it comes down to you not being able to find a "lenient" inspection station, take a drive 70 miles north to Lexington to a place called "Ballard and Parker". They only try your lights. The last time i had a car inspected, I was on bald tires, no cat, and so on. If you're going to NB this Friday, it will be worth your time to drive the extra ten miles and have it done there. It'll only take about five minutes. Ha

just my .02 cents

Quick Reply: need help asap