Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 01-21-2011, 06:55 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
The Bilstein system is not that good of a setup, especially for the money. There are many other options out there. I've been enjoying my GC kit
Eh I'm a brand whore, that's part of the reason I won't put the Rokkors on. Also believe it or not the PSS system is the cheapest one on Vivid Racing for the Ti (I didn't believe it either but it's actually the cheapest kit for any E36). It's weird because the PSS is the cheapest of any E36 kit, then the Ti variant of the PSS9 is the most expensive E36 Bilstein kit. The PSS is like 1K.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by Race B&on
Eh I'm a brand whore, that's part of the reason I won't put the Rokkors on. Also believe it or not the PSS system is the cheapest one on Vivid Racing for the Ti (I didn't believe it either but it's actually the cheapest kit for any E36). It's weird because the PSS is the cheapest of any E36 kit, then the Ti variant of the PSS9 is the most expensive E36 Bilstein kit. The PSS is like 1K.
Camber plates? Upgraded rear strut tops? Damper adjustability?
Old 01-21-2011, 07:25 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Camber plates? Upgraded rear strut tops? Damper adjustability?
No, E36 M3 upgrade, and no that costs a thousand dollars more for the PSS9 that's 9 way adjustable lol I'm not even gonna mess with camber plates yet, they're as expensive as a set of shitty tires and by the time the first set of tires is gone I'll probably have a better job lol
Old 01-22-2011, 03:03 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

No, E36 M3 upgrade, and no that costs a thousand dollars more for the PSS9 that's 9 way adjustable lol I'm not even gonna mess with camber plates yet, they're as expensive as a set of shitty tires and by the time the first set of tires is gone I'll probably have a better job lol
Have you considered Konis?For around the same price,you should be able to do Konis and GCs.That's about as good as it gets,even including the blingy billet crap(there's a lot of racers who still use this setup over much higher priced stuff).
My TC Kline setup is based on Konis and I love it-it can go from stock-like smooth to way firmer than the H&R Race springs could ever use.
Chris

*edit-just re-read Benn's post.I'm assuming you're also talking about a Koni based GC setup?
Old 01-22-2011, 06:07 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Well it's mainly an issue of getting the stuff financed, If I could just spend the money any way I wanted then TCKline might be more viable (if they even make a Ti kit) but I have to spend it either through Vivid or anywhere that has a similar financing program.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Well it's mainly an issue of getting the stuff financed, If I could just spend the money any way I wanted then TCKline might be more viable (if they even make a Ti kit) but I have to spend it either through Vivid or anywhere that has a similar financing program.
Vivid carries the Konis,but I'm not sure on the GCs.If nothing else,maybe finance the shocks and buy the GCs outright-they're the inexpensive part.
Either way,it looks like that financing deal they have is through the Paypal Bill Me Later program,which you can use for any paypal payment once you're approved.So,as long as the place accepts Paypal,you can get the same financing deal anywhere.

Chris

*edit-I just looked and the GC kit is $400ish...You should still be able to get the Konis and GCs for around $1,000.

Last edited by TNGChris; 01-22-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:12 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Found the kit (GC+Koni) for about $1500 from the ground control site. Not sure if they do PayPal though.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:10 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

God damn...And I thought I payed a lot for my coilovers.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:20 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
God damn...And I thought I payed a lot for my coilovers.
Yeah, we never catch any breaks, parts for the Ti are almost always more expensive than for the regular E36s.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Registered member

Found the kit (GC+Koni) for about $1500 from the ground control site. Not sure if they do PayPal though.
Which Konis was that?When I was looking,I was seeing like $250 each for fronts and around $180 for rears,and about $400 for GCs.
Chris

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!