Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 01-09-2011, 03:59 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Update: Gave up on the springs for this weekend (need to drive it tomorrow to class) so I settled with the shocks. They feel amazing, mainly because I never realized that the whole time I've had the car the shocks have been collapsed and the chassis was just bouncing around on the springs. While in shakedown testing (driving on a back road haha) I noticed a knocking sound from the right rear (might be that there was no weight over it but I doubt it), everything appears to be tightened down and fastened, it's only over bumps not in corners so at some point I'm gonna tear everything down and troubleshoot, again my car breaks my heart by nothing going smoothly. Things seem safe enough to drive on but I may just let a shop handle it for a little piece of mind. Also sounds like I'm going to Radford next semester.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
Update: Gave up on the springs for this weekend (need to drive it tomorrow to class) so I settled with the shocks. They feel amazing, mainly because I never realized that the whole time I've had the car the shocks have been collapsed and the chassis was just bouncing around on the springs. While in shakedown testing (driving on a back road haha) I noticed a knocking sound from the right rear (might be that there was no weight over it but I doubt it), everything appears to be tightened down and fastened, it's only over bumps not in corners so at some point I'm gonna tear everything down and troubleshoot, again my car breaks my heart by nothing going smoothly. Things seem safe enough to drive on but I may just let a shop handle it for a little piece of mind. Also sounds like I'm going to Radford next semester.
Give me a shout next time you need help,no more heartbreak for a small fee.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:47 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by JDMCB7
Give me a shout next time you need help,no more heartbreak for a small fee.
Beer? I don't have money or else I'd have a better car lol Also I'm not in Roanoke anymore I'm about 60 miles out but next year I'd definitely take you up on that.

Edit: suspension knock became VERY severe today so I hobbled it home only to realize that the locking bolt on the right side shock was about 5 threads too loose, so essentially the chassis was bouncing up and down on the shock mount. Good thing I found it when I did.

Last edited by Trunk Impaired; 01-10-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Registered member

Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508

This is for Ben.........since he said my car needed a bath really bad

All cleaned up.....and ready for salt!!!!!!

Last edited by Johnny508; 01-14-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by Johnny508
This is for Ben.........since he said my car needed a bath really bad

All cleaned up.....and ready for salt!!!!!!

Sweet! Bout time you made her look pretty. I'll trade you a minty-ish white e36 m3 for it?

On a side note, if anybody is looking for an e36 m3, send em my way. I've decided to part with it and begin my e30 hunt. I've found one or two so far, but they were a little steep for my liking.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:31 PM
Registered member

Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508

Please tell me you plan on adding a little boost to the E30.....

Or ......just buy the Evo
Old 01-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Can't afford the Evo Damn house payments....

I have plans for the e30, no worries
Old 01-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Registered member

What platform does the E30 come with.........?????
Old 01-14-2011, 03:59 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

John, I love you, but you're not selling the Evo...
Old 01-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Go Team Marlboro

What platform does the E30 come with.........?????
Whatever I want it to ;-)

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!