Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

The New Cars around Here...*Pics* 56kW

Old 08-25-2003, 12:32 PM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

Shrug, better handling sure, marginally larger wheels (albeit they aren't runflats), shorter gears, and even a stiffer chassis and lighter weight. It's all good stuff, and I can say had the z06 been available back in 99 I probably would have picked one up. But my point is its still a vette, just like a m3 is still a 3 series, and a SS is still a camaro. It's the same platform, and still very much the same car.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:35 PM
BOOST!

Goofynick6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you wanna race or not?
Old 08-25-2003, 12:36 PM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rguy
Good job just looking at the power aspect there guy. Lets see...shorter gears, much better handling provided by rolls bars and spring rates and excellent tires. Z06 is just a vette, lol. And type R's are just integras, and STi's are just WRX's, and EVO's are just lancers, and M3's are just 330i's. ill respect a Z06 owner far more than a regular vette owner.
I told you man, everyone has tunnel vision now-a-days, straight-line performance is all anyone cares above ever it seems, kinda sad.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:43 PM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ShishCoBob

What type of power we talking about here?
Never gotten a dyno I dont believe, but it should be somewhere in the low 400rwhp id imagine on 93 with it fully tuned. He's still on the stock twins, blitz fmic, max air type cold air box/intake, profec, tanabe CB, RM DP, AEM EMS, WB O2, and a few other parts but thats pretty much it.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:48 PM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

Originally posted by 16g-95gsx
I told you man, everyone has tunnel vision now-a-days, straight-line performance is all anyone cares above ever it seems, kinda sad.
That wasn't my point, read my previous post. If you want to talk handing the Z51 option (FE3 suspension) isn't that much far behind the Z06 FE4, and you can pick up better aftermarket parts from Hotchkis regardless.

Differences in FE3 and FE4:
30 mm front stabilizer bar
23.6 mm rear stabilizer bar
10 percent stiffer rear transverse leaf spring than on Z51
Old 08-25-2003, 12:49 PM
Bro'd Out

Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito

GOD I HATE THE FUCKING CAMARO........jesus....does he know he drives a fucking american car?........that think is more riced out that my car

as soon as i can get me a digital camera...u'll see my baby
Old 08-25-2003, 01:12 PM

stirpicult is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Cyberdemon

The black 240SX with the gold wheels and I'm guessing an SR20 swap from the FMIC.
he also has rps13/180sx tailights, some type of what appear to be nice red reclining racing buckets. id like to see what else he has. looks really clean. i still wish i had been able to get one.

lots and lots of "fixed up" trash driving around though.

and yes, the blue neon did have a kit on it. looked clean.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:39 PM
Registered Member

ShishCoBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by TibNRice
GOD I HATE THE FUCKING CAMARO........jesus....does he know he drives a fucking american car?........that think is more riced out that my car

as soon as i can get me a digital camera...u'll see my baby
Where's it at?
Old 08-25-2003, 01:40 PM
Smut Peddler

Cyberdemon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Tekwon-V
um... unless you were joking(you had the face up).... you are wrong on the silver 2.5RS. he rarely posts on here but anyway, he has the jdm ej20 in it. it's purdy fast. his girl lives in foxridge. he put the badge on to be funny. he is able to back it up. hehe.. he has the heart of the wrx.

is my prelude one of the "few really nice preludes"? hahaha, my gf lives in foxridge.
I was joking. Jim lives next door to me, we just got back from doing some overtly fast driving on some mountain roads. It's just funny because most people look at his car, see a stock looking RS with stock looking everything with a WRX badge. Usually thatd be what you'd expect from a ricer (esp since the only real exterior mods are the taillights and wheels)

I saw your car last year, haven't seen you around since though, but most of the preludes on campus are tastefully done. More then I can say for the Civics...heh
Old 08-25-2003, 02:06 PM

stirpicult is on a distinguished road

i just played with a red crx with a little front mount and altezzas. on the little twisty part of patrick henry he tried to lose me and got a little throttle-braking oversteer going on. he didnt want to play and when i waved to him, he just looked at me.
the more i go out the more rice i see. passed about 5 cars just going to kroger. saw 16g-95gsx getting ready to wash his car, too.

Quick Reply: The New Cars around Here...*Pics* 56kW