Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 10-31-2010, 04:44 PM
Go Team Marlboro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
Depo=DDM dude. If you want quality you gotta go with ZKWs, Bosch, or maybe DJ Auto. My dad has the Depos, the corner clips broke almost immediately. I got lucky with my ZKWs, they normally go for like 500 before any of the extras.
While that may be, if you look on the bavtoys website they have a set of Depo headlights "custom made" just for them...
Old 10-31-2010, 05:45 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
The DDM's are junk from what I've been reading. Rather problematic and poor CS, though the price is tempting! When it comes time to order I'll be going with something from Bavtoys.com. Probably their own custom Depo set.
I've got DDMs and Scott had Depos on his other M3.We were both more impressed with the DDM/Apexcones.The Depos do have a lot of issues with the corner clips breaking,and I couldn't tell any difference in lighting performance between the two.....On the other hand,I've got Depo tail lights on my car,and they're great......I think pretty much any of the brands can be satisfactory.For the price,I couldn't pass up the DDMs.I've made several orders with them,and I've always had good luck,although I know plenty of other people have had issues.They now have a location in Greensboro,so I've been wanting to go check that out one day whenever I need something.Maybe Scott'll want to go one day and get junk for the new M3.

Depo=DDM dude. If you want quality you gotta go with ZKWs, Bosch, or maybe DJ Auto. My dad has the Depos, the corner clips broke almost immediately. I got lucky with my ZKWs, they normally go for like 500 before any of the extras.
Depo and DDM are two different brands that are unrelated,unless by that you mean level of quality,which you hear bad and good things with pretty much all the brands you listed.I wanted ZKWs,but compromised with the DDMs,and I've actually been completely satisfied.From what I've seen though,most BMW owners are douches,and most of the problems they have are self-inflicted,haha.I don't give much weight to what they say on all the forums as far as quality of the various brands,since most of the time if they give enough info on the situation they're having a problem with,you realize it's because they've done something stupid and/or they have no idea what they're talking about.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:37 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by TNGChris
I've got DDMs and Scott had Depos on his other M3.We were both more impressed with the DDM/Apexcones.The Depos do have a lot of issues with the corner clips breaking,and I couldn't tell any difference in lighting performance between the two.....On the other hand,I've got Depo tail lights on my car,and they're great......I think pretty much any of the brands can be satisfactory.For the price,I couldn't pass up the DDMs.I've made several orders with them,and I've always had good luck,although I know plenty of other people have had issues.They now have a location in Greensboro,so I've been wanting to go check that out one day whenever I need something.Maybe Scott'll want to go one day and get junk for the new M3.

Depo and DDM are two different brands that are unrelated,unless by that you mean level of quality,which you hear bad and good things with pretty much all the brands you listed.I wanted ZKWs,but compromised with the DDMs,and I've actually been completely satisfied.From what I've seen though,most BMW owners are douches,and most of the problems they have are self-inflicted,haha.I don't give much weight to what they say on all the forums as far as quality of the various brands,since most of the time if they give enough info on the situation they're having a problem with,you realize it's because they've done something stupid and/or they have no idea what they're talking about.
Good to know you've had good experiences, as I've eyeballed them many times. From what I could tell it was just problems with the angel eyes(which I don't intend on getting anyway) and their cheaper HID kits, and of course the clips. The biggest thing I saw as a downfall was everyone said their support was subpar, but you've had some good things to say, and I take personal experiences over internet mumbo anyday.

I'd be down for a ride to Greensboro to check em out, after I get my suspension on. I don't need to be anymore of a bobblehead than it makes me now lol.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:03 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

I actually believed that they were the same, both from my own ignorance and from level of quality, I think DDM stuff is kinda doo doo (like Rota for BMW) so if I can I try and shy away from them on the important stuff. (I've never had any bad experiences with DDM, I just think there's no way stuff that cheap can last) However I will be getting a front bumper and mirrors from them fairly shortly. (gonna paint them with Hellrot in a can, and then professionally if that doesn't work) In that case having had zero experience with DDMs I say go for them over the Depos, and you're right about the problems being self inflicted, but I also think the quality of plastic on the DEPOs is just bad. From what I saw when he was installing them he was pretty gentle (just, like an idiot, didn't use the online install guide). I knew when I saw the ad on bimmerforums for $275 ZKWs that I had to jump on it (even with the broken clip, which I've fixed by using the headlight aiming to pin the corner in it's place), so far the only problem has been with the Angel Eyes (which may even be due to my hackjob wiring, cause the brightness seems to come and go). I mostly use bimmerforums for good deals and they rarely come, most of the guys on there are just dumb or douchebags.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:30 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

The one thing I can't vouch for is the DDM angel eyes.It seems like people have issues out of practically all the aftermarket AEs,but again I don't know if it's due to bad quality or installer error.
Many of the things DDM sells are just cheaply made Chinese copies of more expensive cheaply made Chinese parts,so I'm okay with them,LOL.
Scott got a front bumper from them,and it was 99% as nice as OEM.I don't know if you've priced an OEM M bumper,but I'll take the DDM stuff there too!
Old 11-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Go Team Marlboro

I actually believed that they were the same, both from my own ignorance and from level of quality, I think DDM stuff is kinda doo doo (like Rota for BMW) so if I can I try and shy away from them on the important stuff. (I've never had any bad experiences with DDM, I just think there's no way stuff that cheap can last) However I will be getting a front bumper and mirrors from them fairly shortly. (gonna paint them with Hellrot in a can, and then professionally if that doesn't work) In that case having had zero experience with DDMs I say go for them over the Depos, and you're right about the problems being self inflicted, but I also think the quality of plastic on the DEPOs is just bad. From what I saw when he was installing them he was pretty gentle (just, like an idiot, didn't use the online install guide). I knew when I saw the ad on bimmerforums for $275 ZKWs that I had to jump on it (even with the broken clip, which I've fixed by using the headlight aiming to pin the corner in it's place), so far the only problem has been with the Angel Eyes (which may even be due to my hackjob wiring, cause the brightness seems to come and go). I mostly use bimmerforums for good deals and they rarely come, most of the guys on there are just dumb or douchebags.

The bavtoys Depo headlights are made with thicker plastic all the way around...
Old 11-01-2010, 11:09 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

The one thing I can't vouch for is the DDM angel eyes.It seems like people have issues out of practically all the aftermarket AEs,but again I don't know if it's due to bad quality or installer error.
Many of the things DDM sells are just cheaply made Chinese copies of more expensive cheaply made Chinese parts,so I'm okay with them,LOL.
Scott got a front bumper from them,and it was 99% as nice as OEM.I don't know if you've priced an OEM M bumper,but I'll take the DDM stuff there too!
Yeah, wish they made the rear M bumper for the Ti, I gotta shell out $350 picked up from MD ($500 shipped ) before paint for OEM. But yeah I can get the mirrors and front bumper for under 300 shipped I think my Angel Eyes might be crappy quality, either that or I messed up the wiring and the connections are loose.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Jettar front.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:24 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Hate mk3 Jolf/JTI's... MK4's make more sense when it comes to that swap, especially with Jetta OE HID's.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:54 PM
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

^^ uber dook... lol

Last edited by Southwade; 11-01-2010 at 07:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!