Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 01-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Here is a little pic in the snow

Last edited by Johnny508; 01-07-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:37 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

I am very jealous, John! Love that Evo
Old 01-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Trunky, I'm serious. The spring is not under nearly as much stress as you think. Just take the sway loose, if you want, and stick the prybar at the top of the spring and pry it down just enough to get it over that lip and then just pull on it and pull it out. I just did this on my e36 a little over a month ago, it's pie. Stop bein a wussy!! (lol I kid I kid). If you want I'll come help you.

And style 5's look good, but you just can't get enough meat on them for my taste. I want AT LEAST 245's, would like 255's. I'll be callin you soon Chris for a nice roll

John, those houses in the background look eerily familiar, I think I almost know where you live.

I'm seriously contemplating sellin my e36 and pickin up an e30 for my project. I just can't decide which I want more yet.....
Old 01-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Trunky, I'm serious. The spring is not under nearly as much stress as you think. Just take the sway loose, if you want, and stick the prybar at the top of the spring and pry it down just enough to get it over that lip and then just pull on it and pull it out. I just did this on my e36 a little over a month ago, it's pie. Stop bein a wussy!! (lol I kid I kid). If you want I'll come help you.

And style 5's look good, but you just can't get enough meat on them for my taste. I want AT LEAST 245's, would like 255's. I'll be callin you soon Chris for a nice roll

John, those houses in the background look eerily familiar, I think I almost know where you live.

I'm seriously contemplating sellin my e36 and pickin up an e30 for my project. I just can't decide which I want more yet.....
Want to trade that e36?I've got a dope golf waiting on you.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Registered member

Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508

Originally Posted by JDMCB7
Want to trade that e36?I've got a dope golf waiting on you.
Ben is buying my EVO.........he just doesn't know it yet
Old 01-07-2011, 06:28 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo

Well the ti has a different rear suspension setup from a normal E36, everywhere that I've seen says drop the sways but I tried it today and it's a nut and bolt and the nut comes off but the bolt is blocked in by the spring lol So again it sounds like I'm headed to Autozone to see if they have a smaller compressor. A local shop quoted me at $200 for the whole job (about 4 hours labor) and I'm now debating about whether I want to go that route and just do the parts that I can myself to save on labor, I think I can probably get it down to just them having to take the old springs out and put the new ones in. Then a guy at my job suggested jacking up the trailing arm to compress the spring then putting a chain or something on to hold it compressed then lower the arm, sounds sketch to me. If all else fails and I'm broke and stuck then I'll bring the car and all my shit to wherever you are lol My goal is to have the car lowered and the wheels refinished by springtime.

PS: don't sell your E36, we need to all have an E36 meet lol Me, you, chris, and JDMC (and anyone I forgot)
Old 01-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

It shares suspension the likes of the e30 right? I've done the same procedure on those as well The chain trick works, we've done it at work on Mercedes to replace some bushings on them, however it is very sketchy seeming lol.

John, I'd love to have another Evo, but they're just a little out of my stable price range at the moment. My ultimate goal is a 2.3/3076 or I've heard about a newish snail in between the 30 and 35. That would be the shit!

And JDM, sorry bro, but no Vdubs for me.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:42 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Well after getting scammed on the first turbo I bought, I had much better luck the second try. I ended up going with an ISIS RS3871 turbo from Enjuku racing. Basically its a gt2871rs minus the ball bearing goodness. I was very impressed with how quickly enjuku shipped the turbo (ordered Wednesday night, got here at 12pm today). Can't wait to get it installed and see how it performs!

Old 01-07-2011, 08:28 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

I've had good experiance from Enjuku as well. Get that s13 running!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
Well after getting scammed on the first turbo I bought, I had much better luck the second try. I ended up going with an ISIS RS3871 turbo from Enjuku racing. Basically its a gt2871rs minus the ball bearing goodness. I was very impressed with how quickly enjuku shipped the turbo (ordered Wednesday night, got here at 12pm today). Can't wait to get it installed and see how it performs!

What is this going on?

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!