Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

This place is dead...

Old 07-19-2005, 05:10 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MVaughn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: This place is dead...

What does the type-R package add to the car. People throw this term around like I should already know what it is.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:27 AM
Registered Member

boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge

The Type-R package is a motor, tranny, suspension, and wheels package. It's basically a model (ie. Si, EX, LS, CX, etc.)
Old 07-19-2005, 06:27 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

I know the type R has a ton of upgrades.. different shocks/springs, no sound deadening in the back, strut bars from the factory, 5 lug(prolly bigger brake rotors), bigger sway bars, lightweight wheels, badass seats/interior, solid motor mounts, completely diff. engine(200 hp, 8,750rpm or so redline).. and prolly tons of other stuff I don't know about or can't remember

EDIT: I am gonna have some new pics/videos up tonight of my car so I can post it.

some pics of a few very nice ludes..

familiar looking wheels

nordic mist, love that color..

Last edited by GaRn; 07-19-2005 at 07:27 AM.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:32 AM
EtHuGn' N dA NoKe!!!

IntegraXSi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GaRn
I know the type R has a ton of upgrades.. different shocks/springs, no sound deadening in the back, strut bars from the factory, 5 lug(prolly bigger brake rotors), bigger sway bars, lightweight wheels, badass seats/interior, solid motor mounts, completely diff. engine(200 hp, 8,750rpm or so redline).. and prolly tons of other stuff I don't know about or can't remember

EDIT: I am gonna have some new pics/videos up tonight of my car so I can post it.
Hand Built B18C5, Port polish head from the Factory, Close gear tranny with LSD, Lighter crank (only 1lb), Yes Bigger Brakes , Front Lip , rear wing, No side moldings,
Old 07-19-2005, 08:01 AM
.!.. Evo's ;)

KnowForever has disabled reputation

Key performance features of the Integra Type R include:

195-horsepower 1.8-liter dual overhead cam 16-valve VTEC inline 4-cylinder engine that provides more horsepower per liter than any normally aspirated mass-produced engine in the U.S.;
Hand-polished intake and exhaust ports and single-port intake manifold;
An exhaust system with a larger diameter to allow larger volume flow;
Overall vehicle weight reduced by 93 Ibs. (42 kg);
Torque-sensitive helical limited slip differential;
Lower overall vehicle height (by 15 mm) and aerodynamic refinements that result in 30% less lift (CI) and 1% less drag (Cd);
Racetrack-calibrated suspension and high-performance tires;
Larger disk brakes with performance-oriented calipers;
Refined Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS);
Reinforced unit body structure.

A number of other features were added to heighten the sporty appeal of the Type R, including:

Chin spoiler, wing-type rear spoiler, and body-colored side sills;
Lightweight aluminum alloy wheels that match the Type R's exclusive color -- Championship White;
Sport-style seats;
Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter knob;
Exclusive Type R ignition key;
Special serial number plate affixed to the center console;
Carbon fiber-like instrumentation design with amber illumination;
"Type R" graphics.

In the true spirit of racing, a select number of comfort and convenience features on the Integra Type R have been eliminated in an effort to minimize the vehicle's overallweight. These include items such as a sunroof, vanity mirrors, cruise control, rear window wiper/washer. Air conditioning becomes optional equipment. Other items that haTie been eliminated for weight considerations include dashboard insulator, transmission mount , drive shaft and shifter dynamic damper, and meltsheet for the floor stamping.

This is all referring to the 97-98 model USDM Type R. For the 2000-2001 Production years (not produced in the US in 1999) we lost Championship White. Only colors available were Pheonix Yellow and Black (forget the name) so the wheels were gunmetal instead of white. Same recaro seats. Shift knob changed from leather to titanium. Lost the Type R specific Key because of the imbolizer. Here's a pic of the chassis rigidity specs.

Old 07-19-2005, 09:01 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by MVaughn
What does the type-R package add to the car. People throw this term around like I should already know what it is.

the sad thing is, ask some people that and they will give you all the different engine specs, production numbers, etc. yet they dont know the difference between a Z/28 and a Yenko

i guess its the same thing....only different.

GN>type R. see that, its a .
Old 07-19-2005, 09:41 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fc735
the sad thing is, ask some people that and they will give you all the different engine specs, production numbers, etc. yet they dont know the difference between a Z/28 and a Yenko

i guess its the same thing....only different.

GN>type R. see that, its a .
I have never seen a REAL yenko in person, thats the difference lol..

comparing a GN to a ITR is... can you even do that?
Old 07-19-2005, 09:41 AM

VTpreludeVT is an unknown quantity at this point

my 04 maxima 3.5 SE

pics have been posted before, oh well...here you go again...

Last edited by VTpreludeVT; 07-19-2005 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by GaRn
I have never seen a REAL yenko in person, thats the difference lol..
I have. 3 of them at the same time. And I've driven two of them.

A friend of mine that restores Camaros for a living has done a number of them. He also does Camaros for 5 different Nascar drivers. Yes, he did mine, and is working on my new one.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:18 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Cosmo
I have. 3 of them at the same time. And I've driven two of them.

A friend of mine that restores Camaros for a living has done a number of them. He also does Camaros for 5 different Nascar drivers. Yes, he did mine, and is working on my new one.
Nice

Quick Reply: This place is dead...