Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 11-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Yeah, but the CJ would be mine to do whatever I wanted with...
Old 11-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
IMO the TJ is far more capable off road (at least out of the box) than a CJ, Chad...

My '99 has the D35 (the second one so far) with 3.07 gears which are absolutely killing me. I'm trying to budget an axle swap and I'm skipping the 44 altogether and going with an 8.8 most likely. I'd love to stretch it on ton's, but realistically I don't need that. I do want to keep drivability and still be able to drive it out of state without too much effort. I'm thinking 8.8, with probably 4.56 or 4.88 gears. I don't realistically see myself going bigger than 37's.
The 8.8 is a great axle. A little stronger then a 44 and will hold 37's. Go with 4.88's if you ever plan for 37's. Chromo's and a locker on 37's and you are doing pretty good. I'd look for a HP 44 or HP dana 30 for the front and not a rubicon front axle either.
Originally Posted by Cosmo
Very true plus if it's cheap why not? CJ frames are a little weaker however this can be fixed with added metal. If you like the CJ look, find a YJ and put a CJ front end on it. YJ's have a wider frame and stronger.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Oh and you know you want your garage looking similar to mine with two Jeeps in it.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:44 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Yeah but you didn't finance the TJ, right? It's yours to do whatever you want with it.

Did you get a personal loan and pay cash from that or something?
Old 11-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Does your buddies lockright have a clunk between gearchanges? (the lunchbox moving back and forth on the spider shaft basically..)
Old 11-06-2010, 04:04 AM
Registered Member

Yeah but you didn't finance the TJ, right? It's yours to do whatever you want with it.

Did you get a personal loan and pay cash from that or something?
I'm married, so that means the Jeep is partly hers. Well, if you ask her, it's mostly hers. The CJ is a manual transmission, which she can't drive.

The cash came from life insurance that my dad left me.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:34 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I'm married, so that means the Jeep is partly hers. Well, if you ask her, it's mostly hers. The CJ is a manual transmission, which she can't drive.

The cash came from life insurance that my dad left me.
I don't know if I ever said anything or not, but I'm really sorry about your dad..

Did yours come with hard and soft tops by any chance? At that price, I would hope so, despite the low mileage.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Registered Member

I don't know if I ever said anything or not, but I'm really sorry about your dad..

Did yours come with hard and soft tops by any chance? At that price, I would hope so, despite the low mileage.

No. Just the soft top. They threw in the service plan though, which is usually $1995. I have a friend who has a hard top that I'm going to get from him. He had a 2001 and totaled it, but the soft top was on it, so the hard top is fine. I just have to get down to NC to pick it up sometime...
Old 11-06-2010, 11:29 AM
wub wub wub wub

No. Just the soft top. They threw in the service plan though, which is usually $1995. I have a friend who has a hard top that I'm going to get from him. He had a 2001 and totaled it, but the soft top was on it, so the hard top is fine. I just have to get down to NC to pick it up sometime...
LMK if you want me to roll with you. I'm actually going to Boone, NC tomorrow for a concert at ASU.

Did he happen to buy it back from insurance, or take any parts off of it? I'm looking everywhere for a reasonably priced stock soft top bow/frame [no fabric necessary] for my Bestop. I gave a few drunk buddies a ride home one night during the summer and one of the dipshits stepped on the soft top frame getting out, causing it to kink--which in turn causes the left rear of the top to sag--which causes it to flap around. Really pissed about that!

So it's an auto, right? Did you get A/C? I wanna know more about it. Is it basically stock?
Old 11-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

LMK if you want me to roll with you. I'm actually going to Boone, NC tomorrow for a concert at ASU.

Did he happen to buy it back from insurance, or take any parts off of it? I'm looking everywhere for a reasonably priced stock soft top bow/frame [no fabric necessary] for my Bestop. I gave a few drunk buddies a ride home one night during the summer and one of the dipshits stepped on the soft top frame getting out, causing it to kink--which in turn causes the left rear of the top to sag--which causes it to flap around. Really pissed about that!

So it's an auto, right? Did you get A/C? I wanna know more about it. Is it basically stock?
So,you just need a frame for a Bestop?I just threw two away recently

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!