Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

NOPI

Old 07-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
srt4hokie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NOPI

Originally Posted by fc735
i hope you got your 60's confused....cause if you pull a 2.1 sec 1/8th, you should be about 3.14 @ 325mph...

Update made 9.099...
Old 07-10-2005, 07:04 PM
'bout time

VTFORDLADY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by srt4hokie
Hah, that's just one of his cars, he has a 2000 corvette convertible, 76 stingray convertible currently in the paint shop getting painted and all new trim and a 04 pt turbo...

He actually said he want's me to buy it from him when he gets tired of it...

do it...buy it that is...so we can drive it to Bernie's and irritate the shit outta him
Old 07-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

Oh yah just as a FYI I doubt NOPI will be back in Bristol next year. My brother said they had major problems last year with kids being dumb asses setting out all night throwing bottles and trash at cars in the street as they went by and what not. There was also a lot of late night racing going on that caused a lot to problems.

So because of last year the track almost told NOPI they could not come back. Plus this year they brought in extra police. For anyone that has ever been to Bristol you know there are 2 main roads that run through it that make a figure 8. A lot of people cruise along the section in TN in front of the Kmart. On my way through town Friday night I saw 23 cops with a hand full pulled over. My brother was at the cruise-in and said they were pulling anyone over for anything they could find like tint and exhaust. Then on Saturday night on my way from the track to my brother’s house I passed 25 cops with 19 of them in the process of pulling someone over.

In addition to the cops the turnout was not as good for the show this year. 2 years ago the show went off the pavement and covered all of the graveled area. Then last year it went about halfway into the gravel area, this year no one made it into the gravel…
Old 07-10-2005, 08:07 PM
Registered Member

moooopar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by srt4hokie
Well went to NOPI today. I'm burnt as shit, and my feet hurt like a mother. Had to walk over a 1/4 mile every time I wanted to go to the stand or the car show, and it was a trip I made several times.

I meet Teresa and her husband. She was running crazy consistent so I look for her to do well in eliminations tomorrow. They are really nice/cool people, it was good meeting them.

I have some pictures I will post tomorrow when I get home, but there's not much...

Now for the frustrating part. I still have yet to break 13's. Yes that's right, wit 280hp and 300lb of tq I still can't get this bitch bellow a 14.1... I have no idea what the hell is going on. I mean I suck at driving, but even that can't be the only problem as I cut a couple really good 60ft times.

My best of the day was a 14.104 @ 100.28 mph w/a 2.107 60'

My best 60' of the day was a 2.104 which was a 14.209 @ 99.93mph.

I consistently trapped around 100mph with a best of 101. This leads me to think that there is something wrong. With 280hp I would think I would be trapping a bit higher.

Well at least I did not break anything, and I beet my previous best times on the Bristol track, so I guess that's what's important...

Dude I went faster than that with stage 1. I had a 13.5x and Donald drove my car to a 13.4x the same day.
Will they let you run slicks in the class?
what rpm are you launching at?
I launched off the rev limiter several times on slicks and damn what a G rush!
The only thing I could smell was clutch but that didn't bother me since I didn't break.(well at least the first few times I didn't)
Old 07-11-2005, 06:58 AM
Registered Member

JDM03 has disabled reputation

Well thanks for the pics!! It was nice to finally meet you I love being able to put a face with the name. I went out in the first round but had a fun time doing it. I was up against a auto Supra and well all she had to do at the line was push the gas while I had to push gas, clutch and hold my e brake. I'll get her next time on a flat track. Next race for me is Memphis.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road

I was at the track both days but yet i dont remember you cutting a 14.1 although I could be wrong. But dude your launch and your shifting is that of a kid who just got his licence. I dont mean to hate but damn I cut a better time with just an intake on my car and the bf goods,I was really hoping to impress my freo you have that greddy stuff and like a good list of mods. I was very disapointed in all of the srts down there, especially the srt's under the bf tires tent. SLLLOWWWWWW.
You should not hear the bov when shifting at the track. it was only 14%humidity so it wasent that bad for turbo cars. but the only way to learn is to do it I was to broke to run mine. I still give you props for going out there and representing the neon lol.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:36 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

daaaaaaamn.. look at the hater! lol

I am a little confused though. You said you cut a better time with less mods, but then later said you were too broke to race your car? Racing at Natural Bridge or Shelor, and racing at Bristol are two different animals. Not to sound like an asshole, but in his defense: If you didn't run your car at Bristol, you probably have little to no room to talk about how bad his times were. You never know man.. You could have put your car out there on the track and ran a 15.1. Again, not trying to be a dick, just making an observation.

Last edited by VanillaThrilla; 07-16-2005 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:44 AM
'bout time

VTFORDLADY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
daaaaaaamn.. look at the hater! lol

I am a little confused though. You said you cut a better time with less mods, but then later said you were too broke to race your car? Racing at Natural Bridge or Shelor, and racing at Bristol are two different animals. Not to sound like an asshole, but in his defense: If you didn't run your car at Bristol, you probably have little to no room to talk about how bad his times were. You never know man.. You could have put your car out there on the track and ran a 15.1. Again, not trying to be a dick, just making an observation.
wow, I'm agreeing with you

shhh, don't let anyone know
Old 07-16-2005, 10:57 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by VTFORDLADY
wow, I'm agreeing with you

shhh, don't let anyone know

DON'T WORRY.. I WON'T TELL ANYONE YOU AGREED WITH ME!
Old 07-16-2005, 09:37 PM
Registered Member

gonzoe00 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Turblowedneon
I was at the track both days but yet i dont remember you cutting a 14.1 although I could be wrong. But dude your launch and your shifting is that of a kid who just got his licence. I dont mean to hate but damn I cut a better time with just an intake on my car and the bf goods,I was really hoping to impress my freo you have that greddy stuff and like a good list of mods. I was very disapointed in all of the srts down there, especially the srt's under the bf tires tent. SLLLOWWWWWW.
You should not hear the bov when shifting at the track. it was only 14%humidity so it wasent that bad for turbo cars. but the only way to learn is to do it I was to broke to run mine. I still give you props for going out there and representing the neon lol.
Be easy b. Both drive neons dont need such neon on neon crime . Both have it bad dealing with its just a neon thing.

Quick Reply: NOPI