Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 02-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Damnit Chris That's very sad to see man. Any idea what happened on the engine? Lemme know if you need any help with anything, I know your very capable of getting it done on your own but I might have a few strings in the bodyshop bitness.

Again, sad

One good thing is you walked unscathed from a 115 mph crash. Not many of the cars out there would have that kinda luck. Goes to show the value of good safety equipment!
I'm going to try to figure out how badly the frame damage is this weekend,and decide if I can fix it myself,or if I need to get it on a frame machine......Or just dump it and buy a new shell(again).
I would like to get the whole thing sprayed once I get the new body panels on,so I'll definitely be in touch about the bodyshop thing.I don't want to spend much on the paint,and I don't want anything super nice.My main concern is that some bodyshop kid isn't going to fuck my car up and/or steal anything off it......So,in other words,my list of acceptable bodyshops is currently at 0.I've been wanting to learn to paint,so this may be the perfect opportunity.

I'm so,so glad I have the safety equipment I do.I keep thinking about the guys at the October BMW event that sustained massive head injuries in the exact same type of wreck(their tire marks are still there,and literally within feet of mine).
I've been considering a HANS,and now I'm pretty much dead set on it.

As far as what happened to the engine,I have no clue.It was running strong all day,and up until the point that I saw the smoke in the mirror,it was pulling good and sounded fine.I lifted when I saw the smoke,and watching the video I can see that it quit running when I hit the wall.There was never any unusual noises at all.Hard to tell anything looking in the engine bay-everything's covered in oil and fire retardent.I'll also assess this over the weekend.It'd be great for it to be something fixable,but I think it was probably catastrophic.

Last edited by TNGChris; 02-28-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:47 PM
The world is yours

Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin

Old 02-28-2011, 06:34 PM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you got out ok. Get the body fixed and paint is the easy part. Right after I read this earlier my friend Justin from Wilmington texted me that he was at VIR today. I told him about your wreck, he said he saw the smoke and you seemed calm for what just happened.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by black_krix_si
Glad you got out ok. Get the body fixed and paint is the easy part. Right after I read this earlier my friend Justin from Wilmington texted me that he was at VIR today. I told him about your wreck, he said he saw the smoke and you seemed calm for what just happened.
Does he have a CRX?I talked to a group of guys (one of the other guys had a WRX)for a while both before and after the wreck.If that was your friend in that group they were really nice-they offered to help however they could afterwards.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:57 PM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

yeah he has a 91 si, all stock.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Registered member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBJtiSyExsQ Added to original post also.

**for some reason,the imbed feature here cuts the FPS or something.If you go view it dorectly on Youtube,the quality is much better***

Last edited by TNGChris; 03-01-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:31 PM
H House inc.

IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE

Glad you are Okay man!! It pays to be so anal about safety when you are running so fast!! I think you had some help from above on that wreck. It could have been WAY worse at that speed. Anyway if you need any help/parts let me know. You helped me out,and brought me a car when mine got totaled,so I would gladly do the same if need be. Now skating don't seem as dangerous to me hahaha. I think I'll stick to that.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:37 PM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow things went bad fast, sorry that happened to ya.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by IM A JOKE
Glad you are Okay man!! It pays to be so anal about safety when you are running so fast!! I think you had some help from above on that wreck. It could have been WAY worse at that speed. Anyway if you need any help/parts let me know. You helped me out,and brought me a car when mine got totaled,so I would gladly do the same if need be. Now skating don't seem as dangerous to me hahaha. I think I'll stick to that.
Yeah,I was very lucky,relatively speaking.
I've still gotten hurt way worse skating,but I think the overall risk is probably lower,haha.
I appreciate the offer-I will possibly need some parts,so I'll let you know once I have a list.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Yeah,I was very lucky,relatively speaking.
I've still gotten hurt way worse skating,but I think the overall risk is probably lower,haha.
I appreciate the offer-I will possibly need some parts,so I'll let you know once I have a list.
I have a buddy with a complete 94 coupe that he would give me anything off of.Just let me know what you need.

Taken a few weeks ago before the new stuff.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!