Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 06-04-2010, 11:21 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by D1g1talV3n0m
Pussy.

If you're going to do it then do it right the first time.

LSX
I'm not trying to make a drag racer here, I just want something with decent power (and Forced Induction preferably) and not terribly expensive. Plus I don't really trust GM anymore, the 1/2jz seems pretty bulletproof to me.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:08 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

I'm all about an LSx in an E36,but the price of the kits has turned me off too.A decent mount setup that still requires plenty more parts costs 2-3 times what a complete FC/FD/LSx kit costs.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:21 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Well the way I'm looking financially and based on what I'm looking to accomplish (250-300rwhp) I'd say I'll just pick up an Explorer engine for like 500 and pair that with a T5 and use the swap kit from E36v8.com. (I have to use the Explorer one because it's the only 5.0 that's non modular and OBDII)
Old 06-05-2010, 06:13 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
no, not really. I had my eye on a mint stock s13 hatch, but it was such a great deal, i knew it would sell quick.

Honestly, im probably gunna get a $1000 Nissan Hardbody just to daily/haul my motorcycle for a little while. Ive got a few perspective vehicles in mind, but with the lack of a job, and trying to get living arrangements for school figured out, i dont plan on buying a project car for a little while. I can promise you I will be getting something RWD turbo though.

although I did find a c36 AMG Merc that i would give my left nut for, and it's very reasonably priced. If it's still for sale when i find a job, i plan on looking into a loan.
when did you get a motorcycle??? what are you riding?
Old 06-05-2010, 07:42 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
when did you get a motorcycle??? what are you riding?
was that a serious question Adam? you just recently commented on a picture of my bike & my dad's.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:31 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
was that a serious question Adam? you just recently commented on a picture of my bike & my dad's.
Yours is the dual sport? I thought that was your dads I guess... I dunno?

Anyway, I got a new toy today:

Old 06-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

My dook.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:08 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by JDMCB7
My dook.

It's got potential, what it needs is a JDM front clip conversion yo (I have a BMW but I'm a honda guy at heart) What all have you done to it?
Old 06-06-2010, 09:08 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

So after much deliberation I've decided that my car just wouldn't be the same without a BMW engine. So I'm now looking to 1) build my current 1.9L M44 2) swap in a 2.8L M52B28 and just convert it into a 328Ti. What are the thoughts on each of these options? The M52 will make about 190hp stock (about 90 over what my M44 is making) and should be good for 0-60 in sub 7 sec. range, then there's always F/I to think about. With the M44 being such a small engine there is really little room to improve, basically the typical bolt ons and a turbo would be as far as that goes.

M52 + extras from ebay - $1500
328i trans - $900 (may be able to reuse mine, jury's still out on that)
Custom exhaust - ??????
engine/trans mounts - $150
6 cyl. radiator + hoses + fan - $500
6 cyl. cluster - $75
6 cyl. DME - $75
Pump to rack power steering line - $20-$50
M3 front suspension - ?????????? (because of heavier engine, can wait)

Grand Total for swap (if trans is needed) - $3220 (not including custom exhaust)
ending hp: 190

Grand Total for Downing Atlanta Supercharger for M44 - $3800
ending hp: 200+

They seem very close, what should I do?

Last edited by Trunk Impaired; 06-07-2010 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Added option
Old 06-07-2010, 04:30 AM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

How strong is the 1.9 liter motor? as in Im betting you can build a turbo setup (assuming internals arent required) and have it tuned for less than both of those options and make more power.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!