Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 01-05-2011, 04:17 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
we rented a set once, and just never took them back. We have gotten plenty of use out of them. def. worth the $50 i believe we were charged when we kept them.
Rented a set and then got them home to find out that they are too damn big! The threaded shaft literally won't fit into the space, too long. So tomorrow it's back to Advance to see if they have a smaller set. Believe it or not this is supposed to be the easy part lol
Old 01-06-2011, 03:18 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
Rented a set and then got them home to find out that they are too damn big! The threaded shaft literally won't fit into the space, too long. So tomorrow it's back to Advance to see if they have a smaller set. Believe it or not this is supposed to be the easy part lol
I'm having a hard time visualizing what you're trying to do here.How is the threaded shaft of the compressors too long?Is this on the front or rear springs?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:24 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by TNGChris
I'm having a hard time visualizing what you're trying to do here.How is the threaded shaft of the compressors too long?Is this on the front or rear springs?
It's the rears, the space that it has to fit in is between the trailing arm and the body of the car itself, imagine trying to fit a 1.5 foot pole in like a 1 foot space. I'll get pictures posted up of the issue in a minute.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:47 PM
GT-Four Guy

Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze

I need pictures, because your words draw a really shitty diagram.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Shitty cell phone picture,and 165/45/15 federals.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:45 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by Letze
I need pictures, because your words draw a really shitty diagram.
Many apologies. I took the advance loan a tool compressor back because I needed my 50 bucks back. This is the one that I got:

The main threaded shaft was too long to fit between the bottom spring seat and the top. If the shaft was about half size it'd fit. I'm about to just say fuck it and let a shop deal with this bullshit.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

It's the rears, the space that it has to fit in is between the trailing arm and the body of the car itself, imagine trying to fit a 1.5 foot pole in like a 1 foot space. I'll get pictures posted up of the issue in a minute.
Oh,I see.For the rear,you should be able to disconnect the shocks on both sides(just pull the bottom mounting bolt out),and the trailing arms will sag enough to get the spring out without any compressor.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:05 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Oh,I see.For the rear,you should be able to disconnect the shocks on both sides(just pull the bottom mounting bolt out),and the trailing arms will sag enough to get the spring out without any compressor.
Not on the Ti sir lol I took the shocks all the way off (I was replacing them with bilsteins anyway) and the trailing arm won't sag enough. I'm planning on disconnecting the sway bars tomorrow and hopefully that'll make them sag enough. Also I realize now that my stock ride height is absolute 4x4 status when the shocks are actually functioning, the car was literally just bouncing around on the spring. Now there's no less than 5 inches between the tire and fender.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by JDMCB7
Shitty cell phone picture,and 165/45/15 federals.

[IMG]http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/JDMchristian991teg/0106112000a.jpg[/IG]
Wow,that's low!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:19 AM
Registered member

Not on the Ti sir lol I took the shocks all the way off (I was replacing them with bilsteins anyway) and the trailing arm won't sag enough. I'm planning on disconnecting the sway bars tomorrow and hopefully that'll make them sag enough. Also I realize now that my stock ride height is absolute 4x4 status when the shocks are actually functioning, the car was literally just bouncing around on the spring. Now there's no less than 5 inches between the tire and fender.
I guess the Ti's rear suspension is essentially from an E30.I have no first-hand experience with them,so I can't say for sure it'll work.Disconnecting the swaybar to try to get a little mroe droop is definitely worth a try,and as Ben said a strategically placed prybar(preferably not placed between your teeth at any point)could help get the extra space you need.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!