Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

NOPI

Old 07-17-2005, 12:29 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
srt4hokie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NOPI

Last edited by srt4hokie; 07-17-2005 at 12:38 AM.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:38 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Turblowedneon
I was at the track both days but yet i dont remember you cutting a 14.1 although I could be wrong. But dude your launch and your shifting is that of a kid who just got his licence. I dont mean to hate but damn I cut a better time with just an intake on my car and the bf goods,I was really hoping to impress my freo you have that greddy stuff and like a good list of mods. I was very disapointed in all of the srts down there, especially the srt's under the bf tires tent. SLLLOWWWWWW.
You should not hear the bov when shifting at the track. it was only 14%humidity so it wasent that bad for turbo cars. but the only way to learn is to do it I was to broke to run mine. I still give you props for going out there and representing the neon lol.
Hum guess some of the words used in the first post made it unpostable...

EDIT*
Who the hell are you? This coming from the genius that had a COIL PACK listed as a power modification on his car.

First my launches were horrible, I don't know how many of my post you have read, but I have never tried to cover up the fact that I'm a bad driver. This is from my first post in this thread in case you missed it
Originally Posted by srt4hokie
I mean I suck at driving
That being said my shifts after the launch were fine with exception of the two times I did not hit 4th right, but that has been an on going problem with my car...

Second, what the hell do you think a blow off valve is for if your not supposed to hear it in-between shifts (on a street car)? That’s why valve response time is such a big deal when it comes to real BOV’s. Most big time drag cars either use a automatic transmission or a antilag setup for WOT shifting so that's why you don't hear a blow off when they shift. Yes I have stage 2 and yes WOT shifts are possible with it, but it's a proven fact you run slower on a stage 2 car using WOT shifts.

Well lets see here what next, oh yes humidity... Humidity was not the problem being 1,475 feet above sea level was... Yes a turbo car can recover better but at that elevation it's still going to run out of breath fast...

In talking to a number of people there most of them stated that they were running around a second slower then normal as well and in my previous visits to the track I have talked to other SRT owners running stock 04's and 05's that said they had a hard time breaking into the 14's mostly running 14.8-15.2. For another comparison, the last Thursday night I was there, there was a C5 auto ruing 14.4's all night. Also the last couple times I was at Bristol I ran around 14.4’s without the emanage and E-01, just stage 2 running the show, so I still think there were other factors at play, that and the fact that being bad at driving won’t usually mess with your MPH and that was way lower then it should have been.

Once I figure out how to modulate the gas while launching (since I can't slip my clutch) I will be able to cut a lot better 60' times. Oh yah and if I weren’t forced to use the breaks be it foot or emergency to keep the car from rolling back it would make it a lot easer.

Oh yah none of the cars under the BFgoodwrench tent raced, they were display cars...

Originally Posted by Turblowedneon
I don’t mean to hate but damn I cut a better time with just an intake on my car.
Oh yah, what have you cut at Bristol? Or for that matter what have you cut at a 1/4 mile track?

Once again I’m not saying I’m not a horrible drive, I’ve never tried to cover that fact up, but what I am saying is until you run your car at that track in that heat STFU.

If you’re such a god at driving you should have “represented” the SRT’s…

Thank you that is all…

Last edited by srt4hokie; 07-17-2005 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:59 AM
'bout time

VTFORDLADY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
DON'T WORRY.. I WON'T TELL ANYONE YOU AGREED WITH ME!
hahahahaha

I richard, even if he does drive a neon - btw, come up monday for some left over cake if ya wanna
Old 07-17-2005, 07:21 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

oh snap.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:23 AM
.!.. Evo's ;)

KnowForever has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by srt4hokie
Hum guess some of the words used in the first post made it unpostable...

EDIT*
Who the hell are you? This coming from the genius that had a COIL PACK listed as a power modification on his car.

First my launches were horrible, I don't know how many of my post you have read, but I have never tried to cover up the fact that I'm a bad driver. This is from my first post in this thread in case you missed it That being said my shifts after the launch were fine with exception of the two times I did not hit 4th right, but that has been an on going problem with my car...

Second, what the hell do you think a blow off valve is for if your not supposed to hear it in-between shifts (on a street car)? That’s why valve response time is such a big deal when it comes to real BOV’s. Most big time drag cars either use a automatic transmission or a antilag setup for WOT shifting so that's why you don't hear a blow off when they shift. Yes I have stage 2 and yes WOT shifts are possible with it, but it's a proven fact you run slower on a stage 2 car using WOT shifts.

Well lets see here what next, oh yes humidity... Humidity was not the problem being 1,475 feet above sea level was... Yes a turbo car can recover better but at that elevation it's still going to run out of breath fast...

In talking to a number of people there most of them stated that they were running around a second slower then normal as well and in my previous visits to the track I have talked to other SRT owners running stock 04's and 05's that said they had a hard time breaking into the 14's mostly running 14.8-15.2. For another comparison, the last Thursday night I was there, there was a C5 auto ruing 14.4's all night. Also the last couple times I was at Bristol I ran around 14.4’s without the emanage and E-01, just stage 2 running the show, so I still think there were other factors at play, that and the fact that being bad at driving won’t usually mess with your MPH and that was way lower then it should have been.

Once I figure out how to modulate the gas while launching (since I can't slip my clutch) I will be able to cut a lot better 60' times. Oh yah and if I weren’t forced to use the breaks be it foot or emergency to keep the car from rolling back it would make it a lot easer.

Oh yah none of the cars under the BFgoodwrench tent raced, they were display cars...

Oh yah, what have you cut at Bristol? Or for that matter what have you cut at a 1/4 mile track?

Once again I’m not saying I’m not a horrible drive, I’ve never tried to cover that fact up, but what I am saying is until you run your car at that track in that heat STFU.

If you’re such a god at driving you should have “represented” the SRT’s…

Thank you that is…
Jesus christ don't bleed to death man! j/k

Yes, he did'nt run at bristol in that heat and probably would have cut a shitty ass time. If you knew jesse you would realize he's just picking at ya, he just can't type it to where it makes sense!

BUT i can vouch that the fat bastard did cut a 14.0xx at the dinwittie NOPI last year on the stock BFG's with just a K&N intake and i think maybe all the little MSD crap. Before that at the quick 8 at natural bridge he ran a 9.0xx. And all this is with all that extra weight slowing him down! damn!
Old 07-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by fc735
oh snap.

Yah no shit, that stupid ass post took me away from my new Harry Potter book...
Old 07-17-2005, 08:28 AM
Registered Member

Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road

i was just kidding around man jesus christ. I just listed what i had done to my car and last i check msd coil is a perfomance part. point of the matter is what i have proved today is that me "the person who dosent know jack shit" had yet and stll cut a better time on STREET TIRES than someone who spent all this money on a greddy emanage and slicks and whatever the hell else you have done to it. Before you upgrade a car you have to learn how to plant the power you have first . I wasent trying to be a prick. Oh yeah and just incase you forget this is what a shift pattern looks like

Old 07-17-2005, 08:33 AM
Banned

SRTwht is an unknown quantity at this point

LOOK SRTHOKIE WITH THE MODS YOU HAVE THOSE TIMES ARE WORSE THAN STOCK TIMES I RAN WITH MY SRT. NOW I HAVE A PRETTY GOOD LIST OF MODS AND NOW I'M RUNNING 12.9 AT THE TRACK AND 7.5 IN THE 8TH SO DON'T TELL PEOPLE THE STAGE 2 HAS TROUBLE WITH TIMING...SOMETHING IS JUST FLAT OUT WRONG WITH YOUR CAR.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:36 AM
Registered Member

gonzoe00 can only hope to improve

Lord NEONS gone WILD NELSON where you at you need to control this mess
Old 07-17-2005, 08:37 AM
.!.. Evo's ;)

KnowForever has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by gonzoe00
Lord NEONS gone WILD NELSON where you at you need to control this mess

hey if they all implode and destroy each other it's better off for us, right?

Quick Reply: NOPI