Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 10-07-2011, 06:26 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

I would love to take a wack at pictures. Sweet car!
Old 10-07-2011, 06:27 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Like those new wheels mazdaspeed guy... Very subtle.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:31 AM

slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Like those new wheels mazdaspeed guy... Very subtle.
+1, very clean
Old 10-07-2011, 06:59 AM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Yep the new wheels look great!!
Old 10-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by 4CED-FED
Alright, finally got my new wheels put on this past Saturday. Still got to put the front spacers on and do a little more fender work, but very happy with these.

Sorry for the crappy cell pics, but you get the idea.

I know where that is... But don't worry, I won't give out your secret hiding spot... Have a couple friends that live over there... Ignore the guy in the blue s2k. Straight tool.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Bewst!!!

4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED

LOL yeah, I've got to see him creepin' up the skreet. Dude seemed like a douche nozzle, good to see that confirmed.

Thanks for all the kind words. Didn't think everyone would like them, so thats cool to hear. I wanted to go with something with decently aggressive fitment, but something clean and something that isnt too wild lookin.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Bewst!!!

4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED

Originally Posted by pearl350z
That's about as close to a Evo X wheel that I've ever seen... so I like!
oh yeh, definitely close. They look like a copy of the rota g-forces/advan's to me as well (of course not as wide/aggressive fitting).
Old 10-07-2011, 12:56 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by Race B&on
Minor curbing on all of them, one has a gouge in the lip, and another one has a slight bend. That's why I was thinking $600 was a bit pricey, the bend is more or less a cosmetic fix and curb rash is a routine repair I'd imagine. Even the guy at AWRS said the damage looked minor. The price he quoted me with $125 per wheel for "cosmetic fixes" $125 for "straightening" or $200 for both. Only one would need both, the others would just need cosmetic fixes, bringing the proposed total to ~$575.

[IMG]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/porschexboxster/RZ412-1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/porschexboxster/RZ412-2.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/porschexboxster/RZ412-3.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/porschexboxster/RZ412-4.jpg[IMG]

The third one was sourced from a different location than the other three, one in the third picture has the OEM bright silver finish, other three were powdercoated lime green (thank you Mike Burroughs)

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3445/3193466316_1d3713ed50.jpg[IMG]

then the first two were cheaply covered in silver (green now showing through ) and the last is chromed. What's really got me considering other places is that AWRS doesn't do powdercoating or refinishing at all, ideally I'd like the place that's repairing the wheels and knows where the imperfections are and how they were fixed to do the refinishing for the wheels and center caps too.

Also 4CED-FED I'm loving the wheels you chose, the high offset is nice and the spokes really show off those big calipers.
Take them to Chrome Wheel works in Salem. They fixed 2 of my bent wheels for $150, and they were done in one day.

Also, PLEASEEEE dont paint your wheels neon yellow. 2 cars in Roanoke with neon yellow wheels is already enough
Old 10-07-2011, 01:07 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
Take them to Chrome Wheel works in Salem. They fixed 2 of my bent wheels for $150, and they were done in one day.

Also, PLEASEEEE dont paint your wheels neon yellow. 2 cars in Roanoke with neon yellow wheels is already enough
Wouldn't dream of it, that's what Mike (the PO) did and as a result of that and his (or someone's) shitty cover up job little pieces of green are now showing through the silver. I've got it narrowed down to either the OEM finish (like in the third picture) or full chrome. You've sold me on Chrome Wheel Works on price alone, at that price point I can afford to have them done just in time to take them off for salt season.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:15 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by Race B&on
Wouldn't dream of it, that's what Mike (the PO) did and as a result of that and his (or someone's) shitty cover up job little pieces of green are now showing through the silver. I've got it narrowed down to either the OEM finish (like in the third picture) or full chrome. You've sold me on Chrome Wheel Works on price alone, at that price point I can afford to have them done just in time to take them off for salt season.
they also do powder coating as well...but i have no idea of the prices. I know that i got mine done for a bit cheaper than they could do them for though

Ill be pulling the FN01R-C's off as soon as winter rolls around too. Cant wait to see what my car looks like on the OEM 15's lol

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!