Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 08-29-2011, 06:08 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by TNGChris
I think it's cool just for the fact that a couple of the various stages have been so unique,especially for the BMW scene.Even better when all the BMW elitist get all butthurt about some of the stuff he's done.
I go on Bimmerforums whenever there's nothing interesting happening here and I can't even tell you how quickly their butthurt goes from funny to downright petty and annoying. (seriously, some of the OGs over there make our FS trolls look mature) It's now gotten to the point where the main mod over there is starting to ban anyone who starts an argument involving Stanceworks, that part is funny as shit, their "jokes" however get old very quickly. Just goes to show that even excess use of the word "bro" gets irritating if you do it enough. Also just so this post isn't entirely off topic I'm calling tomorrow to set up an appointment to have my coilovers installed, pics at first available opportunity. I'm psyched.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by Race B&on
I go on Bimmerforums whenever there's nothing interesting happening here and I can't even tell you how quickly their butthurt goes from funny to downright petty and annoying. (seriously, some of the OGs over there make our FS trolls look mature) It's now gotten to the point where the main mod over there is starting to ban anyone who starts an argument involving Stanceworks, that part is funny as shit, their "jokes" however get old very quickly. Just goes to show that even excess use of the word "bro" gets irritating if you do it enough. Also just so this post isn't entirely off topic I'm calling tomorrow to set up an appointment to have my coilovers installed, pics at first available opportunity. I'm psyched.
It's about time!
The only thing I go on BFc for is the classifieds.I used to go into the E36M forums,but there's 10 different retards with 10 differeent wrong answers to every question,so there's no use asking anything or trying to help anybody.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:17 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

It's about time!
The only thing I go on BFc for is the classifieds.I used to go into the E36M forums,but there's 10 different retards with 10 differeent wrong answers to every question,so there's no use asking anything or trying to help anybody.
Exactly, I never go there for advice, that site has seriously changed within the last few years, people answering questions that they have no idea about or giving advice on repairs they've never done. And yeah I've only had the kit staring at me for like 6 months waiting to be put on, I work slow due to money constraints and (with this project in particular) flat out nervousness. It's the first time this kit has ever been fitted a Ti so I'll be just dreading that call of "we're down here with your car up on a lift half torn apart and the stuff don't fit".
Old 08-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Why not DIY? It's not difficult. Hell bring the stuff over here and I'll help you put it on. We can get Chris in on it and make him do the dirty work and/or pop open our beers for us.

As far as bf.c only section I visit is the FI. It's the only place with intelligent people who like helping. Few regulars that are annoying, but at least they're contributing sometimes. Otherwise it's r3v for me, but most of them are f'n retards too lol.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:59 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Why not DIY? It's not difficult. Hell bring the stuff over here and I'll help you put it on. We can get Chris in on it and make him do the dirty work and/or pop open our beers for us.

As far as bf.c only section I visit is the FI. It's the only place with intelligent people who like helping. Few regulars that are annoying, but at least they're contributing sometimes. Otherwise it's r3v for me, but most of them are f'n retards too lol.
I've tried, I know they're going to have to drop the axles and remove the rear sway at the very least just to get the old springs out (apparently something about the Ti makes spring removal more difficult than on normal E36s, it's a common problem) not to mention I haven't really crawled under the front to check out what we'd be dealing with in terms of seized strut bolts (the rear shocks had never been changed in 170k and they were seized BIG TIME, so that's not a promising sign for the struts) and if it's going to get that involved I'd just feel more comfortable having pros do it, not to mention that I'd have to have a shop put the new "tall" urethane mounts on the shocks anyway and take the tires off my rear BBS's which are going to get refinished someday, in my dreams probably based on how I blow through money. Girlfriend said she's getting tired of hearing about my 7 half finished projects going on at the same time, so she made a list and on top of the 6 grand I've already put into the car (not including the cost of the car itself) it'll be another 9 or so before it's in its finished state. lol But the shop owner is a local guy (the only fair one in town as far as I can tell) so I don't mind helping to keep him in business.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:39 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Sarge,just for you.
Couple laps on VIR Grand from last year.This is from my second session on Grand,so I'm still figuring things out on the infield section.Never mind the one finger salutes and faggy waves to jason.
This was also the first event with the new engine.The map was really shitty.It was extremely lean at tip-in,hence the jumpy throttle inputs.I also figured out that the tranny that would grind when shifting at 6500RPM with the old engine would not even go into gear at 9000RPM,hence the several times I have to re-rev match to get it to go into gear.

Uloaded this too.From a few years ago,was chasing a 911(what is it with white 911s?!),and got a little off line through Hogpen.I thought the curbing would catch the car,but the left rear hopped over and it snapped around.I pretty much did everything you're not supposed to do when you're spinning,but I saw that wall coming,so I kind of instinctively tried to save it.Forgot to tuen the exposure down on the camera,so it's way overexposed.
Looks like a ton of fun for the grand course!!!

You're spin was nearly disaster. I've had a couple spins similar to what you had there.... Do not want! LOL
Old 08-30-2011, 06:19 AM
Registered Member

TowHook has disabled reputation

I havent been on here in a while and i forgot my original username...pretty sure i dont even use that email it was registered too...anyways.

I still have the 2003 Taffy white EP3 seen around the Roanoke area. It hasnt been out since Christmas Eve, but i still have her. Shes in a secret and safe location as she gets all put back together....so to tide me over till then, I purchased this beautiful GPW '00 S2K.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:42 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Your painter missed a spot :shifty Nice car, I've always loved AP1's.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Out of curiosity where are you taking it?
Old 08-30-2011, 11:55 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Out of curiosity where are you taking it?
Answered your question specifically via rep message. (now that I don't live in Roanoke anymore I'm all paranoid about what information I let out) They've done solid work before on my brother's car (full wiring harness and rear suspension overhaul) and family cars (mostly engines, alternators, and transmissions on various windstars and suburbans) for years, not a BMW specific place. Although I've now been drawn into the vortex of deals that is the Bimmerforums classifieds and found some heated Vaders that may be too good to pass up, putting the install on hold (again) for a little while.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!