Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 12-12-2010, 11:43 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
See, the problem is your pricing an entire kit. You could make most of the parts wayyyy cheaper. Only thing you really need to buy is the headers and steering shaft. And the LSx will be a better weight distribution in the e36 chassis than any of the m5x/s5x powerplants.

Trunky, find you a nice m52 swap and throw it in. 328 would be great, get the good zf trans, superb engine(s52 crank fits in there nicely---> 3.0l).
My problem then is weight distribution, I'm not sure what the sr20det, m50, or the M44 weigh but I'm assuming the sr20det and m44 weigh way less than the m50, I'd like to keep it as close to 51/49 as possible and I feel like shoving a straight 6 in there would would cause some understeer issues, I'd like to use it as a DD but also as an AutoX/track day car once the swap is complete. 200hp is the goal because that would give me the same power to weight ratio as an M3 from the same era, but I'd also like a platform to build on, the M44 could take FI but then it's at its peak pretty much without fully building it and I'd still be sub 200hp with a DASC. I want it to feel semi stock (I realize this is a stretch) just more powerful.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:51 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by TongWoo
Alright, I need help on my wheels. For now, I'm gonna keep these and just powdercoat em, maybe grab some spacers. What color?

So far I've thought of a neon blue, osha safety blue, hot pink, or even doing em all different colors, ie: hot pink, safety yellow, neon blue, purple...whatever. I just feel like powder coating them something crazy. Any suggestions?
personally, i think white would look dope. I know white is too subtle for you though :P

how about you just trade me your P45R's as they are now, ill give you the neon yellow fn01rc's, and everybody is happy
Old 12-12-2010, 11:57 AM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
personally, i think white would look dope. I know white is too subtle for you though :P

how about you just trade me your P45R's as they are now, ill give you the neon yellow fn01rc's, and everybody is happy
I would, but I need the extra width in the back! What do you think about purple? Hahaha serious. Or that royal blue??? I could have dude mix the safety yellow and the blue and just deal with the outcome, lol
Old 12-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Big thumbs down on the supercharger TRM stage 1 if you want that kind of power, they can flash obd2, and are expected to be able to ship with obd2 software I think around April-ish. Only downside is $$, but a simple headgasket studs and snail and your ready to take on any of the lsx powered BMtroubleU's
You're probably right on the SC.I wish I could drive one before I commit to it,but that's the limit of how much money I want to spend right now.Again,I could fab a turbo kit for about the same or less money than the SC kit,but I just can't devote that much time right now.
I considered keeping the GT35r,I/C,BOV and wastegate from the coupe to start a turbo build for the M3,but the same reason I was selling all that stuff in the first place is the same reason it'd probably never get done on the m3 either.
I think over about 300WHP will be fun for the street.Obviously I don;t plan to drag race it,and I have no intention of tracking it.

Originally Posted by TongWoo
Alright, I need help on my wheels. For now, I'm gonna keep these and just powdercoat em, maybe grab some spacers. What color?

So far I've thought of a neon blue, osha safety blue, hot pink, or even doing em all different colors, ie: hot pink, safety yellow, neon blue, purple...whatever. I just feel like powder coating them something crazy. Any suggestions?
I think the color they are now looks perfect with the car color.On the other hand,I'm not big on the wild wheel colors at all,so that influences my decision.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
My problem then is weight distribution, I'm not sure what the sr20det, m50, or the M44 weigh but I'm assuming the sr20det and m44 weigh way less than the m50, I'd like to keep it as close to 51/49 as possible and I feel like shoving a straight 6 in there would would cause some understeer issues, I'd like to use it as a DD but also as an AutoX/track day car once the swap is complete. 200hp is the goal because that would give me the same power to weight ratio as an M3 from the same era, but I'd also like a platform to build on, the M44 could take FI but then it's at its peak pretty much without fully building it and I'd still be sub 200hp with a DASC. I want it to feel semi stock (I realize this is a stretch) just more powerful.
The 4-cylinder Ti's weigh about 250lbs less than a 6-cylinder coupe.I'm not sure how much of that weight savings is the engine or the shorter rear-end.Either way,going to any of the BMW 6-cylinders won't affect handling to any drastic degree(probably not even noticable at all).If you hang a big,heavy engine way over the front axle,then yeah,but the stock placement of the BMW 6s places them as far back against the firewall as possible.I'd like to see an engine bay pic of a 318,to see the engine placement.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by TNGChris
The 4-cylinder Ti's weigh about 250lbs less than a 6-cylinder coupe.I'm not sure how much of that weight savings is the engine or the shorter rear-end.Either way,going to any of the BMW 6-cylinders won't affect handling to any drastic degree(probably not even noticable at all).If you hang a big,heavy engine way over the front axle,then yeah,but the stock placement of the BMW 6s places them as far back against the firewall as possible.I'd like to see an engine bay pic of a 318,to see the engine placement.

It sits way back against the firewall too, and they have a ginormous shroud for the fan generally.

And I understand on the sc vs turbo because of time/fund restraints.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:42 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

I think the color they are now looks perfect with the car color.On the other hand,I'm not big on the wild wheel colors at all,so that influences my decision.
Thanks man. I'm actually not big into bright colors at all, so I painted the car a bright color just because none of my friends would expect it. I'm gonna get another chassis (coupe) to prep and swap everything over to. I'll paint it 2010 porsche gt3 rs GREYBLACK. Until then (2011 hopefully), I'm gonna make this one retarded obnoxious.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:47 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

I think I have one, but then again that's just one more reason why I need to get on down to get my fenders rolled.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:08 AM
BATTLESTAGS

SNARRRRRR!!!!

Old 12-16-2010, 11:30 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Not bad, but paint the hood

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!