Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 08-08-2011, 02:02 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Blah. Needs heater hoses and a fuel line. All part of putting something this old back on the road.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:08 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Sick, man! I like.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Yeah,please leave it as-is cosemtically.It's so cool to see something that old in such good shape riding down the road.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:10 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Thats the plan Chris. Currently It doesnt even have a radio. I'm going to either put in an AM unit out of a 57 Bel Air or leave it nothing and figure a way to run a stealth system so I can haz tunes.

In other news I either get heckled by people who think its a pos. or waves. LOL its kinda funny.
(the heckling also comes from idiots that go downtown who know nothing about vintage things)
Old 08-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
Thats the plan Chris. Currently It doesnt even have a radio. I'm going to either put in an AM unit out of a 57 Bel Air or leave it nothing and figure a way to run a stealth system so I can haz tunes.

In other news I either get heckled by people who think its a pos. or waves. LOL its kinda funny.
(the heckling also comes from idiots that go downtown who know nothing about vintage things)
How the hell could anybody think it's a POS?!It practically looks brand new.Does it have manual brakes?If so,just run over the next person who says that and blame it on not being able to stop.

Audio help.I've got some experience with their stuff,and it's awesome as far as having modern features while looking stock:
http://www.casmfg.com/
You can also just throw the ghetto blaster in the seat too.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:02 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

Originally Posted by TNGChris
How the hell could anybody think it's a POS?!It practically looks brand new.Does it have manual brakes?If so,just run over the next person who says that and blame it on not being able to stop.

Audio help.I've got some experience with their stuff,and it's awesome as far as having modern features while looking stock:
http://www.casmfg.com/
You can also just throw the ghetto blaster in the seat too.
Yeah manual steering, manual brakes, single barrel carburetor, 250 cubic inch straight 6, 3 speed on the column, no tach. I actually LOVE driving it. I just wish the rear end were a bit taller and it had more torque so I could go over 60mph without revving the motor too high.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:40 AM
Bewst!!!

4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED

Originally Posted by 4CED-FED
okay, so I have a buyer for my wheels, and I am looking to get a new set. Could use some opinions if you fellers don't mind. I am torn between gun metal or matte black.

or

With either wheel, it will give a more aggressive stance than what I have now, which is already somewhat aggressive for these cars. So either way, I think it will look good, but I can't decide on color. Everything on my car trim-wise is black, so I am leaning towards the black, worried if the gun metal will clash. Butttt....idk. Opinions are welcomed.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:43 AM
Registered Member

eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo

Defiantly the 2nd choice !
Old 08-09-2011, 07:12 AM
Registered member

ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Forgot to tell you guys I have access to a commercial account at Advance Auto for those of you who might need expensive parts on a regular basis. It's through an affiliated Jeep club, but it doesn't have to be Jeep parts. We're using it nationwide and it allows for up to 25% off select parts. If you need a battery, alternator, starter, etc--this will save you some bucks. Let me know if you need the scoop
if you guys on here want to buy any significant amount of stuff, i'll just make an account for you. i run the commercial program at autozone in salem. it'll start on a tier 4 pricing setup, which is good...but i like the override button anyways, so price can be lowered. just let me know if anybody is interested and i'll get one set up.

good on most anything except the obvious oil and antifreeze and one or two other things.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Registered Member

pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z

Originally Posted by 4CED-FED
okay, so I have a buyer for my wheels, and I am looking to get a new set. Could use some opinions if you fellers don't mind. I am torn between gun metal or matte black.

With either wheel, it will give a more aggressive stance than what I have now, which is already somewhat aggressive for these cars. So either way, I think it will look good, but I can't decide on color. Everything on my car trim-wise is black, so I am leaning towards the black, worried if the gun metal will clash. Butttt....idk. Opinions are welcomed.
I've never been a fan of wheels with rivets around the outside - not even on the real deal 2-piece, genuine high dollar wheels. I don't know why, though. That's just my opinion, and I think I'm in the minority there. But, I think both of those wheels would look nice on your car.

What offset and size range are you looking for out of curiosity?

I'm partial to these wheels

Last edited by pearl350z; 08-09-2011 at 09:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!