Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 01-06-2012, 03:18 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by Race B&on
When I get one I'm definitely springing for the 3D setup. Already have one original Hero HD, so one more and that special case and I'll be making cheesy 3D effects just like a real Hollywood director.
3D pronz?!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Reserved for piktarz of new shitbox.

In before mad lullz.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Needs A 240sx

SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg

Originally Posted by Cyanide
Reserved for piktarz of new shitbox.

In before mad lullz.
please say you didnt buy a wagovan....
Old 01-06-2012, 11:14 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

When I get one I'm definitely springing for the 3D setup. Already have one original Hero HD, so one more and that special case and I'll be making cheesy 3D effects just like a real Hollywood director.
Sounds like a potentially bad idea if you're planning to use a Hero and a Hero 2. If I were you, rather than having two original Hero's to make some stupid 3d footage, get one Hero 2 and shoot regular HD footage instead. The Hero and Hero 2 have drastically different video qualities. For best results you'd probably need two of the same, and it would be silly to buy another first gen Hero when the new one is so much better.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:28 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Sounds like a potentially bad idea if you're planning to use a Hero and a Hero 2. If I were you, rather than having two original Hero's to make some stupid 3d footage, get one Hero 2 and shoot regular HD footage instead. The Hero and Hero 2 have drastically different video qualities. For best results you'd probably need two of the same, and it would be silly to buy another first gen Hero when the new one is so much better.
Well the plan is 2 first gens at this point, the first gens are about $100 bucks cheaper and I'm not necessarily filming Avatar here so the video quality can lack a bit if it means being able to use the first gen I already have rather than spending $600 for 2 Hero 2's, then $100 for the 3D case and software, then whatever accessories I'll need. (LCD Backpac, etc.) I've got the 1080p Hero filming at 30fps. I'd like to compare the actual quality difference in the first and second generations to see how noticeable it actually is. I may go out later and take some video and see about posting it.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by SRT-Ferg
please say you did buy a wagovan....
Fixed
Old 01-06-2012, 03:50 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Well the plan is 2 first gens at this point, the first gens are about $100 bucks cheaper and I'm not necessarily filming Avatar here so the video quality can lack a bit if it means being able to use the first gen I already have rather than spending $600 for 2 Hero 2's, then $100 for the 3D case and software, then whatever accessories I'll need. (LCD Backpac, etc.) I've got the 1080p Hero filming at 30fps. I'd like to compare the actual quality difference in the first and second generations to see how noticeable it actually is. I may go out later and take some video and see about posting it.
We can film the same subject side by side if you want to. I'm interested to see the difference first hand myself.

The first gen's were like $120 on Woot.com a few weeks ago and I just missed out. I would have liked to have had a second GoPro, but am by no means ready to get a second second gen at $299.99.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:24 PM
wub wub wub wub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3eh3BFEi7E
Old 01-07-2012, 05:57 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

nice!
Old 01-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by SRT-Ferg
please say you didnt buy a wagovan....
Originally Posted by TNGChris
Fixed
I almost bought a pretty minty one... Kinda glad I didn't... Happy with my new toy... I need to take pics...

Scooped this up on the 5th for 600 bones.

1990 CRX Si

These pics are from the seller. I've already made some changes...

Before you judge, know that it is a Si and finding one that is near complete and unmolested is almost unheard of. Its about 95% all there. The only thing I've found that doesn't work is the rear wiper. The a/c works (yes I said a/c), power steering, power sunroof, etc. The interior is nearly complete minus a plastic cover over the top of the rear view mirror and the little tinted plastic piece over the clock buttons. The exterior is rough but for the majority, straight. The engine is a mpfi d16a6 w/ 218k on the clock. The muffler was rusted through, dented up and falling off so I simply broke it off for safety reasons...

Last edited by Cyanide Jello; 01-07-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!