Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need a lift!

Old 04-25-2007, 12:24 PM
The Pro to call.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Need a lift!

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I personally find that to be irrelevant. It's an unnecessary risk that can be prevented IMHO by not using them to do heavy work.
i have had more lifts fail on me than jackstands.

not that i have used lifts every day of my life for the last 10 years though.....

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
I agree... you just have to know how to use them and not cut corners. Lifts can fail too.

What happened to "big dave"?

He was crushed at his house.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by fc735
He was crushed at his house.
I searched and figured that out... any details? Did a jack stand fail or was the vehicle not properly supported?
Old 04-25-2007, 12:47 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

jack stand. asphalt (or gravel, i aint exactly sure). i am sure you can figure it out.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

you can put pieces of wood before the ramps to get the car up that much higher to make it clear.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
Ohwell haha. Will u have a permanent 2 post or are you just renting/borrowing it?

If you'll own it, and have it for a while, I may need it later on when it comes time to pull my motor and get the bigger turbos in.
Permanent.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:10 PM
Registered Member

pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
Does anyone here have access to a good lift?

A couple buddies and I are going to install my straight downpipes in the next week or two and I really dont want to attempt the job without a lift.

I've heard of some people doing the swap on jackstands but I hear it takes several more hours, broken backs, 1000 curse words, and many more beers.

But all that aside, just wondering if any of you guys have and would be willing to let us use your lift for several hours while we try to tackle this tedious job.

Thanks - lemme know,
Micah

I've got access to one. PM me a weekend day that looks good to you.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by pearl350z
I've got access to one. PM me a weekend day that looks good to you.
Sweet dude,
I appreciate it. I'll let u know in advance when my buddies and I would like to try and tackle the job. We were looking today at where the downpipes attach to the turbo and it looks like there is no way in hell to get to them, so we'll probly have to tear out a bunch from up top just to be able to access the damn bolts.

Ohwell, anyways i'll get back with you, thanks.

Micah
Old 04-25-2007, 07:36 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

The ol' Imola turd looked good today parked off of Franklin
Old 04-26-2007, 01:56 AM
The Pro to call.

Originally Posted by cootees
I don't have access to a lift right now.. but I should have a 2 post towards the end of the year. It won't help you right now though.
i wouldnt let too many people know that. you will immediately have more "friends" than you thought, all of them wanting to do something on it.

then the fuckstains will fuck it up, leaving your lift tied up while you work on jackstands behind the damn thing, all the time thinking of ways to make that person shit through a screen door for a few days with various laxatives.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:05 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fc735
i wouldnt let too many people know that. you will immediately have more "friends" than you thought, all of them wanting to do something on it.

then the fuckstains will fuck it up, leaving your lift tied up while you work on jackstands behind the damn thing, all the time thinking of ways to make that person shit through a screen door for a few days with various laxatives.
True.. but it will be at the house so it's not like they can come over without permission and use it.

Quick Reply: Need a lift!