Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 01-08-2012, 05:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

I looked at that crx a while back. they were asking 2k for it. If it has power steering some one has added that though. That piece to cover the rear view is always broken too.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
[video=youtube;H3eh3BFEi7E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3eh3BFEi7E[/vdeo]
Do you have anything you've recorded and uploaded in 1080?
I went to Best Buy last night,but all they had in the Hero2 was the wearable package.They apparently don't carry the Motorsport package?On their site they offer a "Moto" package for $400ish with basically the same stuff that costs $299 on the Go Pro site.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:30 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Do you have anything you've recorded and uploaded in 1080?
I went to Best Buy last night,but all they had in the Hero2 was the wearable package.They apparently don't carry the Motorsport package?On their site they offer a "Moto" package for $400ish with basically the same stuff that costs $299 on the Go Pro site.
The issues that I've been running into that are killing the video quality are solely on the pc end.. It looks great until I convert to import into Windows Movie Maker. I have Vegas Pro but there's something wrong with one of the files and it won't open at the moment. When I convert from MP4, quality goes down. I don't want to have to pay for a program to convert, but the shareware/freeware apps are garbage so far.

I don't have anything I've recorded in 1080 yet. My 32gb class 10 sd card should be here tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest, so I'm going to do plenty of high def videos.

GoPro does make the Motorsports package. Corey has that one. Only difference really is that it comes with the suction cup mount, which you can buy online for $20ish. My advice would be to get the outdoor version like I have anyway, and just buy the suction cup mount elsewhere. I'm almost positive the Motorsports version is the same price as the others (i.e. surf, outdoor). All of the Hero 2's should be $299.99
Old 01-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

The issues that I've been running into that are killing the video quality are solely on the pc end.. It looks great until I convert to import into Windows Movie Maker. I have Vegas Pro but there's something wrong with one of the files and it won't open at the moment. When I convert from MP4, quality goes down. I don't want to have to pay for a program to convert, but the shareware/freeware apps are garbage so far.

I don't have anything I've recorded in 1080 yet. My 32gb class 10 sd card should be here tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest, so I'm going to do plenty of high def videos.

GoPro does make the Motorsports package. Corey has that one. Only difference really is that it comes with the suction cup mount, which you can buy online for $20ish. My advice would be to get the outdoor version like I have anyway, and just buy the suction cup mount elsewhere. I'm almost positive the Motorsports version is the same price as the others (i.e. surf, outdoor). All of the Hero 2's should be $299.99
Yeah,they're all $299.Does the Outdoor come with the adhesive mounts?I wanted the Motorsports version since it comes with the suction cup and several adhesive mount,so I could have several different setup options.

I was concerned about DLing the video at full resolution.I need to look into that.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:05 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Yeah,they're all $299.Does the Outdoor come with the adhesive mounts?I wanted the Motorsports version since it comes with the suction cup and several adhesive mount,so I could have several different setup options.

I was concerned about DLing the video at full resolution.I need to look into that.
All three versions come with like four adhesive mounts. I think mine came with two curved, and two flat.. then the head strap, and helmet strap. Instead of the head strap and helmet strap, I believe the motorsports version has the suction cup... and the surf version has the white circle mount that goes on a surfboard.

I bought the tripod attachment, and the grab bag of mounts so far. This week I'm buying the suction cup mount, magnet mount, LCD bacpac (hopefully), maybe another tripod mount or two so I can make my own accessories (just need 1/4" 20 bolts so you can screw the tripod attachment onto it and you can mount it anywhere you could ever imagine).

I guess the point that I'm making is that it really doesn't matter so much which of the three kits you have. They're all essentially the same, except each one has one particular accessory that's more specific towards what you're interested in filming. You can always buy additional attachments or make them yourself on the cheap side of the spectrum. Keep in mind that you will need to buy an SD card (again, I got my class 10 32gb card on Amazon for $32.99 shipped. great deal!)

Anyway, yeah, they all come with the adhesive mounts. That's how I filmed my dash video. I used a curved adhesive mount.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Registered member

All three versions come with like four adhesive mounts. I think mine came with two curved, and two flat.. then the head strap, and helmet strap. Instead of the head strap and helmet strap, I believe the motorsports version has the suction cup... and the surf version has the white circle mount that goes on a surfboard.

I bought the tripod attachment, and the grab bag of mounts so far. This week I'm buying the suction cup mount, magnet mount, LCD bacpac (hopefully), maybe another tripod mount or two so I can make my own accessories (just need 1/4" 20 bolts so you can screw the tripod attachment onto it and you can mount it anywhere you could ever imagine).

I guess the point that I'm making is that it really doesn't matter so much which of the three kits you have. They're all essentially the same, except each one has one particular accessory that's more specific towards what you're interested in filming. You can always buy additional attachments or make them yourself on the cheap side of the spectrum. Keep in mind that you will need to buy an SD card (again, I got my class 10 32gb card on Amazon for $32.99 shipped. great deal!)

Anyway, yeah, they all come with the adhesive mounts. That's how I filmed my dash video. I used a curved adhesive mount.
I was just leaning towards Best Buy because I really wanted to get it imeediately so i could fuck with it yesterday and today,so it doesn't matter now.
I'll need the suction cup and adhesive mounts,so I'd like the Motorsports Edition,and it's $310 shipped from the Go Pro site.I figure once you figure in sales tax and having to buy the suction cup mount separately at Best Buy,it's way cheaper directly from Go Pro.
That is a good deal on the card.I also saw Best Buy has a pretty good sale going on 16gb cards.I forget the brand and exact pricing,but that Amazon price kills it.I also need to look at how much you can film on the various size cards.

Can you upload to Youtube in MP4 format?They have the editing tools on there that actually work pretty well.If there's not a relatively easy way to get the video on the net at 1080,that could definitely be a deal breaker for me.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:20 PM
wub wub wub wub

I was just leaning towards Best Buy because I really wanted to get it imeediately so i could fuck with it yesterday and today,so it doesn't matter now.
I'll need the suction cup and adhesive mounts,so I'd like the Motorsports Edition,and it's $310 shipped from the Go Pro site.I figure once you figure in sales tax and having to buy the suction cup mount separately at Best Buy,it's way cheaper directly from Go Pro.
That is a good deal on the card.I also saw Best Buy has a pretty good sale going on 16gb cards.I forget the brand and exact pricing,but that Amazon price kills it.I also need to look at how much you can film on the various size cards.

Can you upload to Youtube in MP4 format?They have the editing tools on there that actually work pretty well.If there's not a relatively easy way to get the video on the net at 1080,that could definitely be a deal breaker for me.
Pretty sure you can definitely upload in MP4 format, and in any resolution basically... the reason I'm having issues with it is because I don't want to just upload a video clip straight off of the camera. I want to edit multiple video clips into one video with various effects and what not.. add music.. etc. It's very easy to use, but I'm pretty inexperienced with the conversions and Windows Movie Maker doesn't like MP4. It's not difficult to convert whatsoever. Windows Movie Maker is the ONLY reason I'm having any issues.

IIRC, you will run out of battery before you even fill up a 16gb card, let alone 32gb.. but I wanted to play it safe and I will eventually buy a second battery and make a battery-pack that hooks up to the usb port so I can get an additional 8+ hours of timelapse recording if and when I desire to do so.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Registered member

Pretty sure you can definitely upload in MP4 format, and in any resolution basically... the reason I'm having issues with it is because I don't want to just upload a video clip straight off of the camera. I want to edit multiple video clips into one video with various effects and what not.. add music.. etc. It's very easy to use, but I'm pretty inexperienced with the conversions and Windows Movie Maker doesn't like MP4. It's not difficult to convert whatsoever. Windows Movie Maker is the ONLY reason I'm having any issues.

IIRC, you will run out of battery before you even fill up a 16gb card, let alone 32gb.. but I wanted to play it safe and I will eventually buy a second battery and make a battery-pack that hooks up to the usb port so I can get an additional 8+ hours of timelapse recording if and when I desire to do so.
Just ordered it directly from GoPro.It ended up adding tax to the order at some point when I confirmed my Paypal payment.All said,it was $333 total for the Motorsport package and tripod mount.Whatever,I'm just glad to finally have one!

I've got a few different video editing programs.When I get some footage to edit I'll post back with what's working well.I have a copy of Pinnacle Studio(what I've used to edit my previous footage)you can try in the meantime if you'd like.

I'm planning to use the cigarette lighter charger in the car so I can just leave the camera in the car the whole time I'm at the track.A 16GB card should get a weekend's worth of footage.I'd like to get the LCD backpack for other use,as this will have to also be my new family camcorder too.Earon wanted a more conventional model for use with the kids' events/games/holidays and whatnot.Maybe the backpack will convince her not to be pissed about me buying this I'm sure the lack of zoom will be an issue.

Last edited by TNGChris; 01-08-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:44 PM
wub wub wub wub

Just ordered it directly from GoPro.It ended up adding tax to the order at some point when I confirmed my Paypal payment.All said,it was $333 total for the Motorsport package and tripod mount.Whatever,I'm just glad to finally have one!

I've got a few different video editing programs.When I get some footage to edit I'll post back with what's working well.I have a copy of Pinnacle Studio(what I've used to edit my previous footage)you can try in the meantime if you'd like.

I'm planning to use the cigarette lighter charger in the car so I can just leave the camera in the car the whole time I'm at the track.A 16GB card should get a weekend's worth of footage.I'd like to get the LCD backpack for other use,as this will have to also be my new family camcorder too.Earon wanted a more conventional model for use with the kids' events/games/holidays and whatnot.Maybe the backpack will convince her not to be pissed about me buying this I'm sure the lack of zoom will be an issue.
I don't mind not being able to zoom. That's one less thing to deal with. Besides, most people shouldn't use zoom anyway.. Have you ever watched a home video with some dumbass zooming in and out and in the process missing half of whatever they were shooting? Drives me crazy.. lol

Glad you got it though. I should work for GoPro! I really do think you'll be happy with it.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

Use Corel Video Studio Pro instead of shitty Movie Maker!

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!