Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 06-07-2010, 05:38 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
How strong is the 1.9 liter motor? as in Im betting you can build a turbo setup (assuming internals arent required) and have it tuned for less than both of those options and make more power.
Not too sure I trust the stock internals too much, I'll run it by the guys at 318ti.org, my worry at that point is reliability, even if the internals are strong (Which I'm not fully convinced they are) how much wear are we looking at adding to the 191k engine?
Old 06-07-2010, 05:45 AM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by 98BimmerCompact
Not too sure I trust the stock internals too much, I'll run it by the guys at 318ti.org, my worry at that point is reliability, even if the internals are strong (Which I'm not fully convinced they are) how much wear are we looking at adding to the 191k engine?
Probably similar as the supercharger. If youre worried about the high milage engine in the first place then I think you already know what you want to do. :P
Old 06-07-2010, 06:39 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Probably similar as the supercharger. If youre worried about the high milage engine in the first place then I think you already know what you want to do. :P
Well but that's only prolonging the issue lol nothing I'd be getting on my budget will be less than say 130k on it. The swap would be the least expensive and yield the least gain other than added life to the car. Not sure, what turbo would you think would be good for my setup? (low displacement, stock internals, and would run fairly low boost)
Old 06-07-2010, 07:14 AM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Well that depends on what power you would want to be making and where you want it to come in. I would size the turbo similar to the 1.8-2.0 honda motors.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:27 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

I want to make 250-300 all said, and I'd like not to have to ditch the 4 cyl. but it is what it is. I'd like more power in the middle, low and high power is fine but the middle is a bit lacking. If I did do the M52 swap it'd make the car last longer, I'd have 190 hp stock, and there's still room for a turbo on that unlike with the M44 where once we'd already have a turbo in it)
Old 06-07-2010, 07:34 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

It's got potential, what it needs is a JDM front clip conversion yo (I have a BMW but I'm a honda guy at heart) What all have you done to it?
dont you dare put a JDM front end on there. Everybody and their mother has a JDM front Integra....

Well that depends on what power you would want to be making and where you want it to come in. I would size the turbo similar to the 1.8-2.0 honda motors.
some of those honda guys run unnecessarily large turbos...

Last edited by The Nisbro; 06-07-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:01 AM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

Haha Corey, yeah I know. Im not one of those Honda guys. :P I like a wide power band too much.

I want to make 250-300 all said, and I'd like not to have to ditch the 4 cyl. but it is what it is. I'd like more power in the middle, low and high power is fine but the middle is a bit lacking. If I did do the M52 swap it'd make the car last longer, I'd have 190 hp stock, and there's still room for a turbo on that unlike with the M44 where once we'd already have a turbo in it)
Now this is going to be one hell of a pricy turbo but its exactly what you want as far as power production and will spool really quick.

The GT28RS. Do it right and you'll thank me later. :P That will get you around the 300whp mark depending on the boost you run.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:06 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

The GT28RS. Do it right and you'll thank me later. :P That will get you around the 300whp mark depending on the boost you run.
exactly what i was going to recommend. Disco Potato FTMFW!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:29 AM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

Has anyone seen this car recently?
Old 06-07-2010, 07:45 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Has anyone seen this car recently?
I wish I hadn't seen it just then lol

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!