Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Pics of my new setup

Old 10-24-2006, 05:28 PM
ded
slo truk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pics of my new setup

Looks good. I'm gonna have Jeremy do some stuff for my truck in silver vein, love it. You ever run it at the track?
Old 10-25-2006, 03:50 AM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Not on the new setup no. The last time I went to the track was to shelor dragway, the first day they opened. The track surface was horrible, to the point where I was pulling a 2.3 as my best 60' of the night. I was trapping over 90mph but pulled a 8.9 as my best ET . That was on my old FP Green turbo. That turbo was sold a year ago and the previous owner ran a 11.73 on it, on only 26psi and pump gas in a full weight 2g. I wound up pushing that turbo to 29-30psi when I was on race fuel, and this current setup should be even more potent if that gives you any idea of where I should be. But as of official times, no I dont have them, and due to potential drivetrain issues I don't head to the track that often.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:51 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

So you are on the stock motor? How much power can the stock motor handle? How reliable is this setup?
Old 10-25-2006, 03:53 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

In my best inspector gadget voice.....WOWZERS!!
Old 10-25-2006, 07:04 AM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

There are many stock 500+whp 6-bolt's and 400+whp 7-bolts driving around. Reliability starts to be a problem after those level's depending on the condition of your motor, your tune, and how high you are revving.

Btw your setup is ridiculous, looks awesome!
Old 10-25-2006, 08:06 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

What about the tranny? I thought about DSM's but I don't know much about them. I have heard nothing but bad things when it comes to reliability and crank walk.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:17 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

Granted I only owned my DSM for a short period of time. But in the time I did own it. I came to see crankwalk as a myth. Yeah it happens sometimes. But rarely that I have seen. Mostly its some jackass having something go wrong with his car that they cant explain and automatically say its crankwalk.

I'm not saying it doesnt happen, im just saying if that is the reason you dont want one. Then its not a good reason.

The reliability on the other hand? throw that shit out the window. DSM's are getting old and people have beat the shit out of them for a long time. They are going to break.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

If you dont continually head to the track the tranny will hold up just fine. If you don't attempt to rev the piss out of the engine to produce your hp figures, you'll be fine. I produce my peak power at 6800rpms, still within factory redline, a feat that most can't really say. The issue with revving is that the ignorant ones out there try to shove anything and everything on their cars that they see the big guys running, without giving any thought to powerband. Then they wind the shit out of their factory engine and kill it.

Crankwalk is a joke. When a person can throw down 3000 dollars to buy a B18C that makes them a 1.8L FWD NA vehicle that runs close to a DSM stock, and it is considered completely accepted in the import world, then there should never be any talk about crankwalk, that happens to only a few, and a replacement engine with turbo, manifolds, fuel system, and sometimes the tranny, can be had for 1000 dollars.

About the age thing, absolutely. Many DSMs, especially 1g's, were bought during a time when people didn't consider imports a performance vehicle. This means they weren't treated with the care that they should have been, and at this point in time are beginning to show their age. Again, the ignorant people out there start buying up what they consider a "Deal" just because its cheap, never giving consideration to the fact that the previous owner would run the piss out of it, and change the fluids once in the cars lifetime if ever.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:14 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BMC
What about the tranny? I thought about DSM's but I don't know much about them. I have heard nothing but bad things when it comes to reliability and crank walk.

reliability issues are a myth. 99% of DSM problems are self-inflicted by idiot owners. The myth comes about from ignorant owners. with DSMs there is pretty much a set path like supras and such.. do X mods and you should run X time and make X power.. people slap some ebay junk together and do everything wrong, and if it doesn't make a million hp or run 10s they call it junk. and for some reason people think a DSM breaking a part making 500whp makes it less reliable than a honda breaking shit at 200. calling a DSM unreliable is a joke to anyone that knows what they are doing with them.

Originally Posted by BMC
So you are on the stock motor? How much power can the stock motor handle? How reliable is this setup?
It is a stock motor... should be perfectly reliable. I'd say i probably wouldn't feel safe past 500whp with a stock 7 bolt.. on a 6 bolt, i'd feel safe up to about 550-600. tune it right and you're fine.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Registered member

Thanks for that info. I will look more into dsm's. I have always loved 2g GSX's.

Quick Reply: Pics of my new setup