Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 08-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Bewst!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

yeah I like the EVO X wheels on the Speed 3's a lot, but I think I want something a little different lol. And I don't want to run silver, and I don't feel like paying for wheels AND powdercoating. Plus I am sure they cost an arm and a leg to buy them online, so that is a no go.

As for the wheels with rivets, before I even put the tires on the wheels I had already planned on painting them black to match the wheel. They are removable rivets, so it shouldn't be a big deal. They also sell them in black, blue, red, and gold for an extra $60 bucks, so I might check into that as well. Also, for fitment, I am looking at 18x8.5" +35 in the blacks, and 18x9" +42 in the gun metal wheels. IDK, I am just torn. Trying to find something to really go with my theme. I keep coming back to the black wheels, I just feel it would give the car a really aggressive look. In an effort to not make it look like a giant black hole where the wheel goes, I will probably paint the calipers a different color to set them off (maybe gold, not sure).
Old 08-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z

Originally Posted by 4CED-FED
yeah I like the EVO X wheels on the Speed 3's a lot, but I think I want something a little different lol. And I don't want to run silver, and I don't feel like paying for wheels AND powdercoating. Plus I am sure they cost an arm and a leg to buy them online, so that is a no go.

As for the wheels with rivets, before I even put the tires on the wheels I had already planned on painting them black to match the wheel. They are removable rivets, so it shouldn't be a big deal. They also sell them in black, blue, red, and gold for an extra $60 bucks, so I might check into that as well. Also, for fitment, I am looking at 18x8.5" +35 in the blacks, and 18x9" +42 in the gun metal wheels. IDK, I am just torn. Trying to find something to really go with my theme. I keep coming back to the black wheels, I just feel it would give the car a really aggressive look. In an effort to not make it look like a giant black hole where the wheel goes, I will probably paint the calipers a different color to set them off (maybe gold, not sure).
Gotcha... good idea on painting the rivets, that'd probably do the trick. Those get my vote.

Evo X wheels can be had for within $600-$800 range, btw. Sometimes cheaper, you just have to actively look and jump quick when you find a good deal because they sell fast. There are so many different cars using them.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:38 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by ej1995
if you guys on here want to buy any significant amount of stuff, i'll just make an account for you. i run the commercial program at autozone in salem. it'll start on a tier 4 pricing setup, which is good...but i like the override button anyways, so price can be lowered. just let me know if anybody is interested and i'll get one set up.

good on most anything except the obvious oil and antifreeze and one or two other things.
That would actually be great. We've shared the Advance Auto discount nationwide with all of the Jeep forum members. We're required to spend $250/week average but that works out great because there's a couple thousand people buying things regularly on the club discount. After the six month review, the discount could possibly be increased depending on the average weekly purchase amount. A lot of people have voiced that they'd like to also have access to Autozone and/or O'riellys. If you set up a commercial account, can it be used nationwide at other Autozone locations? Details on the other requirements such as weekly minimum purchases, exclusions from items, required proof that you're part of the club, etc... This is great! Thanks!
Old 08-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Registered member

ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
That would actually be great. We've shared the Advance Auto discount nationwide with all of the Jeep forum members. We're required to spend $250/week average but that works out great because there's a couple thousand people buying things regularly on the club discount. After the six month review, the discount could possibly be increased depending on the average weekly purchase amount. A lot of people have voiced that they'd like to also have access to Autozone and/or O'riellys. If you set up a commercial account, can it be used nationwide at other Autozone locations? Details on the other requirements such as weekly minimum purchases, exclusions from items, required proof that you're part of the club, etc... This is great! Thanks!
i put up a thread on this
Old 08-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

Roar.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:29 AM
Bewst!!!

4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED

^^ noms.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Mazdaspeed

Bassmachine has disabled reputation

Havnt posted any pictures of the new automobile. Nothing fancy just yet, just a miata. This was before i fixed the reverse rake i had going on.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:23 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Washed the 240sx for the first time since i bought it almost 4 months ago lololol. decided it was a good time to snap some pictures....too bad i suck at taking pictures.

And since i havent gotten around to painting the pink eye yet, i quickly edited a picture to make everyone happy.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

It looks good mang. I got a can of black paint in my hand now. I'll swing by on my lunch break and paint that mf'r so we don't have to look at it anymore. I'm right up the road
Old 08-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

Ukrops underground. That's what's up.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!