Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 06-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
But torque > hp.
Dinga donga derpa derp.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:45 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
But torque > hp.
Yes the KA has slightly more torque...but its not worlds of difference. And a well built SR can make a crazy good torque curve as well. I have nothing against KA-T's, but for the money, ill go SR every day. Way cheaper to pull 300whp out of an SR than it is to pull the same from a KA-T...sure the KA-T might have ~15-20ft more ft lb's of torque, but its no where near as reliable, or bulletproof as an SR20 is.

It all depends on what you're building your car for...both have their pro's and con's. I just cant see myself spending the money to properly and safely turbo a KA, when that money could go to a CA/SR/RB/VQ/VH/etc...

I will say that i would absolutely love to build an N/A ITB'd KA24DE. Ive seen some pretty impressive numbers on fairly basic builds.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:04 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Went out to the Jefferson today... The weather was absolutely perfect for an exploratory ride with nowhere to be. I went all the way to Covington just putting around

Old 06-30-2011, 12:41 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
already done son.

srsly tho, please enlighten me as to why you say KA-T over SR? I am quite curious.
I'm just a big fan of workin w/ what you've already got...
Old 06-30-2011, 09:34 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by Cyanide_Jello
I'm just a big fan of workin w/ what you've already got...
I generally am, but im an even bigger fan of being cost efficient.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:39 AM
i anger trendy kids.

iNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond repute

Yea i already have a KA to work.with that's the main.reason im looking at KAT. But i haven't shut out the idea of SR power
Old 06-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

raceready_vtec has disabled reputation

i heart this thread.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Originally Posted by raceready_vtec
i heart this thread.
3 more and your ready.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:17 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

Originally Posted by iNF I Ghost I
Yea i already have a KA to work.with that's the main.reason im looking at KAT. But i haven't shut out the idea of SR power
What kind of condition is your KA in? Run a compression check on it some time. Boosting a KA that isnt 100% healthy to start with, will only break your heart and waste your money. but i say do a KA-T...there is already too many SR20's around :P

Make sure you do a lot of research before you make a decision. If you havent already looked through these threads, you should.

KA24DE+T FAQ

SR20DET FAQ

Last edited by The Nisbro; 06-30-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:15 PM
i anger trendy kids.

iNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond repute

Yea a healthy KA is a no brainer. I need omto check my compression and depending on that will determan sr or ka.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!