Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 10-31-2011, 02:24 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
It wouldnt start in Neutral?
Nope. It wouldn't do anything until I was at a complete stop. It's been a while, but I think it took a minute before it would start back up. Turn the key initially--nothing. Wait a second, started right up. Weirdest thing. Needless to say, I didn't fill that motherfucker back up and I told them they were lucky I put ANY gas in it! Haha!
Old 10-31-2011, 02:39 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Looks like would be a good time to go down to ampro tools and pick up a cheap torque wrench. Sorry to see it.

Get good tools or dont buy any at all.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

He's on a budget. Obviously I think he would have been happier paying 20-30 bux to have a tq wrench within 5-8lb*ft instead of having his f'n wheel fly off on the interstate.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:11 PM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

Hell I have a cheap HF torque wrench you can have. I had to buy a bigger one for my crank pulley bolt and I never use it anymore
Old 10-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

I always torque my lug nuts to asian-kid-standing-on-factory-lug-wrench.....

yeah, talked to insurance today, said they'll cover it, just with a $500 adjustable. time to start beating the living shit out of my car and get insurance to fix it....i've always wanted a new windshield..... (jk)
Old 10-31-2011, 04:54 PM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Are your wheels hubcentric or require a ring adapter to fit correctly? ? ^^^
Old 10-31-2011, 05:03 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by Spooln4
Are your wheels hubcentric or require a ring adapter to fit correctly? ? ^^^
This has no bearing on what made the lugs back off unless the lugs were not tightened then torqued properly to start with. Should have heard noises or something prior to the wheel separating from the hub completely. Sucks that it happened but I'm glad insurance is going to cover it and everyone is ok.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:43 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Yikes... $500 deductible? Might as well get that front bumper painted to match while you're at it. Maybe that's a possibility since it looks like the lip of the bumper is jacked up.

Maybe you should think about lifting weights?
Old 11-01-2011, 03:25 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by pieisgude
I always torque my lug nuts to asian-kid-standing-on-factory-lug-wrench.....

yeah, talked to insurance today, said they'll cover it, just with a $500 adjustable. time to start beating the living shit out of my car and get insurance to fix it....i've always wanted a new windshield..... (jk)
Haha,nice torque specs!.....Don't seem to be working out too well though.

Really though,no reason to not have a torque wrench.HF has a 1/2" drive one on sale now for $14.99......I'm all for having nice tools,but I actually have two of the HF ones as spares(one at the house and one in my track toolbox),and they're both as accurate as my Snap-On.A lot of the "high-end" tools other than basic hand tools are just rebadged shit anyway.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:57 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Haha,nice torque specs!.....Don't seem to be working out too well though.

Really though,no reason to not have a torque wrench.HF has a 1/2" drive one on sale now for $14.99......I'm all for having nice tools,but I actually have two of the HF ones as spares(one at the house and one in my track toolbox),and they're both as accurate as my Snap-On.A lot of the "high-end" tools other than basic hand tools are just rebadged shit anyway.
$14.99 and you can probably print out a 15%+ discount coupon on the website on top of that... I've bought a lot of disposable tools at HF. That way, I don't care if they break or get stolen out of the Jeep. That's the whole point.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!