Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 06-03-2010, 04:34 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by TNGChris
That's where you're wrong...Even the engine in the US M3s sucks.I'm extremely jealous of the Euro fuckers that got the cool engines.
And I second the notion of doing it yourself/with friend's help.Use the money you would have spent on paying somebody to do it to buy tools if you don't already have them.All the info and any support you may need are just an internetz away.
Chris
this.

man if you're serious about the swap, and get everything you need...I'll give you a hand. I'd like to be able to say I was apart of swapping a 1jz in a BMW.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:42 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

^^^ what he said. Im down for some wrench time on a dope swap. Have tools will travel. LOL
Old 06-03-2010, 04:54 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
^^^ what he said. Im down for some wrench time on a dope swap. Have tools will travel. LOL
Western section group build?
Old 06-03-2010, 05:01 PM
YANKYMATE!

lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft

Thanks Sarge! haha

Old 06-03-2010, 05:09 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Sure man! Love the stance and wheels go pretty damn good with the car.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:12 PM
YANKYMATE!

lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
Sure man! Love the stance and wheels go pretty damn good with the car.
haha thanks, I'm working on camber for the rear tires because the fenders are already as rolled as I would like them, but they're taking rubber of the sidewalls off the tires...

I'm a bug fan of your Del Sol also, one of the only ones that I actually like
Old 06-03-2010, 05:16 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

Originally Posted by lbs_ft
haha thanks, I'm working on camber for the rear tires because the fenders are already as rolled as I would like them, but they're taking rubber of the sidewalls off the tires...

I'm a bug fan of your Del Sol also, one of the only ones that I actually like
Thanks man It needs more low and more wide wheels and low offset.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:44 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
Western section group build?
that shit would be hot! I touched base with the guy from Maryland (who seems pretty cool btw) and told him about my idea and he said that he'd be glad to guide me along the way (or just do the swap himself for 4000 + parts, I promptly declined that offer lol). I'll see if I can get some more info out of him then start working on saving lol By my calculations I'll need about 2,500 for the 1jz and getting it here (based on price from jdmracingmotors.com) and probably another 2 grand or so for unforeseen expenses (shit like custom mounts) or if K-conversions is still around (for some reason when I tried to checkout to see what shipping damage would be considering it's a .co.uk the checkout said that they were no longer accepting orders?) about 4,200 + shipping for a complete kit that I know will work. I really hope that K-conversions is still around that'd make this a hell of a lot easier. lol also I just realized that once this is over I'll have paid about twice as much for the conversion as I did for the whole car, although hopefully the M44 would get me back a little bit of my money.

Last edited by Trunk Impaired; 06-03-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:55 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=571rUe8GVOw This is the video I'll be thinking of when I'm out there working all day for shit pay. I love how he says 400hp M3 for 17k is reasonable lol thank god 1jzs are cheaper now.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:55 AM
Registered Member

s14 tunr s14 tunr s14 tunr s14 tunr s14 tunr s14 tunr s14 tunr s14 tunr s14 tunr s14 tunr s14 tunr

Originally Posted by 98BimmerCompact
How do you know it was an M5? could've been a 540 or 525. Also mods for the 2jz will run a hell of a lot cheaper than for the M5 engine, that's actually part of why I want to do that instead of swapping my M44 for an S50 or S52.
True im assuming it was an M5 judging by the front end on that car, just saying lol yea its cheaper to mod the 2jz motor but s62 is so unique an they can make power. How do i know because i own an m5......

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!