Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 05-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Eeeeek! A ride in Woo's whip. Speaking off, anymore pictures from BST? Is the turbo going to clear your hood? lol
Old 05-10-2011, 08:08 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Originally Posted by pieisgude
Eeeeek! A ride in Woo's whip. Speaking off, anymore pictures from BST? Is the turbo going to clear your hood? lol
It will. I think it'll sit lower than the first one.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

UPDATE:

-Hooked up an oil pressure gauge to the car and rode around for a while.My last suspicion that there was some culprit other than the gasket O-ring was that if the oil pressure was for some reason too high.Riding around today,pressure would never go over at 80psi all the way to the rev limiter.Check that off the list.

-I had planned on painting the car before the next event,but that doesn't look to be happening.It's amazing how quickly things creep up on you.I talked to a friend of mine who runs a graphics shop about wrapping the car in red vinyl.I thought it would be cool since you could just recover the fenders and bumper when they got chipped up from track use.All he had in stock was matte black.While this looks cool on a newer,expensive car,on a 20 year old shitbox Civic it just looks like you've primered it and can't afford to paint it.He's checking on pricing for a new 3M vinyl that is very glossy and looks like paint.Assuming it's cheaper than painting the car and I can get it done in time,I'll go this route.
One other option I'm going to look into is roller painting the car.When I heard of this,it seems like something a ghetto ricer would do,but apparently it can look pretty good.I've got to research it more.
The biggest thing is that I just hate relying on somebody else for anything.The person that was going to paint my car can only do it on weekends,and I won't have a free weekend for a while.

-Today I installed the body panels for good(I will readjust for better fitment later,just running out of time for now).Installed the chin spoiler on the new bumper(I decided to leave the green Armco paint on there).Installed overflow tank(had to relocate it since the CAI covers the stock mounting point),CAI,and any other parts I'd removed for the frame shop.
For the most part,I'm ready to go except for getting the hood on and brake/tranny fluid flushes.I really wanted to drive the car back home today to start getting some miles on it,but wasn't able to finish everything.Hopefully next weekend i can get it done and get a few hundred miles on it before VIR.

-I cut out most of the rear fender lips to gain more tire clearance for later.The quarters are so rusty the rolling tool just busts up the metal,so this was my only real option.I left about an 1/8" lip which I then spot welded periodically since I cut out the original spot welds.Sprayed the exposed metal with primer and put seam sealer on the new joint between the body and quarter skin.

-I also picked up an upgrade for the car.A friend's sister had this Fluidyne Integra radiator sitting around brand new for a few years now.I gave her $100 for it!Score!Sorry,no pics of her.neg rep.

rear fender lips:

How the car will look for now(plus a hood,of course):

Engine bay mostly finished.Still need to install battery tie-down and heat protection on the overflow tank:
Old 05-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Registered member

Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508

Got a new camera..

Just testing it out.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Registered member

Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508

Last edited by Johnny508; 05-16-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:46 AM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by Johnny508
Got a new camera..

Just testing it out.
Those are the most awesome not quite street tire ever made.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:00 AM
Registered member

Yes they are....

If anyone knows anything about Camera's i need some help. I got a Cannon Rebel t3i and i know that it can take better pics.

I need a Camera session to figure out what i am doing.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Old 05-17-2011, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

delslow17 is a jewel in the roughdelslow17 is a jewel in the roughdelslow17 is a jewel in the roughdelslow17 is a jewel in the roughdelslow17 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JDMCB7

very niceee
Old 05-17-2011, 01:14 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Wow Christian..never knew you lived there. one of my best friends lives across the street where Casey's truck is parked.

Last edited by The Nisbro; 05-17-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!