Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 11-18-2010, 07:34 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by TNGChris
I think there'll always be a crowd that will...I sold my CPRs for $1800(in rough shape.clean sets were/are over $2k) and I'm sure I could get more than I paid new for my EVOs too.The real quality,brand name wheels will always bring good money,whether it be BBS or Jap crap.I think TEs are the classic wheel that will come to most people's minds as far as modded Japanese cars.
It's hard to beat RSs,but on many Japanese cars they just don't look good IMO.The line between current styles for Japanese cars and 80's era Lowrider magazine type stuff are starting to blur with me to an extent.
Chris
Gotta disagree with you there.

Spoiler

Old 11-18-2010, 08:47 AM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

It's hard to beat RSs,but on many Japanese cars they just don't look good IMO
Im glad Im not the only one who feels this way.

Originally Posted by TongWoo
Uh... Unfortunately there are some low offset concave rota's (5 spoke) in roanoke...because I have that dookie on my car until tax time. There are another set on another s13 hatch near me too. Dude took his car to the same painter, did the black roof and the same exact wheels in the same exact finish and offset. SWVA = dook even gets copied!
I was talking about the 6 spoke TE-37 style....
Old 11-18-2010, 08:52 AM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 11-18-2010, 09:50 AM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Originally Posted by .Sarge.

I was talking about the 6 spoke TE-37 style....

Yeah, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm rollin dookins, lol
Old 11-18-2010, 12:08 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

I want your wheels!
Old 11-18-2010, 12:49 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Nothin wrong with rockin fake wheels so long as you dont try and pass them off as legit.

For drift wheels you cant go wrong either. Cheap and they look great!
Old 11-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
Gotta disagree with you there.

Spoiler

Obviously,my statement is very generalized..There are going to be some Japanese cars that the RSs look good on...But,in my opinion,most of the cars you posted would look better with different wheels,the exceptions being the EF(which they do look era-correct on that car,sort of like they do on an E30).They're complete dook on that WRX,and the IS would look so much better with different wheels.I guess my biggest thing with RSs is that they're an old wheel,and in my mind they just look weird on newer vehicles.

Last edited by TNGChris; 11-18-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:59 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

Obviously,my statement is very generalized..There are going to be some Japanese cars that the RSs look good on...But,in my opinion,most of the cars you posted would look better with different wheels,the exceptions being the EF(which they do look era-correct on that car,sort of like they do on an E30).They're complete dook on that WRX,and the IS would look so much better with different wheels.I guess my biggest thing with RSs is that they're an old wheel,and in my mind they just look weird on newer vehicles.
This!!! ^^^^ (again)

Kinda like you said take the BBS RS on that IS and replace them with say.... LMs and you would have a much better looking stance IMO.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:34 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
Nothin wrong with rockin fake wheels so long as you dont try and pass them off as legit.

For drift wheels you cant go wrong either. Cheap and they look great!
Well, thank you! I want to get something nice, but I know that they'll get farked up, but I kinda want to get something nice and fark em up, lol. I also plan on destroying the current chassis and swapping over to a coupe! (overs with some dmax type 3 coupe, that is...)
Old 11-18-2010, 07:44 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Not an EF, it's a CB Accord, but like you said they're era correct. I'll also give you that the WRX and that IS look like shit, the others are kinda eh, but for me the S2k, 6666 S13, and FD civic are doin it.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!