Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 02-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Atlas is dead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

oh? does he have yellow and black in stock??
Old 02-28-2011, 01:20 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by Voodoo
oh? does he have yellow and black in stock??
lol i dunno. ill have to get his business cards and start passing them out.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:35 PM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

I did mine back in 07, it probably was mine at advance. I had a few friends working there that kept wanting to show other people that worked there.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

As I mentioned in the off topic thread,BFGoodrich tires was filming a comercial today.I got in quite a bit of the footage.Whether or not they use any of it,I have no idea.

Anyway,things were going pretty good until............The engine let go on the front straight,right at the kink.My first thought was to try to ease the speed down,and get off the track to try to spill as little fluid on the surface as possible.That plan lasted about one second until I tried to get through the kink after the flagstand.I spun in my own oil,hit the armco head on at around 115MPH,then spun several times back out into the track.At some point fluids(there was a ton of oil,and it looks like the impact jarred the fuel rail lose,so I guess there may have been some gas too)caught fire,and I was straight Days Of Thunder Cole Trickle up in flames blowing up.Between the tire smoke,coolant steam and oil/fire smoke you couldn't see anything,and I knew there were at least three cars pretty close behind me,as I come to a stop dead in the middle of the track.I was scared to get out of the car for fear of getting hit,so i stayed put until I saw the rescue crew coming,then hopped out and they put out what was left of the fire(most of it died down after I came to a stop)....
So,anyway,fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!11

The damage doesn't look so bad in the pics,but the whole front clip is shifted about a couple inches.From looking at the armco,it looks like the tow hook penetrated it,so I guess that sort of jerked the front end around.Both airbags deployed,windshield shattered,radiator support bent down,radiator(that I put in yesterday!)busted,and fenders/bumper/hood torn up.

The hood was still useable(just cosmetic damage in the gelcoat for the most part),then halfway home the dry-rotted bungee cord I had holding down broke,and the hood flies back,completely breaking,and pushing in the front edge of the roof!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBJtiSyExsQ

Anyway,the in car footage is awesome.Can anybody help me figure out how the fuck to DL the footage from my camera(it's a Sony MiniDV)to my PC so I can Youtube it?Yes,I'm retarded.

Last edited by TNGChris; 03-01-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:19 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Damn. Glad you're okay. Sorry about your luck, man. Upload that footie if you can!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:29 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

no way man..sorry to hear it!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Registered Member

BallinthaEF BallinthaEF BallinthaEF

Sorry to hear that...glad your ok...
Old 02-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by BallinthaEF
Sorry to hear that...glad your ok...
Originally Posted by TongWoo
Damn. Glad you're okay. Sorry about your luck, man. Upload that footie if you can!!!
Originally Posted by The Nisbro
no way man..sorry to hear it!
Thanks guys.I'm really sore-there's a pretty big scratch on my helmet where it hit the pillar,even with the harnesses and seats.The impact was hard enough that it broke the glovebox loose,shattered the glass in the rearview mirror,and jarred loose some other stuff.
Looks like I need a firewire connection to capture the video.working on that now.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Registered Member

delslow17 is a jewel in the roughdelslow17 is a jewel in the roughdelslow17 is a jewel in the roughdelslow17 is a jewel in the roughdelslow17 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TNGChris
As I mentioned in the off topic thread,BFGoodrich tires was filming a comercial today.I got in quite a bit of the footage.Whether or not they use any of it,I have no idea.

Anyway,things were going pretty good until............The engine let go on the front straight,right at the kink.My first thought was to try to ease the speed down,and get off the track to try to spill as little fluid on the surface as possible.That plan lasted about one second until I tried to get through the kink after the flagstand.I spun in my own oil,hit the armco head on at around 115MPH,then spun several times back out into the track.At some point fluids(there was a ton of oil,and it looks like the impact jarred the fuel rail lose,so I guess there may have been some gas too)caught fire,and I was straight Days Of Thunder Cole Trickle up in flames blowing up.Between the tire smoke,coolant steam and oil/fire smoke you couldn't see anything,and I knew there were at least three cars pretty close behind me,as I come to a stop dead in the middle of the track.I was scared to get out of the car for fear of getting hit,so i stayed put until I saw the rescue crew coming,then hopped out and they put out what was left of the fire(most of it died down after I came to a stop)....
So,anyway,fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!11

The damage doesn't look so bad in the pics,but the whole front clip is shifted about a couple inches.From looking at the armco,it looks like the tow hook penetrated it,so I guess that sort of jerked the front end around.Both airbags deployed,windshield shattered,radiator support bent down,radiator(that I put in yesterday!)busted,and fenders/bumper/hood torn up.

The hood was still useable(just cosmetic damage in the gelcoat for the most part),then halfway home the dry-rotted bungee cord I had holding down broke,and the hood flies back,completely breaking,and pushing in the front edge of the roof!

Anyway,the in car footage is awesome.Can anybody help me figure out how the fuck to DL the footage from my camera(it's a Sony MiniDV)to my PC so I can Youtube it?Yes,I'm retarded.

Dam dude that sucks! It's good ur ok tho
Old 02-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Damnit Chris That's very sad to see man. Any idea what happened on the engine? Lemme know if you need any help with anything, I know your very capable of getting it done on your own but I might have a few strings in the bodyshop bitness.

Again, sad

One good thing is you walked unscathed from a 115 mph crash. Not many of the cars out there would have that kinda luck. Goes to show the value of good safety equipment!

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!