Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 07-24-2010, 06:33 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
Just though of something, that'd make one hell of a LeMons car.
trust me, the thought has already crossed my mind!
Old 07-24-2010, 07:50 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
trust me, the thought has already crossed my mind!
After thinking about that I went on CL to try and find other suitable cars in the area. They did 3 races in the Carolinas this season. I found a
mercedes 240D 5 speed (good because the diesel engine should give it longer range) 2 eclipses some novas and a lot more lol amazing what's out there these days for $500. I think it'd be pretty sweet to get a LeMons team together, build the car, then take it down and race it for the weekend.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

After thinking about that I went on CL to try and find other suitable cars in the area. They did 3 races in the Carolinas this season. I found a
mercedes 240D 5 speed (good because the diesel engine should give it longer range) 2 eclipses some novas and a lot more lol amazing what's out there these days for $500. I think it'd be pretty sweet to get a LeMons team together, build the car, then take it down and race it for the weekend.
That generation Jetta won the Chump Car(same idea as Lemons,but 24 hours straight)race at VIR that we did back in April.Plenty of potential there.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:55 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by TNGChris
That generation Jetta won the Chump Car(same idea as Lemons,but 24 hours straight)race at VIR that we did back in April.Plenty of potential there.
You guys do LineX don't you? How much do you think it would cost to LineX the tub of my Jeep? The previous owner herculined it and I'm not pleased with the results at all. I'm thinking about doing the Upol Raptor liner but would rather have someone else do it if it's not ridiculous, and I'd love to do LineX. LMK homie.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
You guys do LineX don't you? How much do you think it would cost to LineX the tub of my Jeep? The previous owner herculined it and I'm not pleased with the results at all. I'm thinking about doing the Upol Raptor liner but would rather have someone else do it if it's not ridiculous, and I'd love to do LineX. LMK homie.
Don't mention that word!We use the Ameraguard line of materials.Line-X is the competitor,and they suck!
As far as price,it really varies.If there's already some material there,we won't spray over it,so either you've got to grind/sand it out,or pay us to do it.It also matters how much disasembly is involved-whether you bring it to us with seats,etc already out or if we have to take it apart and put it back together.
Honestly,unless you want to spend some pretty serious money,you're better off using some kind of DIY process.My very wide ranging,ballpark figure would be at least several hundred dollars,but probably less than $1,000.In such a confined area,it's harder to distinguish between the Ameraguard and a well done DIY material,so it'd be hard for me to justify the cost.
Just bring it by when you get a chance,and we'll get you an exact quote.

Last edited by TNGChris; 07-24-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:29 AM
Registered Member

2quic4u has disabled reputation

I think this thing would look pretty sweet slammed and maybe with some Gotti G1001's either that or Corvette Sawblades. Badass ride with lots of potential.
Thanks I would have got different wheels but for $150 I could not pass them up. One day I will buy different wheels. As for slammed it will be a little but not to much for now.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:08 AM
Vatican Assassin

MissmyE30 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
O hai. Sitting on the grid with the instructor who turned me loose after the first session... wheels turned mostly black by the end of the day.

Damn Chris!! Del Slo lookin good
Old 07-27-2010, 08:27 AM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by MissmyE30
Damn Chris!! Del Slo lookin good
Thanks Joe! How's Richmond treating ya?
Old 07-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Vatican Assassin

MissmyE30 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
Thanks Joe! How's Richmond treating ya?
Really well. It's a bit fast paced but I can deal. It's nice having everything right where you are but I miss the country. Work isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. 3+ lanes in each direction pretty much straightaways with wide shoulders. Plenty of help. 95 is a parking lot at times but it's really not bad. potholes were the worst and even they're getting a little better. Haven't done much to the e46. Just bought some decent tires and getting ready to do some preventative maintenance on the cooling system before it explodes while the wife is driving it. Trying to justify a nice SSK but might just get the shifter off a 545 first, it reduces the throw some. And it's cheap and OEM. Miss the ROA meets. Only thing I've been to recently is a cars and coffee in VB. And me and my brother in law brought his s2k with him and we went riding around a bit until he broke it.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:29 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

So anyone remember about how 2 months ago I was considering swapping a 2jz? Well the most ridiculous thing happened the other day: a co worker of mine pulls up in this shiny "new" 1992 SC300/Soarer whatevermathing and tells me that he wants to swap out the non turbo 2jz for a F.I. 1jz, so i figure when the time comes I offer him some money for it (saves him the hassle of listing it and shipping it), buy the mounts and prop shaft from k-conversions, then win: an E36 with a 2jz. Thoughts on my ridiculous stroke of luck? Anyone still up for helping me with a Western group build? (you can sign some part of the car like under the hood or on the valve cover or something)

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!