Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 06-02-2010, 10:42 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by s14 tunr
Dear GOD why would someone do that to an m5? the motors in the cars are good enough as is.....As for the e36 lol do what ya want with that thing.
How do you know it was an M5? could've been a 540 or 525. Also mods for the 2jz will run a hell of a lot cheaper than for the M5 engine, that's actually part of why I want to do that instead of swapping my M44 for an S50 or S52.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:16 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by 98BimmerCompact
I know right? I hate all this "BBS is played out" shit, there's a reason it's played out, cause it looks hot. I'm buying a set this weekend then unbolting the centers and then it's bolts and centers off to powdercoating and more for some gold powder. Lord knows when I'll make the money for the rest of the junk on that car (thick door trim, M3 bumper, M3 mirrors, and some angel eyes). Then it's time for interior work, wanna find legit black leather seats and try to do quilted leather, then tear down the headliner and visors and recover them in black suede
Try http://www.ddmtuning.com/ for the M3 parts.A friend bought M3 bumpers and trim from them,and it was all nice quality,and very inexpensive.Also,try Eurosport in Franklin County.I think they just got an E36 M3 in,and I believe they have a couple more. DiamondstarGSX on here works there-maybe try contacting him.
And yes-BBS FTW!
Chris
Old 06-03-2010, 05:05 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Try http://www.ddmtuning.com/ for the M3 parts.A friend bought M3 bumpers and trim from them,and it was all nice quality,and very inexpensive.Also,try Eurosport in Franklin County.I think they just got an E36 M3 in,and I believe they have a couple more. DiamondstarGSX on here works there-maybe try contacting him.
And yes-BBS FTW!
Chris
lol an M3 is only good for it's engine as far as I'm concerned (and maybe the vaders) all the other parts can and have been duplicated. I've been to ddm before and that's where the angel eyes, bumper, and mirrors are coming from. Thanks for the heads up about Eurosport, I'll have to check that out. But yeah if anyone knows a shop that would (or better yet specializes in) stuffing a 1/2jz into an E36 don't be shy lol

Last edited by Trunk Impaired; 06-03-2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:41 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

But yeah if anyone knows a shop that would (or better yet specializes in) stuffing a 1/2jz into an E36 don't be shy lol
awww, come on. do the swap yourself. If they make a kit for it, im sure its not too hard. Plus, a shop would rape you on fees for swapping a 1/2jz in a BMW.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:30 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
awww, come on. do the swap yourself. If they make a kit for it, im sure its not too hard. Plus, a shop would rape you on fees for swapping a 1/2jz in a BMW.
lol having never swapped an engine into any car in my life (only 19) and having never done any electrical work or anything of that sort EVER (short of a head unit) I can safely say that that idea would only end in tears. Everyone else that I've seen that's done it has either done it before or had a shop do it. This swap (at least the 1jz) seems to be pretty poorly documented, I haven't seen anyone put up a parts list, build instructions, or even complete build threads. If I'm going into uncharted waters I want it to at least be worth it and get something unique out of it. A 1/2jz would be absolutely sick and I know that I'll have enough money by the end of the year to do it but I need downtime to be minimal and every detail laid out in black and white lol
Old 06-03-2010, 01:38 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

lol having never swapped an engine into any car in my life (only 19) and having never done any electrical work or anything of that sort EVER (short of a head unit) I can safely say that that idea would only end in tears. Everyone else that I've seen that's done it has either done it before or had a shop do it. This swap (at least the 1jz) seems to be pretty poorly documented, I haven't seen anyone put up a parts list, build instructions, or even complete build threads. If I'm going into uncharted waters I want it to at least be worth it and get something unique out of it. A 1/2jz would be absolutely sick and I know that I'll have enough money by the end of the year to do it but I need downtime to be minimal and every detail laid out in black and white lol
Well you dont do it then.... you and a bunch of friends (who have more experiance than you) do it. Trust me after the trip I went through I feel confidant you can do anything with the right tools and the right friends.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:56 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
Well you dont do it then.... you and a bunch of friends (who have more experiance than you) do it. Trust me after the trip I went through I feel confidant you can do anything with the right tools and the right friends.
haha my friends aren't exactly swap gurus, of my friends who are interested in cars they have collectively between them an eg civic with a sway bar, CAI, and some Megan Racing stickers (eww) and an automatic 350z which he basically just throws money at (although he probably knows a hell of a lot more than I do and his cousin owns a shop). I'd feel a lot more confident in pursuing this if I could find a comprehensive list of parts that I'd need and maybe some proper build threads (with pictures and shit) and half of the build threads for this swap the people get to the point of buying the engine trans and shit and then inexplicably disappear from the forum without saying whether the swap was completed. Either that or someone posts a build thread and it's really just "I'm at _________ stage and ___________ won't fit, HELP!" I need a complete guide from start to finish. btw what swap did you do?
Old 06-03-2010, 02:08 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

I didnt do a swap.... I replaced two rod bearings in a garage in flagstaff AZ on my friends car...

along with fixing her brakes in Tulsa (from an idiot who half assed the job... still not sure how someone can do what he did)

And all this after dropping my transmission to replace the clutch that broke two days before I was supposed to leave. Believe me the hardest thing about doing work is getting over your fear of doing it and just working with a smart head and dont panic.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:20 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
I didnt do a swap.... I replaced two rod bearings in a garage in flagstaff AZ on my friends car...

along with fixing her brakes in Tulsa (from an idiot who half assed the job... still not sure how someone can do what he did)

And all this after dropping my transmission to replace the clutch that broke two days before I was supposed to leave. Believe me the hardest thing about doing work is getting over your fear of doing it and just working with a smart head and dont panic.
well I think I found a guy in Maryland who does this swap as a hobby? (oddly specific hobby but w/e) on bimmerforums and I pm'd him to see about a parts list or better yet whether like next summer or something I could just come up and have him basically do it while I watch and assist.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

lol an M3 is only good for it's engine as far as I'm concerned (and maybe the vaders) all the other parts can and have been duplicated. I've been to ddm before and that's where the angel eyes, bumper, and mirrors are coming from. Thanks for the heads up about Eurosport, I'll have to check that out. But yeah if anyone knows a shop that would (or better yet specializes in) stuffing a 1/2jz into an E36 don't be shy lol
That's where you're wrong...Even the engine in the US M3s sucks.I'm extremely jealous of the Euro fuckers that got the cool engines.
And I second the notion of doing it yourself/with friend's help.Use the money you would have spent on paying somebody to do it to buy tools if you don't already have them.All the info and any support you may need are just an internetz away.
Chris

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!