Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

No more SRT

Old 11-26-2008, 08:22 AM
S14
red box.. c'mon son?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S14 has disabled reputation
Default Re: No more SRT

Ah okay thats all I remember besides the skull on the front...yeah I see you made it out okay, but I know losing your car is an injury in itself.

Good luck on finding something to replace it
Old 11-26-2008, 12:48 PM
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

Sorry about the car man...But the important thing is that your still here to tell us about it...Not us reading it on the roanoke times as another fatality
Old 11-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're okay. This is your once-a-year-non-flaming-post.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered Member

Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road
Re: No more SRT

well I talked to the insurance comp. today and they said that they were only going to give me 7600 dollars on the car. But I still owe 9600 on it.
Im hoping gap covers the rest. Im finding it hard to belive insurance companys are doing their best to help you now. My car was in pretty mint condition. one hole in the drivers side seat. due to shitty design and my wide ass. now I am down to zero dollars and my rental runs out tuesday. what a shitty birthday... oh and thanks lama
Old 12-01-2008, 09:43 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Turblowedneon
well I talked to the insurance comp. today and they said that they were only going to give me 7600 dollars on the car. But I still owe 9600 on it.
Im hoping gap covers the rest. Im finding it hard to belive insurance companys are doing their best to help you now. My car was in pretty mint condition. one hole in the drivers side seat. due to shitty design and my wide ass. now I am down to zero dollars and my rental runs out tuesday. what a shitty birthday... oh and thanks lama
what year is the car again? usually gap only covers a vehicle for three years after the initial build date, or at least that was my experience when I was at Allstate. That may have changed, but I'm quite sure most companies are only 3-4 years max.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

The adjuster just plugs the VIN and options into a program and gets a valuation back. You know you can negotiate it right? It's not set in stone.

I always tell people to do the following:

1. Go to KBB, Edmonds, NADA and plug in the real info for your car and see what private party value is on the car. Average the 3 numbers.

2. Go to Autotrader and cars.com and plug in the appropriate info on your car for your local area. See what cars are selling for and take the averages from the 2 sites, it'll show you the average for your search.

Then take all 5 numbers and average it to get a general market value on your car. Then you're prepared when the adjuster comes back with figures. If he's lower than your research has shown simply hand over your 5 searches, explain your math, and kindly ask him to reconsider. They will... because at the end of the day it's not their job to "screw" you... they pay what they own and if they owe you more then they'll pay it. In some cases you have to do some digging on your own.

If you have gap insurance then yes it'll kick in and take care of you. Banks make you get it because with most new cars you're upside down the second you drive it off of the lot. Good luck.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation

Damn that sucks my car appeared to have less damage then yours and progressive totalled it for 18K. Of course this was back in 06.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:23 PM
92 si hatchy

jdmsihatch has a little shameless behaviour in the past

dam jesse now get a honda =) o and one of those b4 pics has my car in it lol