Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Options

Old 12-26-2004, 03:24 PM
The Pro to call.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Options

i really hope you are either latino or kidding.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:38 PM

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by fc735
i really hope you are either latino or kidding.
Kidding about the bubble machine, but serious about the mustang. It would just be a fun ride, nothin I'd own (unless the shift knob and mirror and candy coat were either gone or different)

I still think the bubbles are just too funny to get rid of. But then again I have my rear windshield washer sprayer pointed up to shoot people's cars that get on my ass and I consider that funny, and even more funny when they threaten to beat my ass if I dont stop. Sometimes my humor can be so stooped..

Whats even more funny is when this guy in a suburban on 22's puts his window down and threatens to beat my ass if I dont stop spraying his truck WHILE its already raining when he doesn't take the hint of me suddenly hitting my brakes when he's on my ass and I'm in the right lane (not left).

Last edited by elementalwindx; 12-26-2004 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-27-2004, 03:46 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

i aint feeling the paint/interior.etc on that mustang...

but the suburban driver....that sounds like someone i know. was it kinda a shorter guy, lazy eye, and had about three kids in teh back? goofy looking as fuck, and from Radford?
Old 12-27-2004, 10:04 AM
bring ding ding ding

Choodle has disabled reputation

if you want that thing to hook even a little...i dont reccomend dropping that much. and keep in mind you will want to go with less of a drop in the front, since the LS1 is about 100ish lbs more. unless they make a V8 drop spring for that year.....
That truck is bagged without the Cnotch, so he's not quite laying frame. His is a 4.3 with about the same setup that was on mine. He still ran 13.20's with the bags. But I've talked to Hellwig and they make the springs custom to fit whatever application you need. All I have to say is its LS-1 swapped and I want 2" of drop on top of a spindle and they can do it. I'm not sure what kind of a shock I'm going for yet, but I'll figure it out. I have a whole week to keep my mind off the truck and I plan on doing just that. I'm going to Nashville in a couple hours to record some more and see where all that BS goes. And then I come home to my little ride.

Oh, and the turbo isn't as far out of reach as I originally thought.
Old 12-27-2004, 03:07 PM

but the suburban driver....that sounds like someone i know. was it kinda a shorter guy, lazy eye, and had about three kids in teh back? goofy looking as fuck, and from Radford?

I guess I forgot to mention it was in Wilm, NC.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:57 PM
The Pro to call.

Originally Posted by Choodle
. I'm going to Nashville in a couple hours to record some more and see where all that BS goes. And then I come home to my little ride.

Kens gold club, Reginas house of dolls, and three little pigs barbeque are the three places you need to know in Nashville.

stop by pep boys on Gallatin ave and bitch smack the service manager....

(i used to work there when i was in school.....)
Old 01-02-2005, 12:32 AM
bring ding ding ding

I'm baaaaaaack. I think I figured out what I want to do with the exterior, gonna ditch the kit, get a stepside bed, steel rollpan(the poly pan I have now just doesn't line up well), and the ZQ8 painted front clip. Other than that, maybe a sunroof, bed cover, SS hood, Street scene grill inserts, and making the back glass roll down. I'm still wondering if I should do the T-Blazer headlights or not, but I've got plenty of time to think about that I guess.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:26 AM
bring ding ding ding

Swap is 90% complete. Took it driving a little last night if anyone saw me. Still needs a lot of tweeking. Rolling on stockies now, so if you see me yell at me and I'll let ya see the progress. ABSOLUTELY NO DAMN TRACTION AT ALL! Unless I clutch the hell out of it taking off, I can't bring above half throttle without it almost loosing control. Hellwig needs to hurry the hell up and send my parts! Only kicked it twice last night, for maybe about 3 or 4 seconds. Not gonna run it anymore for a month or two to make sure all the kinks are worked out. But it's definately a hell of a lot faster that the 4.3 even when it was sprayin. Picked up a DSM 14b yesterday too, just don't know if its gonna put out enough cfm to really make a difference in boost. Looking to run 5-7lbs. If anyone knows, let me know. Or let me no what problems I'm gonna run into with a turbo LS-1. Thanks. Oh yeah, and need an intercooler. Looking for a mid sized front mount. maybe 5"tall and 30" wide. Nothing major.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:03 AM
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

LS1’s already run high compression so that will limit boost. With a turbo that small my guess would be that it will spool up in right now speed, which just means more traction problems….
Old 01-04-2005, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Choodle
Swap is 90% complete. Took it driving a little last night if anyone saw me. Still needs a lot of tweeking. Rolling on stockies now, so if you see me yell at me and I'll let ya see the progress. ABSOLUTELY NO DAMN TRACTION AT ALL! Unless I clutch the hell out of it taking off, I can't bring above half throttle without it almost loosing control. Hellwig needs to hurry the hell up and send my parts! Only kicked it twice last night, for maybe about 3 or 4 seconds. Not gonna run it anymore for a month or two to make sure all the kinks are worked out. But it's definately a hell of a lot faster that the 4.3 even when it was sprayin. Picked up a DSM 14b yesterday too, just don't know if its gonna put out enough cfm to really make a difference in boost. Looking to run 5-7lbs. If anyone knows, let me know. Or let me no what problems I'm gonna run into with a turbo LS-1. Thanks. Oh yeah, and need an intercooler. Looking for a mid sized front mount. maybe 5"tall and 30" wide. Nothing major.
Just a lil 14b on that LS-1? I thought they'd be able to handle a bigger turbo than that. Even though yes you wont be able to run high boost like any of the dsm's but from the way you make it sound, lol why would you want to run 20+psi haha.

Quick Reply: Options