Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 01-04-2011, 05:58 PM
S a D u B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Here's the latest toy, 99 corvette coupe, stock except for the wheels. I was gonna buy a c6 in a few months, but couldn't pass this up, it was a steal.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:59 PM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

O, nisbro, loving the wheels. I want to put two of them on my bike
Old 01-04-2011, 06:58 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by JROW
O, nisbro, loving the wheels. I want to put two of them on my bike
haha you're more than welcome to try
Old 01-04-2011, 07:05 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

So my day ends with me utterly defeated by German engineering. Turns out I have to disconnect the sway bar in order to get the spring out (or shell out about $50 for a spring compressor I'll probably use 5 times over the course of my life, maybe less). But the good news is I have the Bilsteins in and everything appears to be okay with them. Tomorrow I'm gonna try and get that damn sway bar disconnected and then resume the project as scheduled

Assembled Bilstein Sport Shock

Edit: I looked at the old 13 year old Sachs strut that came off the car and the drivers side was so collapsed that I could push the piston all the way into the base with just my hand wonder how stiff the ride will be now that I have more than just the springs keeping the ass up. How could the previous owner not have changed the shocks even once in the 11 years he had it before me?
Old 01-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Are you talking about the rear springs? Just take a pry bar and compress them some and slide them out. I've done it on a few e30's and 36's.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:22 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Are you talking about the rear springs? Just take a pry bar and compress them some and slide them out. I've done it on a few e30's and 36's.
lol I'm a little worried about it flying out and busting my teeth out, I think the disconnected sways will lower the trailing arm enough to get the springs out. If that doesn't work then I'll reassemble my shit and just get a compressor I guess. I wouldn't really even know where to put the pry bar aside from the danger to me and the car.

Edit: and yeah it's the rear springs, fronts will hopefully come off tomorrow.

Edit Again: Well fuck! sounds like for the front I need tools I don't have, might just have to be happy that I DIY'd the shocks and let a shop do the springs and front coilovers.

Edit Again Again: Also I'm now thinking I might go in another direction with my lowering, so if anyone wants an E36 Rokkor coilover set (never installed) let me know. I'll let it go cheap at this point.

Last edited by Trunk Impaired; 01-04-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:51 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Advance has spring compressors in the loan-a-tool program. go borrow some from them.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:58 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
Advance has spring compressors in the loan-a-tool program. go borrow some from them.
Good idea, fuck I'm dumb sometimes.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:18 AM
GT-Four Guy

Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze

I Also have one that sits on the shelf in my garage.

I got mine for free so I don't care that it gets little-no use :P same one that advance loans but you dont have to put money down on it.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:46 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

Originally Posted by Letze
I Also have one that sits on the shelf in my garage.

I got mine for free so I don't care that it gets little-no use :P same one that advance loans but you dont have to put money down on it.
we rented a set once, and just never took them back. We have gotten plenty of use out of them. def. worth the $50 i believe we were charged when we kept them.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!