Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 01-20-2011, 06:55 PM
BATTLESTAGS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
I don't mean to sound like a prick because it's certainly not your fault that everything is going all wrong for you, but why didn't you look it over before you put it on? You'd still be in the same situation, but at least you wouldn't have wasted the time and effort for nothing.
Adam...C'mon...like we've never been excited about something and overlooked a detail! Remember that time you and I hooked up and you thought you bought a dental damn, but it turned out to be a female condom?
Old 01-20-2011, 07:02 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by TongWoo
Adam...C'mon...like we've never been excited about something and overlooked a detail! Remember that time you and I hooked up and you thought you bought a dental damn, but it turned out to be a female condom?
lol..

I'm having a tough time deciding whether or not to run with it or to say WTF..
Old 01-20-2011, 08:57 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
lol..

I'm having a tough time deciding whether or not to run with it or to say WTF..
Ahahaha at least I got to use the term "dental damn" seriously!
Old 01-20-2011, 08:57 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Its all good. I bolted the turbo up tonight and started the car for the first time in a while. It runs like a top! Now i just have to figure out how im going to fix my oil feed. The threads in the block are stripped out. Not quite sure what im going to do yet. Soon ill be able to pull it out of the garage and test boost.

Last edited by The Nisbro; 01-20-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:04 PM
BATTLESTAGS

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
Its all good. I bolted the turbo up tonight and started the car for the first time in a while. It runs like a top! Now i just have to figure out how im going to fix my oil feed. The threads in the block are stripped out. Not quite sure what im going to do yet. Soon ill be able to pull it out of the garage and test boost.
MOTHERFUCKER!!!!! We are gonna fix it and have a blast!!! Fuckin, just like a stunt team I got spots and we're gonna have a good time with these... So you wanna vlsd or a welded. Let me know fast as I have a dude bothering me to buy this one. Yours for free
Old 01-21-2011, 04:28 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by TongWoo
MOTHERFUCKER!!!!! We are gonna fix it and have a blast!!! Fuckin, just like a stunt team I got spots and we're gonna have a good time with these... So you wanna vlsd or a welded. Let me know fast as I have a dude bothering me to buy this one. Yours for free
AHH the one thing i havent made my mind up on yet. Honestly I dont know..I want the welded for some doridori...but the VLSD would be nice for DD'ing..

decisions, decisions...
Old 01-21-2011, 05:31 AM
BATTLESTAGS

Holy shit, I was so drunk last night that I think I traveled back in time. It was like Hot Tub Time Machine but more poor and white trashier....
Old 01-21-2011, 11:43 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Car is back from the shop (turns out I didn't have a special tool that you need to hold the shock in place while you tighten the bolts, tried needle nose to no avail), I'm sending the coilovers back to Rokkor and I'm gonna probably go with Bilstein PSS financed through Vivid Racing, has anyone ever done this before and can give me advice as to whether or not it's a good idea? I usually like to pay outright but I'm on a shoestring budget right now, it sounds like as long as you pay it in full within like 6 months there's no interest on the loan. I would go for the PSS9 but they're like twice as much and the only difference that I can see is adjustable dampening which would be nice but I think i'd just end up it in the stiffest setting and never changing it.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Race B&on
Car is back from the shop (turns out I didn't have a special tool that you need to hold the shock in place while you tighten the bolts, tried needle nose to no avail), I'm sending the coilovers back to Rokkor and I'm gonna probably go with Bilstein PSS financed through Vivid Racing, has anyone ever done this before and can give me advice as to whether or not it's a good idea? I usually like to pay outright but I'm on a shoestring budget right now, it sounds like as long as you pay it in full within like 6 months there's no interest on the loan. I would go for the PSS9 but they're like twice as much and the only difference that I can see is adjustable dampening which would be nice but I think i'd just end up it in the stiffest setting and never changing it.
I thourougly enjoyed my rokkor.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:01 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by JDMCB7
I thourougly enjoyed my rokkor.
But they are (sorry, were) made for your car I bet, this kit I got was a universal E36 kit (doesn't fit the Ti as is), the spring rate would be wrong for the Ti and I'd want something stiffer anyway (giggity). I've heard good reviews for the Rokkors but I guess I just want to go in a different direction.

Edit: Also your golf appears to ready to change hands again. Just saw it in Classifieds.

Last edited by Trunk Impaired; 01-21-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!