Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need a huge favor...

Old 09-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
myclone has disabled reputation
Default Re: Need a huge favor...

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
I can't get to Roanoke without a sticker... I need to get it aligned first, but need a sticker to do that! Unless you know beforehand I can get one. That way I will for sure 100% know that I will have one when I go out.
If you can wait until next week and work out where you want to get a sticker in roanoke I'll bring my trailer and tow it there/back for you. Cover my gas money and help me load/unload it and I'll call it even. All I ask is that is that whatever shop it needs to go to be less than an hour from roanoke (you wouldnt want to pay for fuel any further than that...it'd be cheaper to drive it and piss your dad off).
Old 09-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Yes, everything works. The guy wouldn't do it because of the exhaust/no cats. I'll drive it to get inspected if I can be for sure that I will get a ticket. I am going somewhere Friday that I hope gives me one...
Why not just get an exhaust put on it? That would be the smart thing to do. Good luck with it. If I were doing inspections than I would not pass it either without an exhaust... that shit can come back on the shop hard.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation

Dude, it has a full exhaust. It is just loud, and has no cats.

Last edited by rotorsownyou7; 09-20-2006 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Famous...

Originally Posted by myclone
If you can wait until next week and work out where you want to get a sticker in roanoke I'll bring my trailer and tow it there/back for you. Cover my gas money and help me load/unload it and I'll call it even. All I ask is that is that whatever shop it needs to go to be less than an hour from roanoke (you wouldnt want to pay for fuel any further than that...it'd be cheaper to drive it and piss your dad off).
Thanks man. I appreciate that. I hope I can just find a place close and drive it there... But no luck as of yet.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:22 AM
Registered Member

myclone has disabled reputation

Thanks man. I appreciate that. I hope I can just find a place close and drive it there... But no luck as of yet.
Since this part of va just has visiual inspection (for now ) why not throw a couple cats on it and call it a day? The new style cats arent that restrictive and once theyre welded in place no one can tell if theyre in tact or if the guts "just fell out one day" . Get my drift?
Old 09-21-2006, 03:19 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Since this part of va just has visiual inspection (for now ) why not throw a couple cats on it and call it a day? The new style cats arent that restrictive and once theyre welded in place no one can tell if theyre in tact or if the guts "just fell out one day" . Get my drift?
exactly.both my cars have "cats" on them that are just 10" resonators.looks just like the aftermarket cats.
chris
Old 09-21-2006, 04:26 AM
Famous...

I would have done it beforehand had I known. The exhaust was custom made and has already been welded together.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:35 AM
Po' Pimp

99GTVert is an unknown quantity at this point

Not 100% certain, But I didnt think driving without an inspection sticker was a moving violation? (I did snoop around on the DMV website a little) If not, then its just a $30 ticket, and therefore wouldnt affect your dads insurance. (And thats IF you get caught!)
Old 09-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

I would have done it beforehand had I known. The exhaust was custom made and has already been welded together.
Well, custom cut it and custom weld in a custom cat. If you are having difficulty this year with getting it inspected because of that then it is not going to make it any easier for you next year.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Famous...

Thanks guys for helping! I guess you guys might just seeing me rolling around in Roanoke tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Need a huge favor...