Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 06-08-2010, 09:05 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
it's much more complicated than that. The supercharger only feeds the turbo until its spooled, then the S/C is bypassed, and disengaged using an electromagnetic clutch. If it's something you are interested in, i have plenty of info and diagrams you can look at.
I figured it'd be something like that (or else you'd run into issues in the midrange with turbo and supercharger going at the same time) I wouldn't mind learning more about it then archiving it for my later use once I have the money and ability.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by 98BimmerCompact
That would be amazing, the only other potential problem I've heard about with turboing Tis is that with the position of the turbo it may hit a motor mount slightly and would need to be ground down a little then reinforced. If i do take you up on the downpipe would you suggest I go with a completely new custom fabricated downpipe or try converting the stock one? (if I go with the stock one I'd buy a different one so I could keep driving mine).
I'm not familiar with the factory downpipe on the 4 cylinder engines,so I'd have to see it to say for sure.At your power goal,you don't need a huge downpipe,so the factory piece modded will probably be fine.
Chris
Old 06-08-2010, 04:47 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by TNGChris
I'm not familiar with the factory downpipe on the 4 cylinder engines,so I'd have to see it to say for sure.At your power goal,you don't need a huge downpipe,so the factory piece modded will probably be fine.
Chris
great, I hadn't thought of it until just now but the exhaust may need to be higher flow to stop from choking, this would also have to be fabbed as the only other Ti produced with a higher flow exhaust is the Euro only 323Ti, which is also an I6.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:33 AM
The world is yours

Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin

Old 06-09-2010, 05:52 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

^^^^^^ nice bike, might be getting a new toy this weekend and some shoes for my existing one if all goes planned
Old 06-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

csteven71 is an unknown quantity at this point

thats my dream bike, even the color combo I want..shame I'll never own one
Old 06-11-2010, 05:40 AM
The world is yours

Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin

thanks, and it has been my dream bike since i saw the stock photo in 2008...... i love the color combo!
Old 07-02-2010, 06:21 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

New wheels came and while I was asleep my parents went and picked them up from USPS and mounted them and woke me up and surprised me with them. A sweet gesture, but I was worried cause the car kinda looked like dookie and I didn't understand why. There was just this huge wheel arch gap in the front that i could like stick my whole fist in, at first i was thinking "ok i just need a drop is all" then I looked at the lips. 3" lip in the front, 1" lip in the rear my dad is from the musclecar days when people would mount meatier sidewalls in the back of streetcars, so I'm looking at my car with a 17"x 8.5" front wheels with 205/40/17 in the front and 16" x 8" rear wheels with 205/50/16 in the back. He has no excuse for mounting the wider tire in the front except maybe just not thinking, still I thought it was pretty funny.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:15 AM
Registered Member

csteven71 is an unknown quantity at this point

pics or it didn't happen! or just pics of the new wheels
Old 07-02-2010, 09:14 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Just got em on today... Had to raise it up a good bit... Give me a minute to work w/ the camber, fenders and quarters... I'll be gettin non-balloon tires soon too...

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!