Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 11-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by JDMCB7
He also still has 17 inch (Yes,17's) slips that he put on the car in 2005 and refuses to change out for smaller wheels.It isn't super hammerd like everything else is now,and it was 400+ horsepower before it had anything else on it.

But yes,your 100% right.We are a year or two behind the west coast,and it shows.
A year or two? Roanoke is about 10 years behind everywhere else in the country...
Old 11-09-2010, 05:19 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Cosmo
A year or two? Roanoke is about 10 years behind everywhere else in the country...
Yup! No less than 5, for sure.

Love seeing all the new unpainted body kits when I'm driving around Roanoke. Body kits are new trends, right? Oh, this isn't 1995?
Old 11-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Yup! No less than 5, for sure.

Love seeing all the new unpainted body kits when I'm driving around Roanoke. Body kits are new trends, right? Oh, this isn't 1995?
So true..i see more primered body kitted cars with gaudy wings then i do decently clean ones.I even saw a newish chrysler mini van with a wing mounted on the roof off hershburger today.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

I agree with alot of what you all are saying, that also leads to people trying too hard and just making it worse.The only legitly built car around here (chris's,and others who i don't know don't take offense) is a friend of mine named eric from dublin.Everything on his car is legit spoon even down to the rear veiw mirror.
But,that's kind of my whole point.....And please,please don't take this the wrong way-Eric's a super cool guy and his car is really,really nice.But,all that stuff was being done almost fifteen years ago on the west coast.The whole "everything I can find that's JDM,even if it's extremely overpriced and useless" trend ended a long time ago,and the guys that started it are now on a whole other level.I know that it's just been catching on around here in the last couple years,but now it's no problem to either buy all knockoff stuff from Ebay,or if you have the money buy all the legit stuff from any number of suppliers.There are thousands of Civics all over the country with the exact same setup.
It was kind of neat ten+ years ago to see the west coast guys search and search for these rare parts and build really clean cars when everybody else was building ricemobiles.......In the late 90s I built my coupe with nice,clean paint,turbo B series engine,the ballingest wheels at the time,all the JDM OEM parts and Japanese aftermarket crap,and even then I was just copying what I was seeing the west coast guys doing years before.

Hell,nowadays I don't even know what you'd do to be unique.With the internetz,as soon as one person actually comes up with a new idea,it's everywhere and copied and knockedoff in no time.I honestly don't think there's anything left to do to an EG or Integra.All you can really do is push the performance envelope further,and obviously nobody around here is doing that either......I guess if you pioneered things on a newer or less popular platform that could be unique.

I guess what I'm getting back around to is do whatever you want,and fuck what everybody thinks.Trying to build a car to impress everybody else is kind of an exercise in futility.Just build something fun that you like.

Last edited by TNGChris; 11-09-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

So true..i see more primered body kitted cars with gaudy wings then i do decently clean ones.I even saw a newish chrysler mini van with a wing mounted on the roof off hershburger today.
Haha,I installed that wing.There's three minivans that I've done........Hey,I just get paid to do it
Old 11-09-2010, 06:03 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

I agree with alot of what you all are saying, that also leads to people trying too hard and just making it worse.The only legitly built car around here (chris's,and others who i don't know don't take offense) is a friend of mine named eric from dublin.Everything on his car is legit spoon even down to the rear veiw mirror.
Saying only is just plain dumb. There are plenty of "legit" cars around here. LOL

But I get what you are saying. Most people will miss the fact that its had so much work put into it due to the height of the car and the 17 in rims. :P

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Isn't Spoon what everyone either does, or tries to replicate since most of them can't afford the real deal? That's not unique, or original. In fact, take a trip to California.
Not quite sure what you're trying to say here. Spoon is one of the leading Honda performance part developers. Mugen being the other one and is actually affiliated with Honda rather than just being another performance name like HKS or Greddy or Rays Engineering.
These companies are vastly different from the knock off brands who simply copy parts already produced and can do so for much less due to the quality of materials and the fact that there is no R&D to develop such parts.

I can even respect something that was put together using replica parts (and by replica I mean because the original part is no longer produced or available) So long as they arent attempted to be passed off as the real thing. You have rotas? no big deal, you could have saved a month or two more and gotten a very nice used JDM wheels but you wanted new instead I suppose... and who can argue with the price? However when you take your rota and change it to appear to be the real thing is something I simply cannot stand. Dont fake the funk.

My car is a mix of the two. (replica and legit) and I'm happy with where the car is and that (kinda selfishly) nobody in the Roanoke valley (or the states for that matter) has a del Sol with my collection of parts. Originality only happens once and then its copied by others. But I refuse to put anything from eBay on it LOL

Originally Posted by TNGChris
I guess what I'm getting back around to is do whatever you want,and fuck what everybody thinks.Trying to build a car to impress everybody else is kind of an exercise in futility.Just build something fun that you like.
This!!^^^^^
Old 11-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Haha,I installed that wing.There's three minivans that I've done........Hey,I just get paid to do it
I guess you do what you've got to do,but that is just terrible.

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
Saying only is just plain dumb. There are plenty of "legit" cars around here. LOL

But I get what you are saying. Most people will miss the fact that its had so much work put into it due to the height of the car and the 17 in rims. :P

Sorry if i made that confusing.Its definitly not the only legitimately built care around here.You and martin are testament to that.You got what i was trying to say out of it though.His car would automatically get labeled are "rice" because it has bigger wheels and has tires cap and doesn't have alot of what is popular right now (roofracks,tow hooks,purple lca and beaks bar,shaved and tucked bay,ect.)

Last edited by DURHUR; 11-09-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Registered member

I guess you do what you've got to do,but that is just terrible.

Hearing the story behind it,it'll make a little more sense.We had a guy come in who had recently been confined to a wheelchair.He was really bummed because he was into cars(albeit cars of the "country boy" type,but cars nonetheless),and now he was stuck with this van to facilitate his wheelchair.He wanted a spoiler,some graphics,rimz,fartcan,etc..So we did a full-on deal like one of those shows on MTV.Then another guy in a wheelchair saw it,and wanted his van done up the same way...
The third one I did was just some random dude that wanted a spoiler on his van-no excuses there.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Banned

Hearing the story behind it,it'll make a little more sense.We had a guy come in who had recently been confined to a wheelchair.He was really bummed because he was into cars(albeit cars of the "country boy" type,but cars nonetheless),and now he was stuck with this van to facilitate his wheelchair.He wanted a spoiler,some graphics,rimz,fartcan,etc..So we did a full-on deal like one of those shows on MTV.Then another guy in a wheelchair saw it,and wanted his van done up the same way...
The third one I did was just some random dude that wanted a spoiler on his van-no excuses there.
He must have seen the others and got inspired haha.The one i saw had a middle aged woman driving it.Btw,i may need some more fender/quarter tweaking around the end of the month.Do you mind pming me some pricing?

Last edited by DURHUR; 11-09-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:27 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

If I was put in that posistion.... I would like a clone of the A-Team van please.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!