Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 08-26-2011, 12:56 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by TNGChris
I'd love to lower it more,but where it's at is where it needs to be to not run out of travel.We'll probably need to raise the front some so it doesn't bottom out on the banking at Charlotte.
We're changing the theme from just Ruste Carlo to something a lot funnier....Pics to come.
I've always wanted to do one of these races just to see what it's like. I know that the car itself can only cost around $500 but REALISTICALLY how expensive is it to run a car in this series? (entrance, safety equipment, race gear, things not included in the $500 limit)
Old 08-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

I've always wanted to do one of these races just to see what it's like. I know that the car itself can only cost around $500 but REALISTICALLY how expensive is it to run a car in this series? (entrance, safety equipment, race gear, things not included in the $500 limit)
Aside from the $500 car itself,not included in that limit is the safety equipment and wheels and tires.Figure the cost of three sets of wheels,rollcage,fuel cell,race seat,harness,radio,etc on top of the price of the car itself....Of course,you'll want to replace any maintenance type parts,since they're probably not in the best shape on a $500 car(hopefully the car cost less than $500 so you can include that in the spending limit).

After you have the car ready,a 24 hour race will cost you around $4-$5k.That includes entry fees,and figure three sets of tires,about 200 gallons of fuel,three sets of brake pads,plus transportation and lodging while there.

It's not cheap,but it's probably the best price for the race time you get.You could build a Spec Miata or E30,but it'd take a lot of race weekends to accumulate 24 hours of track time.
Divided by four or five drivers,it's not bad.If you want to try it out first,from time to time I'll see teams selling a seat for a race.

Last edited by TNGChris; 08-26-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Temporary ######

Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor

Since I haven't posted in here, here are my rides.

My 96 Accord:

And my 91 hatch:
Old 08-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Sarge,just for you.
Couple laps on VIR Grand from last year.This is from my second session on Grand,so I'm still figuring things out on the infield section.Never mind the one finger salutes and faggy waves to jason.
This was also the first event with the new engine.The map was really shitty.It was extremely lean at tip-in,hence the jumpy throttle inputs.I also figured out that the tranny that would grind when shifting at 6500RPM with the old engine would not even go into gear at 9000RPM,hence the several times I have to re-rev match to get it to go into gear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDQ0Aftham8 Uloaded this too.From a few years ago,was chasing a 911(what is it with white 911s?!),and got a little off line through Hogpen.I thought the curbing would catch the car,but the left rear hopped over and it snapped around.I pretty much did everything you're not supposed to do when you're spinning,but I saw that wall coming,so I kind of instinctively tried to save it.Forgot to tuen the exposure down on the camera,so it's way overexposed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myLRq4RzRts

Last edited by TNGChris; 08-28-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:18 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

That's the first time a Civic seemed fun to me at all.. ever.

Awesome vids.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
That's the first time a Civic seemed fun to me at all.. ever.
I still don't see the fun...?
Old 08-28-2011, 08:23 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by pieisgude
I still don't see the fun...?
That's because it's not a video about hard parking
Old 08-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered Member

BallinthaEF BallinthaEF BallinthaEF

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
That's because it's not a video about hard parking
Funny....
Old 08-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Registered member

silviamayne has disabled reputation

[/QUOTE]

is there anymore pictures of this car? or maybe a build thread?
Old 08-28-2011, 10:29 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

uhhh, thats not from our section, AT ALL...check dope status, i know its been reposted a million times!

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!