Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 11-04-2010, 11:01 AM
BATTLESTAGS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

The crunchpiece

Old 11-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by JDMCB7
More low.
Yea, I just need a tad bit more... My front lip may disagree though...
Old 11-05-2010, 09:05 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Cosmo

Just bought it last night...
ohhh you motherfucker!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Just bought it last night...
Whats your goal on this Jeep? Know anything about them? If not I'm sure me and Vanilla can help you out. Nice Jeep, matches my color
Old 11-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
ohhh you motherfucker!
Yeah. Couldn't pass it up. It's a 2006 and only has 10k miles on it.

Originally Posted by -JB-
Whats your goal on this Jeep? Know anything about them? If not I'm sure me and Vanilla can help you out. Nice Jeep, matches my color
Nothing for now. Going to be my daily driver. In a year or so I hope to buy another car for my DD, and then will start tinkering with it.

I love the color. Over half of the cars I've owned have been yellow.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:11 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Yeah. Couldn't pass it up. It's a 2006 and only has 10k miles on it.

Nothing for now. Going to be my daily driver. In a year or so I hope to buy another car for my DD, and then will start tinkering with it.

I love the color. Over half of the cars I've owned have been yellow.
I love the yellow too. I really would have preferred it over red, personally, even though it stands out just as much--sometimes in a not so good way.

If you don't mind my asking, what did you pick it up for? Love that it only had 10k miles on it. I'm asking because there was a guy on JF that picked up a TJ from the Virginia Beach area from a state trooper and if I recall correctly it barely had any miles and I think even with low mileage he paid way too much money for it since it was too old to really finance.

Lets trade axles! I'll give you a good deal on my 33's so I can step up to 35's.

Get on JeepForum if you're not already. It's been a life saver for me so far. If you need any help tinkering on anything or finding any sort of parts for it, I've got stacks of catalogs and ways for other people to spend their money buying things I want. lol
Old 11-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Fitty Tuckin

Just to give you food for your brain and what you have........Your Jeep came with a LP (low pinion) Dana 30 front axle and a Dana 35 rear axle. The Dana 35 is a weak axle and still to this day I don't understand why they used this axle as an option. It's a clip axle. Anything above 33s and it won't last. Wheeled with a guy last Saturday and he broke his Dana 35. He is on 6in long arm, 35's, lock rite locker. He was climbing up a rock and a little bouncing and she broke.

If you can find a Dana 44 out of a TJ sport or Rubicon. Make sure its a Dana 44. It has a metal fill drain. A Dana 35 has a rubber cap.

You can learn a lot on Jeep Forum but watch what you read. A lot of new Jeepers on that site. Pirate4x4 is going to be more of an extreme wheeler forum. Great tech articles.

Welcome to the Yellow Jeep Club

Old 11-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
I love the yellow too. I really would have preferred it over red, personally, even though it stands out just as much--sometimes in a not so good way.

If you don't mind my asking, what did you pick it up for? Love that it only had 10k miles on it. I'm asking because there was a guy on JF that picked up a TJ from the Virginia Beach area from a state trooper and if I recall correctly it barely had any miles and I think even with low mileage he paid way too much money for it since it was too old to really finance.

Lets trade axles! I'll give you a good deal on my 33's so I can step up to 35's.

Get on JeepForum if you're not already. It's been a life saver for me so far. If you need any help tinkering on anything or finding any sort of parts for it, I've got stacks of catalogs and ways for other people to spend their money buying things I want. lol
They wanted $17,400. We paid cash, and got it for $16,500 with a 5 year, 60k mile service plan thrown in. I registered on Jeep Forums, but haven't done much else but look around on there. Afraid to do too much because then the wheels in my brain will start turning, and I can just hear my wife now...

Originally Posted by -JB-
Just to give you food for your brain and what you have........Your Jeep came with a LP (low pinion) Dana 30 front axle and a Dana 35 rear axle. The Dana 35 is a weak axle and still to this day I don't understand why they used this axle as an option. It's a clip axle. Anything above 33s and it won't last. Wheeled with a guy last Saturday and he broke his Dana 35. He is on 6in long arm, 35's, lock rite locker. He was climbing up a rock and a little bouncing and she broke.

If you can find a Dana 44 out of a TJ sport or Rubicon. Make sure its a Dana 44. It has a metal fill drain. A Dana 35 has a rubber cap.

You can learn a lot on Jeep Forum but watch what you read. A lot of new Jeepers on that site. Pirate4x4 is going to be more of an extreme wheeler forum. Great tech articles.

Welcome to the Yellow Jeep Club

There is actually a yellow 79 CJ near my mom's house that is for sale. I'm really tempted to buy it and use that for my play toy. I don't know what's done to it but it has some sort of lift kit on it and what looks like 35's on it. Haven't looked that closely though. Price isn't bad. I was actually really close to making the guy an offer before we ran across this Jeep.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Fitty Tuckin

Yeah my 01 sits in the garage. I've had it 4yrs now. Bought it with a 2in lift and 33's. Now sitting on a total of 5.25 of lift and 35's. I try to keep it tamed so I can take the family out in it. I've left it mostly alone so it's always ready to go wheeling. I bought a 89 YJ as a project. It's sitting on stands in the garage stripped to nothing but a frame and body with 1 ton axles underneath of it.

The YJ will be my toy and the TJ will be stripped down, restored and beefier stuff put in when the YJ is done.

I found that when I take her out she wants to wheel my Jeep all the time. So instead I bought another Jeep so we can have two out. One for me and one for her.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:06 PM
wub wub wub wub

IMO the TJ is far more capable off road (at least out of the box) than a CJ, Chad...

My '99 has the D35 (the second one so far) with 3.07 gears which are absolutely killing me. I'm trying to budget an axle swap and I'm skipping the 44 altogether and going with an 8.8 most likely. I'd love to stretch it on ton's, but realistically I don't need that. I do want to keep drivability and still be able to drive it out of state without too much effort. I'm thinking 8.8, with probably 4.56 or 4.88 gears. I don't realistically see myself going bigger than 37's.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!