Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 06-02-2010, 08:06 AM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
Well if you're gonna go through that amount of trouble you might as well have the whole thing media blasted...
Who said I wasnt?

Neither I nor Kerri were talking about using paint stripper to clean the cars. Just that they need to be stripped down from all parts to do a color change.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
I know you can. But to do it the right way, you gotta strip the car.

Thats why the sol didnt get a color change because I wanted to pull EVERYTHING out and not leave one peice of metal un painted. Even if it would never been seen.
del sol doesnt need a color change.

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
Btw, DAP FTW!
this.

i considered painting the nissan DAP. not worth the money or time though. As of June 20th, she'll be sold and on her way to Ohio
Old 06-02-2010, 10:49 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
del sol doesnt need a color change.

this.

i considered painting the nissan DAP. not worth the money or time though. As of June 20th, she'll be sold and on her way to Ohio
You got another ride lined up?
Old 06-02-2010, 10:57 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

This is what I'm going for (picking up style 5s this weekend then need M3 bumper, mirrors, and angel eyes)

Old 06-02-2010, 11:13 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by 98BimmerCompact
You got another ride lined up?
no, not really. I had my eye on a mint stock s13 hatch, but it was such a great deal, i knew it would sell quick.

Honestly, im probably gunna get a $1000 Nissan Hardbody just to daily/haul my motorcycle for a little while. Ive got a few perspective vehicles in mind, but with the lack of a job, and trying to get living arrangements for school figured out, i dont plan on buying a project car for a little while. I can promise you I will be getting something RWD turbo though.

although I did find a c36 AMG Merc that i would give my left nut for, and it's very reasonably priced. If it's still for sale when i find a job, i plan on looking into a loan.

Last edited by The Nisbro; 06-02-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:36 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
no, not really. I had my eye on a mint stock s13 hatch, but it was such a great deal, i knew it would sell quick.

Honestly, im probably gunna get a $1000 Nissan Hardbody just to daily/haul my motorcycle for a little while. Ive got a few perspective vehicles in mind, but with the lack of a job, and trying to get living arrangements for school figured out, i dont plan on buying a project car for a little while. I can promise you I will be getting something RWD turbo though.

although I did find a c36 AMG Merc that i would give my left nut for, and it's very reasonably priced. If it's still for sale when i find a job, i plan on looking into a loan.
Because you say you're still in school I'm gonna assume you're under 25, meaning an AMG (or indeed pretty much any Merc) would kill you in insurance costs. Not to mention that finding a manual Merc is pretty much impossible lol Plus if I can I always prefer to buy outright cause what happens when you lose your job and still have loan payments? Credit score goes to shit, repo, and god knows what else. If you want turbo and RWD try the 300zx, my buddy picked one up in a junkyard for something like 600 bucks and just put some elbow grease into it and now the thing looks mint. They made a factory turbo version I think but I don't know if it'd be worth the initial cost. OR (just thought of this) Rocket Rally sells an AWD to RWD diff sleeve, so what you do is pick up a WRX wagon (for insurance reasons) buy the sleeve and there you go: turbo, RWD, and not an insurance killer. (god, sometimes i even amaze myself with my genius)

Last edited by Trunk Impaired; 06-02-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:38 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

Because you say you're still in school I'm gonna assume you're under 25, meaning an AMG (or indeed pretty much any Merc) would kill you in insurance costs. Not to mention that finding a manual Merc is pretty much impossible lol Plus if I can I always prefer to buy outright cause what happens when you lose your job and still have loan payments? Credit score goes to shit, repo, and god knows what else. If you want turbo and RWD try the 300zx, my buddy picked one up in a junkyard for something like 600 bucks and just put some elbow grease into it and now the thing looks mint. They made a factory turbo version I think but I don't know if it'd be worth the initial cost. OR (just thought of this) Rocket Rally sells an AWD to RWD diff sleeve, so what you do is pick up a WRX wagon (for insurance reasons) buy the sleeve and there you go: turbo, RWD, and not an insurance killer. (god, sometimes i even amaze myself with my genius)
lol, i appreciate the help...but ive done my research. the Merc qualified for Hagerty collectors insurance which is only 250/yr, but im not quite sure what the driving restrictions would be. As far as a loan goes, I'd prefer to get one simply to work on my credit score. Im not some Naive kid that will get an outrageous loan that i couldn't easily pay off. Ive paid for every car ive owned with my hard earned cash, It's time the bank buys me a car

Ive put plenty of wrench time in on a 300zx, and that in itself is why i don't really want one. One of my best friends has a built twin turbo Z (yes, Z32's did come factory TT) and it's cool and all...but not quite what i need right now. Plus, i dont know if you have ever worked on one...but they are one of the hardest cars to work on. There is NO room in the engine bay.

I would NEVER convert a WRX to RWD, EVER! unless i was building a drift car. For the money i would spend on a WRX wagon, and converting it to RWD, i could completely build a 240sx.

I want to stick with my Nismo roots, as it's what i know and love. but lately ive started to fall in love with something not so common around here, FC3S RX7. Wankles dont scare me one bit, nor does the idea of replacing apex seals. I'm still reading up on a few things, but so far ive found out everything i need to know to build it for what i want to do.

So im faced with the dilemma of building something that i know all about, and that im comfortable with...or i could take a chance, and try building something new.

Im very indecisive, so im sure my options will change next week. I just need to become rich, so i can build one of everything. I know too much useless info about cars ill probably never own.

overall, the smartest thing i could do would be buy a S13 and do what ive been planning for years.

Last edited by The Nisbro; 06-02-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Registered Member

csteven71 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what I'm going for (picking up style 5s this weekend then need M3 bumper, mirrors, and angel eyes)

bbs tasty
Old 06-02-2010, 06:55 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by csteven71
bbs tasty
I know right? I hate all this "BBS is played out" shit, there's a reason it's played out, cause it looks hot. I'm buying a set this weekend then unbolting the centers and then it's bolts and centers off to powdercoating and more for some gold powder. Lord knows when I'll make the money for the rest of the junk on that car (thick door trim, M3 bumper, M3 mirrors, and some angel eyes). Then it's time for interior work, wanna find legit black leather seats and try to do quilted leather, then tear down the headliner and visors and recover them in black suede
Old 06-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Sold my coupe..the newness.Naptime owned it awhile ago..i bought it from a friend for a good price(fat rob for those who know)

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!