Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 10-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
delslow17 is a jewel in the roughdelslow17 is a jewel in the roughdelslow17 is a jewel in the roughdelslow17 is a jewel in the roughdelslow17 is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by eyeGOsloo

im spotted you at mickey d's on saturday morn!!!! lol
Old 10-06-2011, 05:29 PM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Just found these. I bought this car for $200 a few years ago. Pulled the front end out using my current crx. Put a junky hood on it, replaced a headlight, bumper support and bumper (all extras I had) and $6 worth of white spray paint. Car was literally soaked with cat piss inside, cleaned it, bleached it, put a pound of baking soda under the carpet and left the windows cracked while I tried to sell it. Sold it for $1500 to a truck driver passing through. 2nd pic is us loading it into the back of his 53ft trailer to take it to Ohio.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:42 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by Race B&on
Fuck no, in total I paid about what you'd pay for replacement stock handles + lock cylinders. (of course shipping + import from The Netherlands was a fair part of that price) I'll just swap the lock cylinders out and they should go back in just how the OEM ones came out.

Next project is the wheels (I'm getting tired of looking at them all decrepit and unfinished) got a quote of $600 (for all four wheels) for just repair from AWRS in Rocky Mount, he said the damage looked relatively minor but does anyone know if this place is taking me for a ride? $600 and they don't even powdercoat seems a bit on the high side.
What exactly is wrong with them? I had 2 of my wheels repaired at Chrome Wheel Works, and it was fairly cheap.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:57 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Chrome Wheel Works. Do it. He does good work.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Bewst!!!

4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED

Alright, finally got my new wheels put on this past Saturday. Still got to put the front spacers on and do a little more fender work, but very happy with these.

Sorry for the crappy cell pics, but you get the idea.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Registered member

ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995

Originally Posted by 4CED-FED
Alright, finally got my new wheels put on this past Saturday. Still got to put the front spacers on and do a little more fender work, but very happy with these.

+1 for the new wheels.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:36 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Very nice, Kevin!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:55 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
What exactly is wrong with them? I had 2 of my wheels repaired at Chrome Wheel Works, and it was fairly cheap.
Minor curbing on all of them, one has a gouge in the lip, and another one has a slight bend. That's why I was thinking $600 was a bit pricey, the bend is more or less a cosmetic fix and curb rash is a routine repair I'd imagine. Even the guy at AWRS said the damage looked minor. The price he quoted me with $125 per wheel for "cosmetic fixes" $125 for "straightening" or $200 for both. Only one would need both, the others would just need cosmetic fixes, bringing the proposed total to ~$575.

The third one was sourced from a different location than the other three, one in the third picture has the OEM bright silver finish, other three were powdercoated lime green (thank you Mike Burroughs)

then the first two were cheaply covered in silver (green now showing through ) and the last is chromed. What's really got me considering other places is that AWRS doesn't do powdercoating or refinishing at all, ideally I'd like the place that's repairing the wheels and knows where the imperfections are and how they were fixed to do the refinishing for the wheels and center caps too.

Also 4CED-FED I'm loving the wheels you chose, the high offset is nice and the spokes really show off those big calipers.

Last edited by Trunk Impaired; 10-06-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Bewst!!!

4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED

appreciate it guys, thanks for the kind words! Overall, I am very happy with these. I gotta roll my left rear fender a hair more, it currently rubs just a hair where it meets the bumper. Also throwing on a 5mm spacer in the front to give it a little more flush appearance. I can't go any more in the rear though, I am sitting right where I need it to.

One day, I'd like to get some professional pictures taken of it, but until then, these cell phone pics will have to do!!
Old 10-07-2011, 04:29 AM
Registered Member

pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z

appreciate it guys, thanks for the kind words! Overall, I am very happy with these. I gotta roll my left rear fender a hair more, it currently rubs just a hair where it meets the bumper. Also throwing on a 5mm spacer in the front to give it a little more flush appearance. I can't go any more in the rear though, I am sitting right where I need it to.

One day, I'd like to get some professional pictures taken of it, but until then, these cell phone pics will have to do!!
That's about as close to a Evo X wheel that I've ever seen... so I like!

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!