Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 08-02-2010, 03:02 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

As long as I have the time, I'll lend a hand

Would be an amazingly fun car once youre done.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:11 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
So anyone remember about how 2 months ago I was considering swapping a 2jz? Well the most ridiculous thing happened the other day: a co worker of mine pulls up in this shiny "new" 1992 SC300/Soarer whatevermathing and tells me that he wants to swap out the non turbo 2jz for a F.I. 1jz, so i figure when the time comes I offer him some money for it (saves him the hassle of listing it and shipping it), buy the mounts and prop shaft from k-conversions, then win: an E36 with a 2jz. Thoughts on my ridiculous stroke of luck? Anyone still up for helping me with a Western group build? (you can sign some part of the car like under the hood or on the valve cover or something)
too bad that N/A 2jz would be a downgrade from your stock motor. all a naturally aspirated 2jz is good for, is being an expensive paper weight. Sure, you could technically build the bottom end for boost...but once it's all said and done, it would have been cheaper to buy a 2jzgte swap. I say dont waste your time, and save your money.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:17 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
too bad that N/A 2jz would be a downgrade from your stock motor. all a naturally aspirated 2jz is good for, is being an expensive paper weight. Sure, you could technically build the bottom end for boost...but once it's all said and done, it would have been cheaper to buy a 2jzgte swap. I say dont waste your time, and save your money.
I'm going to have to disagree. If he can get a deal on it, I think it would totally be worth the money.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:27 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
I'm going to have to disagree. If he can get a deal on it, I think it would totally be worth the money.
Adam...do you know anything about Toyota Engines? With Header/intake/exhaust, the N/A 2jz only makes about 230hp. deal or not, you can squeeze that out of the BMW I6 with pretty much the same mods, i would assume.

for the time and money that it would take to swap a N/A 2JZ into a BMW, you could have built and boosted the BMW engine.

just my 2 cents, but what do i know?
Old 08-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Adam...do you know anything about Toyota Engines? With Header/intake/exhaust, the N/A 2jz only makes about 230hp. deal or not, you can squeeze that out of the BMW I6 with pretty much the same mods, i would assume.

for the time and money that it would take to swap a N/A 2JZ into a BMW, you could have built and boosted the BMW engine.

just my 2 cents, but what do i know?
Keep in mind though that he's currently working with the 4-cylinder engine,I believe.So,even the N/A 2JZ would be a pretty big boost in power
If you can get the engine for basically nothing,and buy all the associated swap parts to get it in and running,it'd be cool until you could save enough to upgrade to a turbo engine.The N/A 2JZs can be fun with a bolt on turbo kit at a few pounds of boost,but I'd save that money towards the turbo engine.
Chris
Old 08-02-2010, 04:35 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Keep in mind though that he's currently working with the 4-cylinder engine,I believe.So,even the N/A 2JZ would be a pretty big boost in power
If you can get the engine for basically nothing,and buy all the associated swap parts to get it in and running,it'd be cool until you could save enough to upgrade to a turbo engine.The N/A 2JZs can be fun with a bolt on turbo kit at a few pounds of boost,but I'd save that money towards the turbo engine.
Chris

ahh, see i figured he had an inline 6. forgot bmw made 4cyl's
Old 08-02-2010, 05:08 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

ahh, see i figured he had an inline 6. forgot bmw made 4cyl's
In yo' FACE mothafucka!
Old 08-02-2010, 06:47 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
In yo' FACE mothafucka!
yay verily, in thy face. 318ti's made after 1995 have 4cyl. 1.9L engines making 130hp, even a lowly N/A 2jz would give me 70 extra hp (and the power to weight ratio of an M3) however I may be trading up to a 325is in which case yes, an N/A 2jz would be pretty much worthless to me. If I do get a 325is I would just go forced induction on that rather than waste my time with a 2jz swap. But if I keep the Ti and the guy does do his swap it might be worth the time and in such a case I would greatly welcome the help of anyone that would give it.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Registered Member

D1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the rough

You're all gay. The End.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:23 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by D1g1talV3n0m
You're all gay. The End.
In mah butt plz.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!