Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 11-17-2010, 02:57 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
Maybe you have a different defenition of played out than I do. And I didnt say BBS RS doesnt look good. I said it doesnt look good on that body style. Put them on something else and they will look fantastic.

And can you name for me more than 3 cars in the greater roanoke valley that have legit TEs on them? And then tell me how many are low offset concave TEs?

Yep, that would be NONE! (not even the low offset rotas either) You're funny. :P
Yes because Roanoke is absolutely teeming with diversity and car guys. Volks = played out, BBS = Classic.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:49 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
Yes because Roanoke is absolutely teeming with diversity and car guys. Volks = played out, BBS = Classic.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:17 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Maybe you have a different defenition of played out than I do. And I didnt say BBS RS doesnt look good. I said it doesnt look good on that body style. Put them on something else and they will look fantastic.

And can you name for me more than 3 cars in the greater roanoke valley that have legit TEs on them? And then tell me how many are low offset concave TEs?

Yep, that would be NONE! (not even the low offset rotas either) You're funny. :P
Greater Roanoke Valley? I didn't know we were talking about what we see in the mall parking lot... I meant generally speaking. I'm not calling the TE-37's played out. I just think it's ironic that you think a BBS wheel is played out but a Volk TE-37 style wheel is not. The reason you don't see either of them very often in the area is because they're both relatively expensive wheels and most people around here with money don't have taste, or vice versa--all the taste in the world with no money to back it up. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just how it works.

The TE-37 used to be what every ricer wanted. I don't see classic euro styled wheels very often on imports--at least not around here. Maybe on magazine covers and what not, but that's another conversation.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Fuck BBS's and Volks. Moons are where it's at....
Old 11-17-2010, 05:30 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Look at it this way, 5 or 10 years after they stop making them nobody's gonna be paying $1500-$2000 for used Volk TE-37s, BBS (older ones) have stood the test of time structurally and in terms of value and styling.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:41 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Uh... Unfortunately there are some low offset concave rota's (5 spoke) in roanoke...because I have that dookie on my car until tax time. There are another set on another s13 hatch near me too. Dude took his car to the same painter, did the black roof and the same exact wheels in the same exact finish and offset. SWVA = dook even gets copied!
Old 11-17-2010, 05:59 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Fuck BBS's and Volks. Moons are where it's at....
I'm saying... I have some black steel Pacer's on the Jeep that are probably not more than $59/wheel.

A little heavier than what I'd like, ideally, but they do the job. Don't see myself ever spending $1500+ on wheels again. Unfortunately tires are a different story.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Top Kitty

ymisoqt is a jewel in the roughymisoqt is a jewel in the roughymisoqt is a jewel in the roughymisoqt is a jewel in the roughymisoqt is a jewel in the rough

this. You really can't go wrong with a nice set of BBS.

Sorry Chris LOL
Old 11-18-2010, 03:04 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Look at it this way, 5 or 10 years after they stop making them nobody's gonna be paying $1500-$2000 for used Volk TE-37s, BBS (older ones) have stood the test of time structurally and in terms of value and styling.
I think there'll always be a crowd that will...I sold my CPRs for $1800(in rough shape.clean sets were/are over $2k) and I'm sure I could get more than I paid new for my EVOs too.The real quality,brand name wheels will always bring good money,whether it be BBS or Jap crap.I think TEs are the classic wheel that will come to most people's minds as far as modded Japanese cars.
It's hard to beat RSs,but on many Japanese cars they just don't look good IMO.The line between current styles for Japanese cars and 80's era Lowrider magazine type stuff are starting to blur with me to an extent.
Chris

Last edited by TNGChris; 11-18-2010 at 03:18 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:07 AM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

I rocked rota's for 6 years. They were lightweight and cheap to replace. I was to focused on making the car trap higher vs worrying about it's "stance" and going through 7 diff wheel setups. But then again I didn't make alot of money at the time so I had diff priorities and goals with the car.

However if I did invest in another set of wheels it'd be a quality name brand due to the fact that resale will be much easier and better.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!