Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 06-07-2011, 10:29 AM
BATTLESTAGS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by iNF I Ghost I
Hmm very true. Thanks for the info man.
I agree. Also when you build absolutely everything before ever starting it up then go to start it/tune it you could have a billion variable that could go wrong. Get a basic working setup first, so you know what works and what doesn't. Fix everything then build. Pulling the motor takes one hour.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:07 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

I can't decide between an SR20 or doing this http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...&highlight=s42
Old 06-07-2011, 11:42 AM
99fbpem1

2doorex has disabled reputation

i haven't ran it after it's been tuned yet. i took it to the track once so far on a basemap which was where the pic came from. on the wastegate (10psi) and having major problems trying to get it into second, trapped a 8.9 @ 90mph 1/8th mile. now after getting tuned at 19psi, i'm figuring a 6.9-7.0 1/8th and a high 10/ low 11 quarter mile
Originally Posted by meh2012
E/T?
Old 06-07-2011, 01:39 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by Race B&on
I can't decide between an SR20 or doing this http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...&highlight=s42
personally i think you should go with the SR20. Not because im a Nissan fan, but because ive never actually seen a SR swapped Bimmer. But the if you cant fabricate parts yourself, it will most likely be quite the costly endeavor.

Originally Posted by iNF I Ghost I
Hmm very true. Thanks for the info man.
No problem man. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. If i cant answer them, im sure Woo can!
Old 06-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Neither. S54 or ls1.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Neither. LS1 or ls1.
This.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:48 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

An LS1 or S54 would be badass but they're a bit too expensive and heavy. I'd be buying premade mounts and wiring harness through k-conversions then sourcing an SR20 elsewhere. Also my power goals aren't really enough to warrant an LS1 or S54, if I could hit 200-250 to the wheels that's already double the power and more than enough for me.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

...if I could hit 200-250 to the wheels....more than enough for me.
This.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:59 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

An LS1 or S54 would be badass but they're a bit too expensive and heavy. I'd be buying premade mounts and wiring harness through k-conversions then sourcing an SR20 elsewhere. Also my power goals aren't really enough to warrant an LS1 or S54, if I could hit 200-250 to the wheels that's already double the power and more than enough for me.
well an SR makes over 200 stock, and 250 is easy stock.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:01 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
well an SR makes over 200 stock, and 250 is easy stock.
To the wheels? I figured those were crank numbers.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!